[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interest in signing LO would be a good poll if it was a realistic acquisition.

It's clear we have no serious interest in him right now, and vice versa. Dudes personal life is all jacked up.

But anyways. I have an idea.

The next 10 GOOD poll ideas will be in a poll...for "which poll idea should be used next?"... And which ever has the most votes will go first. Whichever has the next most will go 2nd. And whichever has the 3rd most will go 3rd. This way you guys have a say in them and I'm just not making up random taco polls (although its pretty fun IMO :lol: ).

After the top 3 then we can try another 10 nominations.

So yeah. Each person give 1 good poll idea, good as in the poll will be close or interesting. Unlike the legends poll which was clearly too one sided and boring :lol:

Go ahead.
First 10 good ideas will be entered into a poll.
1 poll per person only, if you post 2 I will just skip ahead to the next person. I want everyone to have a fair shot with their ideas.

And yes, before someone asks, polls are serious business at this time. We have nothing else to discuss for the time being so why not? :lol:

Favorite running gag the past five years:

Jordan Farmar not passing the ball to Kobe.
Derek Fisher layups.
MWP dribbling the basketball.
Jodie Meeks layups.

Add on.

I like that but would it be easy for people to visualize each jersey just based on a short description with words? We'd probably have to have a post with all of them right?

:lol: didn't mean to shut you down I just wanna cover all bases. We can still try it out if you figure out a good way to visualize each jersey to people. Maybe I could put them in OP? Where there's a will there's a way bro :smile:

I'll keep it in mind in the mean time.

Favorite Kobe game winner ?

That's gotta be a lock......so many to choose from :smokin

Btw assuming Kobe starts the season healthy , does that change our expectations or are we still bottom feeding ?

I think the team finishes in the 10-12 range in the West standings if Kobe is solid. If he plays like he did last season (which would be historic given the injury), maybe pushing for the 8 seed?

Last edited:

Thats another good option, but it also requires visualization of each shot (via video or pic).
If you could provide the list of winners you consider viable options and video or good picture of each, via PM or email...it would help its chances.

so many great kobe moments this year. wish the lakers had a 100 percent healthy roster for the playoffs. they could of made some noise.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/08/05/bryant-shatters-recovery-timetable/

The ruptured Achilles’ tendon suffered by Kobe Bryant on April 12, 2013 against the Golden State Warriors ended the star’s incredible late-season run. The initial recovery timetable was set at six to nine months. However, recent reports suggest he may be ready to return for not just the start of the 2013-14 regular season, but as early as training camp. While on tour in China, he said the surgery performed was innovative and thus his recovery has been unique.

“The surgical procedure was different […] and because of that the recovery has been different,” Bryant said in the southern city of Shenzhen. “The normal timetable for recovery from an Achilles, we’ve shattered that. Three-and-a-half months I can already walk just fine, I’m lifting weights with the Achilles just fine and that’s different. So we don’t know what that timetable is going to be. It’s kind of new territory for us all.”’

Thats another good option, but it also requires visualization of each shot (via video or pic).
If you could provide the list of winners you consider viable options and video or good picture of each, via PM or email...it would help its chances.

Ok cool, there's a video in here with all of them or almost all of em..28 I think , ill look for it and try to post it. Been having trouble postings gifs, vids, or links from my ipad :smh: :lol:

Pmatic you must be a half glass empty type, straight up pessimist lol

I think we can get as high as 4-6 if Kobe starts the season healthy and even if he misses some time we should make the playoffs. We made it last year thru drama injuries etc so given a relatively normal season I thought we'd make the playoffs easily.

But I'm definitely a glass half full type so maybe that's why I'm thinking positive.

Man, I'm being realistic. This team won't be able to stop a nosebleed on defense, with or without Kobe. :lol:

This team if completely healthy at best is going to be a 7th seed... Mike Dantoni is a HORRIBLE coach and we just have a mediocre team. If Kobe is playing anything above 35min this year SMFH :smh:

Man, I'm being realistic. This team won't be able to stop a nosebleed on defense, with or without Kobe. :lol:

lol "cant wait."

but nahh, I think well be better than last year for sure (which isnt saying too much)....Wes is a pest, and Nick is athletic enough to harass folks and kaman is a legit rim protector who would jump in front of blake on a fast break :smokin

Just really gotta worry about nash at the point and transition d.

4-6 seed?????? What the ****?

Kobe was healthy all year last year, we ain't sniff 4-6.

Now you take Dwight out for spare 1 year parts, tear his achilles, and add another year on Pau and Nash and we 4-6?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CP again I'm a glass half full type of guy, I think the bad start really set us back last year along with injuries and if we avoid those I can see it happening.

Each year is different....how many people picked the spurs to go to the championship last year :nerd:.?

I don't get why you gotta kill the dudes optimism and vibe though.

I mean I don't agree with him, I don't think we'll be a 4 seed...like P said we can't stop anyone from scoring.

But he's right when he said anythings possible with Kobe on our team. Likely? No, but possible? Why not.

Ain't like he said were gonna be a 1 seed or that were going to the finals. He just said he's optimistic we have a chance of surpassing expectations.

When expectations are as low as they are for our team, it's not that far fetched to say we have a chance of surpassing expectations with our regular season record.

I mean, you are the one who wants to give MDA a chance CP. you told us to stop criticizing him and give him a full off season and training camp to build a system.

Well, we are. We're not expecting the world from him, but we'll give him a chance. Playoffs first, anything else is a bonus.

Plus, as much as many of you loved Dwight...and as great as a defensive presence he was (trust me, I know how bad we're gonna hurt defensively without him)...the truth is, offensively were a lot better without him as well.

I don't give a damn what kinda efficiency and stats and stuff essential wants to show, he was a big offensive liability especially in 4th quarters. Worrying about him being happy made our coach as well as our players play very uncharacteristically and ruined our chemistry.

Things will flow better without him offensively. Nash can be Nash. Kobe can be Kobe. And most importantly, Pau can finally get his 7 foot tall *** back in the damn paint where he belongs.

Again...we'll probably be the worst defensive team in the league which is significant. But we'll also improve offensively. So we just have to hope we can out score teams on a nightly basis.

Likely? Of course not for a long season, especially with our age. But possible? Of course. Anything is when you have the most prolific scorer in the NBA outside of KD.

We'll just wait and see.
I'm not sayin were gonna be great all I'm saying is that one guy Hoping for a 6 seed with Kobe on our team (especially if he recovers) isn't the most dillusional thing said on this board, even with last years difficulties.

We made it to the playoffs with Smush, Kwame, and Luke Walton guys. I know last year was tough. But if that team could get a 7 seed I don't know why there isn't even a small chance that MAYBE if some things go our way we could sneak into a 6 seed with this team. As bad as it is, it's not nearly as bad as our 2006 team :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
carne
el15zo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom