[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
*face palm*

please point where I said harden will be as good as Kobe.

I stated he could IMPROVE... maybe not as much as Kobe... but he can improve...

saying I don't know basketball because I don't agree? smh...

I bet y'all think Lebron has been second place behind Kobe for the last 4 years too, right?

y'all stay pulling words and tripping things up. the fact still remains...

1. Dwight Howard's new team is better than his old team.

2. healthy Dwight Howard carried no names to the finals because of defense and ability to control the paint...

3. harden will get better as a basketball player

4. anyone that thinks Jim buss isbad a GM isn't looking ahead. he gambled and loss. he's not bad. so much cap space coming soon...

When did I say that you said that Harden will be as good as kobe? I am just trying to make you stop the comparisons by telling you that Harden will never be even close. Dude will be lucky to reach Allen Iverson level.

You said they have similiar stats at age 23, implying that they are similar players at that age. You did not just say that Harden can improve. Even 34 year old Kobe was better than 23 year old Harden. Comparing them both at 23 is just dumb.

Some notes before I delve into my bit about today’s news:

-congrats to Deuce, L2B and all the others who saw Dwight leaving. I was so sure that he wouldn’t leave LA, that he’d want to stay even if he’d be uncomfortable with Kobe/the pressure to win in the beginning. I’m still somewhat stunned that he walked away from the premiere franchise in the NBA, but the more time passes the more..

*Cough *Cough

You forgot or deliberately left my name out when you were actually the only one attacking me for saying this a year ago. I expect a congratulations as well and an apology for saying I had an "agenda".

Besides that, stay classy. The Lakers will be better off in the long-run, Dwight's not winning a championship in Houston anyways

You know what's funny? When I wrote Deuce, I actually meant to write your name. Honest, I meant for you to be the first user to mention.

Coupe, you were right and I was wrong. But **** your apology, you're not getting one.

did u forget the last time kobe had to prove himself? we won 2 championships. dwight basically spit in kobes face saying "i dont need u." big bro is gona come back and prove everyone again why he is the legend that he is. witness the last chapter
pimp.gif

Honestly the FO can't do much. We don't have a lot to give out. I think we have a few mini MLEs And mid levels, but that's it. Good players are still out there, I kind if want to see if this Marrow thing is true or not. He would be a great addition to the team.

Jesus Christ.
The amount of unrealistic situations being thrown out.

You really think if Kobe plays were going to have a top 2 pick next year? You really think he's gonna tank games? Go 12-70?

We're gonna have a mediocre pick no matter what if Kobe's playing. He's gonna get us at least 30 wins, AT LEAST. That's not even close enough to a top 5 pick :lol:

Man I don't even know Half the people who've come out of the wood works to come cry and complain about so much in here.

Honestly wanna join Essential until this nonsense dies down.

Any room on that relaxation boat for 1 more E?

I honestly expect a good third of us here to not be posting in the season thread a year from now.

And wow at Jodeci Meeks. He's won my affection.

Last edited:
did u forget the last time kobe had to prove himself? we won 2 championships. dwight basically spit in kobes face saying "i dont need u." big bro is gona come back and prove everyone again why he is the legend that he is. witness the last chapter
pimp.gif
Realest scenario in this thread.

The Lakers are really in the worst spot.

An old team that can't win a championship stuck in mediocrity fighting for a 6-10 seed.
During the most loaded draft since 2003.
Seriously, in the NBA unless u can realistically win a ring or win the lottery you're wasting your season.
Being stuck in the 15-20 range spot of NBA teams is purgatory.

That's why we should just blow it all up. Amnesty Kobe, trade Pau+ Nash, work for being a title contender in 2016/2017.

Yooooooooooo....Give Jodie a lifetime contract

View media item 483268

my dude meeks

I knew he would contribute in some way some day. jamesbrowncrying.jpeg

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that we don't know when Kobe will return. If he misses even 2 months the team with Gasol, Nash, and scrubs will be worse than what we saw out there against the Spurs. It would be too big of a hole to climb out of.

An old team that can't win a championship stuck in mediocrity fighting for a 6-10 seed.
Seriously, in the NBA unless u can realistically win a ring or win the lottery you're wasting your season.

That's why we should just blow it all up. Amnesty Kobe, trade Pau+ Nash, work for being a title contender in 2016/2017.
:lol: wth is the point when everyone except Nash is off the books next year?

I'm a Laker fan and I want championships now 
roll.gif

People will post things in the season thread no matter what. The Lakers are the Lakers and it will always be like that. People will always have negative things to say, and if they don't get a reaction from the NBA thread, especially if its about us, then they will just come here to get responses. But don't count me out. I'll still be here no matter what, this is my team, through thick and thin I will be here to support them.

But seriously guys, can we get back on the topic and be reasonable here? Lets get back to the main focus and continue to see what we can do this offseason.

News already came out that the Lakers will not amnesty or trade Pau, but that was almost a given if DH moved and that was the case. Pretty sure the Lakers are looking at using the amnesty on MWP or Blake? I'm pretty sure if they had to use it MWP would be the odd man out.

People will post things in the season thread no matter what. The Lakers are the Lakers and it will always be like that. People will always have negative things to say, and if they don't get a reaction from the NBA thread, especially if its about us, then they will just come here to get responses. But don't count me out. I'll still be here no matter what, this is my team, through thick and thin I will be here to support them.

But seriously guys, can we get back on the topic and be reasonable here? Lets get back to the main focus and continue to see what we can do this offseason.

News already came out that the Lakers will not amnesty or trade Pau, but that was almost a given if DH moved and that was the case. Pretty sure the Lakers are looking at using the amnesty on MWP or Blake? I'm pretty sure if they had to use it MWP would be the odd man out.
MWP needs to go like nao. I honestly think the, majority wants him gone.

Is Asik any good? Word is he's not fond of playing behind Dwight and might want out. I know nothing about him so that's why I'm asking. Any starting center would be better than what we have now... :lol:

Last edited:
Here's my honest opinion on what we should do... Don't think it's realistic, but worth a shot

1. Do not use the amnesty at all.
2. Go after Darren Collison with the Mini-MLE.
3. Trade Steve Blake to the Suns to get Shannon Brown back (Here come the tomatoes)
4. Re-Sign Morris
5. Go after Kenyon Martin with a Veteran's minimum, but to start at PF. That may be much more enticing to him than anything.
6. Go after Lamar Odom to be our 6th man

Nash / Collison / Morris
Kobe / Meeks / Brown
MWP / Kobe / Odom
Martin / Odom / Hill / Kelly
Pau / Hill / Sacre

Is Asik any good? Word is he's not fond of playing behind Dwight and might want out. I know nothing about him so that's why I'm asking. Any starting center would be better than what we have now...
laugh.gif
He averaged 10 points, 11 rebounds, so I guess he's decent. Dont know if we can afford him though.

Who should the lakers target in the 2014 off-season market? Cause I really don't see Lebron coming to the lakers. I don't see anyone in that class that I would consider to be the next player to take over the "new laker era"

Here's my honest opinion on what we should do... Don't think it's realistic, but worth a shot

3. Trade Steve Blake to the Suns to get Shannon Brown back (Here come the tomatoes)
4. Re-Sign Morris
5. Go after Kenyon Martin with a Veteran's minimum, but to start at PF. That may be much more enticing to him than anything.

Nash / Collison / Morris
Kobe / Meeks / Brown
MWP / Kobe / Odom
Pau / Hill / Sacre
That'll be a decent squad. I'd bump Kelly up a bit though. Pau is gonna have to ball this season.

That'll be a decent squad. I'd bump Kelly up a bit though. Pau is gonna have to ball this season.

I agree, but I'm not really basing it on any real rotation.

Or the caveat.. To get at the tax line... Use the amnesty on MWP, and try to get Garcia for Minimum (I know he won't, but offer him the starting role as well)

Last edited:

4. Re-Sign Morris

Nash / Collison / Morris
Kobe / Meeks / Brown
MWP / Kobe / Odom
Pau / Hill / Sacre
I actually like next season's lineup. I think we're going to surprise a lot of people, esp if Kobe can come back reasonably healthy. I hope, anyway.

Having an effective Pau (which he could be at C) would negate somewhat the loss of Coward, esp sicne Pau this year was pretty much... not that effective.

Going to be fun watching the next chapter of Kobe's career

Asik has a ****** up contract just like Lin. They increase like crazy the third year. I wouldn't take them in a sign and trade, because they hurt your flexibility. if Atlanta does it, they're stupid. They did the contracts that way so New York and Chicago couldn't match them.

No Earl Clark means that Ron has to stay. Who else, Ebanks?

Kenyon Martin and Lamar would be a good pick ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom