[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We desperately need a young pg who can turn the corner on the pic and roll, I'm just so sick of seeing Nash and Kobe try to run the pick and roll and get bottled up at the top of the key and making a tough pass or turnover.

A young pg who can penetrate and a serious knockdown shooter would make me feel a lot better about this team.

^ PG : Ramon Sessions? :lol: In all honest it sucks knowing how awesome he'd be as a backup for us :smh:

The way I see keeping Pau Gasol is this... You have to get rid of Steve Nash.

If we keep Steve Nash.. You have to get rid of Pau Gasol.

We can win if we keep Pau Gasol, we can win with Steve Nash. But not with both. There is just not enough foot speed on the roster.

I'd love a combo of Lowry & Sessions (that is my dream PG depth). Go after a 3point shooter at the 3 (You guys already know who I want).

But we'll end up having Nash, and having Pau. Being slow and defenseless.

Last edited:
I have put a lot of thought on this whole situation the Lakers a facing, I wanted to refrain from writing an essay buuuuut bare with here folks :lol:

1. Keeping Pau is really the only option they have if there trying to save their cap space in 2014. There is NO WAY you trade Pau to ANY team
without taking salary back, which will most likely go beyond 2014...his contract is just too big...

In the bigger picture it would just be better to keep him, pay the tax and let his contract run out...you wont get any value back for him
financial wise

2. The FO knows that D12 would be idiotic to not resign here, A) Kobe is fading to black so he will be the #1, B) he sees that we will have tremendous cap space so we will
be reloaded very soon, C) History is on our side, we never go too long without being contenders...

I think Mitch & Jim no that our bank account is low, its the end of the month and we are just waiting on our next payday...until then we cant go out and we just
are gonna have to starve for a little bit...

Its either choose to appease the fans and make lateral money wasting moves OR bite the bullet, stay pat and have a decent season, let the old Lakers fade away, and
start anew

The Lakers faced the same situation with the whole Kobe vs. Shaq fiasco...they chose their future (Kobe) over the immediate present/past (Shaq)
This time they gotta choose their future (D12 + cap space) or their past....it will be interesting

You just cant sacrifice the future just to feel good about not being mediocre for 1 season....I choose 1 more subpar year over 5 years of the
dark ages any day of the week.

The Cavs should have around $18 million in cap space this summer. If they were to couple Mo Speights ($4.2 million) and C.J. Miles ($2.2 million, partially guaranteed), they should be able to absorb the rest of Pau's salary. Kind of intriguing trade. Speights isn't a three point shooter, but he's comfortable shooting from the perimeter and is a good rebounder himself. I worry that Miles had a fluke season, but he's athletic and can shoot some. And both their contracts (assuming Speights does not opt out) expire in 2014. For the Cavs, they will need to start picking up wins if they want to interest LeBron in 2014.

It would feel wrong sending Pau to Mike Brown though. :x

Last edited:
The Cavs should have around $18 million in cap space this summer. If they were to couple Mo Speights ($4.2 million) and C.J. Miles ($2.2 million, partially guaranteed), they should be able to absorb the rest of Pau's salary. Kind of intriguing trade. Speights isn't a three point shooter, but he's comfortable shooting from the perimeter and is a good rebounder himself. I worry that Miles had a fluke season, but he's athletic and can shoot some. And both their contracts (assuming Speights does not opt out) expire in 2014. For the Cavs, they will need to start picking up wins if they want to interest LeBron in 2014.

It would feel wrong sending Pau to Mike Brown though. :x

Varajao
Pau
Gee or DRAFT
Waiters
Irving

That's a good enough squad to make the playoffs

:smh:

Next season gonna be all bad if they don't get better on the wings.

They gonna CTC for Dwight and be stuck with dude :smh: ...

I would ask some of you to wait for Dwight's second season before passing some judgment on him, but I doubt it's possible.

If we see a second one.

What's with the change of tone? You were so confident that Dwight will be back.

See DaddyRabbit's post, and that's exactly why. We don't deserve him. You don't think he reads that stuff (not from NT, but the countless trolls who post that nonsense to his twitter).

Also we are not building any confidence of building a winner by not changing direction at all.

He should leave. He should want to leave. Strictly based on the dumb fan reaction.

Only way he stays is if he wants to prove people wrong, and that's not something he needs to do.

If he leaves it will be the fans that pushed him away more than anything.

Now I think he will be back, and that's the presumption I will go off of. But it's not as clear cut as it was. And I don't think situation had very much to do with it.

Last edited:
I somewhat blame the idolatry Kobe stans have for the animosity that exists between Dwight and the Laker community. Everyone wants him to be like Kobe, but that's not fair to him or us.

Back to the discussion at hand. I do believe Dwight will come back despite the fact that people who want him to play better despite an extremely solid year all while seriously injured.

Keep: Nash, Kobe, Meeks, Clark, MWP, Howard, Hill

Those guys need to be back. Don't care about your MWP opinions, too many holes to fill to let him go, and he was probably our third best player the entire season.

I really do not care much for the 2014 babble anymore... Leave enough room for adding 1 max player in 2014 (Have about $13mil in contracts on top of Nash & Howard allows for another max deal). Then enough to have room for 1 max player, 1 $8mil player, and full MLE in 2015.

Last edited:
Back to the discussion at hand. I do believe Dwight will come back despite the fact that people who want him to play better despite an extremely solid year all while seriously injured.

Those guys need to be back. Don't care about your MWP opinions, too many holes to fill to let him go, and he was probably our third best player the entire season.

I really do not care much for the 2014 babble anymore... Leave enough room for adding 1 max player in 2014. Then enough to have room for 1 max player, 1 $8mil player, and full MLE in 2015.

I know you don't believe LBJ is likely to land with us, but who would you want to see us pursue in 2014 before 15?

I really do not care much for the 2014 babble anymore... Leave enough room for adding 1 max player in 2014. Then enough to have room for 1 max player, 1 $8mil player, and full MLE in 2015.

I know you don't believe LBJ is likely to land with us, but who would you want to see us pursue in 2014 before 15?

Honestly... There isn't someone on the 2014 free agency that I truly want..

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents

Most of the guys you would want to toss a max at Damian Lillard have team options, or are Restricted Free Agents.

Paul George restricted free agent though.. Or Luol Deng for less than max.

I'm really not intrigued by 2014 free agency..

Last edited:
We don't deserve Dwight ?

:smh:

Doesn't even sound right....this ain't Bill Russell were talking bout here is it ?

Hope my sarcasm meter is broken.

Dwight is the best center in this game. His down year was better than the best year most centers will have in their career. Coming back early from surgery and playing through pain was impressive and deserved far more recognition that it got. However you feel about his personality or his shiftiness concerning the future, he is the future at the five. Without him we'd find a way, but it is much, much more preferable to have the best center in the fold and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom