OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Correct if I'm wrong, but it was varsity red on the 2013s right. These are true red and they look so close after looking at SteveSteve72s pics. That's the only reason it kept me from buying them was the listing of varsity red. On this shoe, like many others the correct red makes all the difference.

Well tried on my sz 10 and I'm just gonna keep them. Wasn't 100% satisfied but I don't have the time to go to Niketown especially going to catch Rafa and Roger practice @ the US Open. They looked bigger than an '05 sz 10 but due to the different shape in the front, they're tighter. Probably feel better after I break them in. Def have to cop some laces for these. The stock ones are garbage. They're thinner and just don't feel like they should. Pretty short too.

Last edited:
Never knew this...
I for sure like the 3m better no doubt. It matches the OG and 04 release almost perfectly. But the 2013 with no 3m matches what MJ wore in 98. The shade of red is the only thing that may be different. That's huge to me. No diff to infrared 6s to varsity red 6s. Have em both but damn that infrared from 1991 needs to come back. The 5,6, and 13 are the most historic releases that had the 3m in it. But Jordan did not have it in his pairs on the court.

IMG_0091.JPG

Probably posted a million times but this my favorite picture of him in the 13s

I for sure like the 3m better no doubt. It matches the OG and 04 release almost perfectly. But the 2013 with no 3m matches what MJ wore in 98. The shade of red is the only thing that may be different. That's huge to me. No diff to infrared 6s to varsity red 6s. Have em both but damn that infrared from 1991 needs to come back. The 5,6, and 13 are the most historic releases that had the 3m in it. But Jordan did not have it in his pairs on the court.
Is there a reason why the MJ PE didn't have 3M though? I would have thought all the on court shoes Jordan worn for the most part matched the retail releases during his playing career.

Is there a reason why the MJ PE didn't have 3M though? I would have thought all the on court shoes Jordan worn for the most part matched the retail releases during his playing career.

I only know of one other PE that he wore that released differently was the Black Metallic 5s

I think it had something to do with arena lighting and possibly being distracting on court

Back
Top Bottom