OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Nah. OG pairs were always Black Toes, first retros were always CDPs, last retros got the HGG moniker from new kids who never owned either of the other pairs.
bruh they was HGG when I was in middle school in 98, maybe its just became more wide accepted, but they have been the HGG

Black toes dropped 1997.

Movie dropped May 1, 1998.

I thought it was 2-3 but it appears 4 OG colorways dropped prior to the movie.

If your middle school was calling them He Got Games then y'all were real early on the nickname as even Flints had dropped.

No shots. I didn't go to your school. I personally don't remember hearing HGG until the CDP, and then as a reference to "the ones Denzel
Got in HGG"

Jordans back then didn't even have nicknames like that except regional joints like the 8s were the bugs bunnys because of the straps, I didnt hear about "bred" until I got to college. The jordans were just referred as their colors or yo son.. you peeped the new jordans?

These are a release that I don't necessarily want to put out the cash for right now, but I know I'll regret a year from now if I don't.

The only nickname I ever had on a Jordan was the areospace 8. I was calling them that in 93, because of the poster I had. Everything else was based on their colors.

Just two more weeks. :nthat:

Michael-Jordan-13.jpg
My favorite colorway of the 13 by far.

Black toes dropped 1997.

Movie dropped May 1, 1998.

I thought it was 2-3 but it appears 4 OG colorways dropped prior to the movie.

If your middle school was calling them He Got Games then y'all were real early on the nickname as even Flints had dropped.

No shots. I didn't go to your school. I personally don't remember hearing HGG until the CDP, and then as a reference to "the ones Denzel
Got in HGG"
it wasn't about being early, in bmore anything that has a reference point is referred to by that reference, we called them the he got game game joints, and don't ever recall someone calling them black toes ever

it wasn't about being early, in bmore anything that has a reference point is referred to by that reference, we called them the he got game game joints, and don't ever recall someone calling them black toes ever

His point was there's no way you could've called them HGGs in middle school because the movie didn't come out until a full 6 months after the shoes. No (or next to no) way of receiving sneaker info online in 1998, and only six ish weeks left of school before summer break makes it an impossibility that the nickname would've stuck by the time the school year ended. By the time you'd have gone back to school in the fall of '98, Last Shot 14s would have already dropped, making any hype around the Black Toe 13s that dropped ~1 year earlier nil.

His point was there's no way you could've called them HGGs in middle school because the movie didn't come out until a full 6 months after the shoes. No (or next to no) way of receiving sneaker info online in 1998, and only six ish weeks left of school before summer break makes it an impossibility that the nickname would've stuck by the time the school year ended. By the time you'd have gone back to school in the fall of '98, Last Shot 14s would have already dropped, making any hype around the Black Toe 13s that dropped ~1 year earlier nil.
so according to you people stopped wearing those shoes once the movie came out and new shoes released? and I repeat nobody called them a nickname because of hype, up to that point no other shoe had been focused on in a movie like HGG, just because hype told you to call them something doesn't apply universally

so according to you people stopped wearing those shoes once the movie came out and new shoes released? and I repeat nobody called them a nickname because of hype, up to that point no other shoe had been focused on in a movie like HGG, just because hype told you to call them something doesn't apply universally

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole

But I digress. You called 'em He Got Game 13s before the movie.

I was still in school after the movie, don't tell me when I called them HGG, I told the dude that said they were remastered and labeled HGG, that we called them that in middle school...... but please tell me in chronological order about my past

To the nickname debate going on....

The original release of the Black Toes/HGG was November of 1997 and yes He Got Game released that following May. It's not that much of a stretch that those would could of been called that. Seeing how those were more than likely still be sold at the time the movie dropped. Hell, they were just released while they were filming. It's not that big of a stretch. It's an easy association.

To the nickname debate going on....

The original release of the Black Toes/HGG was November of 1997 and yes He Got Game released that following May. It's not that much of a stretch that those would could of been called that. Seeing how those were more than likely still be sold at the time the movie dropped. It's not that big of a stretch.
that's all I'm saying, they were the he got game joints, we weren't calling them black toes, that shoe had more distinction than any other shoe I remember from middle school

I apologize I'm having trouble creating a link.Seller larryyork2307 on eBay is currently selling these for 169.99.They don't ship until release day and these will probably drop to a lower price point like the majority of everything else this year.

I apologize I'm having trouble creating a link.Seller larryyork2307 on eBay is currently selling these for 169.99.They don't ship until release day and these will probably drop to a lower price point like the majority of everything else this year.
mustv raised the price or something cus a 9 runs for $220+

mustv raised the price or something cus a 9 runs for $220+
My bad gs sizes running for that price. I didn't check the larger sizes,I'm going to wait for a discount.It seems everything including coveted og's have fallen to the $140-$160 price range if you wait a week or possibly longer.

I just received the store newsletter and posted the info without checking the full price range.It wasn't listed in the header for some reason my apologies again.

One of my favorite colorways on my favorite Jordan model.

Flints #1 but these and HGG's are neck and neck imo.

Back
Top Bottom