OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

laugh.gif

Will have to hold these in hand and feel the leather and push on the midsole(to see if they will crack easily) to see if they're worth me dropping $220+ on these. I've got my 2001s I just restored, but don't want to beat them too much.

Will have to hold these in hand and feel the leather and push on the midsole(to see if they will crack easily) to see if they're worth me dropping $220+ on these. I've got my 2001s I just restored, but don't want to beat them too much.
Well worth the $220 price point, you won't be disappointed. Leather is plush, overall quality is superb. Elephant print is a lighter shade of grey, much like the OG's. The remastered initiative is no joke.

Last edited:
^^ That's the only part I don't like about these 2016 versions. EP is too high on the back of the shoes, which is nothing like the originals from '88.

Check it though, notice how the EP on the left shoe of these OG's from '88 is slightly higher than the one on the right.

video_image-107784.jpg

Below is the 2016 remaster for comparison purposes

Air-Jordan-3-12.png

Last edited:
It's b/c the whole back tab is lower; it doesn't extend to the top of the shoe like the newer 3s do.  As everyone knows, the overall shape is simply diff.  It's a great shoe nonetheless.  I'm only passing b/c I have too many shoes to wear, and simply need to stop the madness ;-).  I'm holding out for my personal super desired models like BC3, BC4, Military 4, Fire Red 4, and any retro+ that looks awesome (in the 3s and 4s likely).  If you like this model and colorway, this shoe is a must have, and should be easy to cop!

It's b/c the whole back tab is lower; it doesn't extend to the top of the shoe like the newer 3s do.  As everyone knows, the overall shape is simply diff.  It's a great shoe nonetheless.  I'm only passing b/c I have too many shoes to wear, and simply need to stop the madness ;-).  I'm holding out for my personal super desired models like BC3, BC4, Military 4, Fire Red 4, and any retro+ that looks awesome (in the 3s and 4s likely).  If you like this model and colorway, this shoe is a must have, and should be easy to cop!
Great point. 

Nike QC was just as inconsistent in '88 as it is now. Check out the difference in height of the back tab between the two pairs. But I agree with you, for those who like this colorway or for the purists out there, this is a must have. Definitely two pairs for me.

hqdefault.jpg

Nike-Air-Jordan-3-True-Blue-2016-Retro.jpg

Good catch!  People evangelize the OGs, however, technique and QC is probably better now than then ;-).  Look at OG 4s for example; the tongue was all jagged; a real mess.  No one would accept that these days.  They did change sewing processes, and it's not all about cutting corners to save money....

The remastered program is FAR from perfect, and we can debate the price gauging, however, I'm happy they're making these awesome shoes in good numbers so we can choose whether or not to purchase, and not be shut out due to limited quantities.  Can't wait for BC3&4 JB!!!!!!!!  In the meantime, this shoe is damn clean.

Good catch!  People evangelize the OGs, however, technique and QC is probably better now than then ;-).  Look at OG 4s for example; the tongue was all jagged; a real mess.  No one would accept that these days.  They did change sewing processes, and it's not all about cutting corners to save money....

The remastered program is FAR from perfect, and we can debate the price gauging, however, I'm happy they're making these awesome shoes in good numbers so we can choose whether or not to purchase, and not be shut out due to limited quantities.  Can't wait for BC3&4 JB!!!!!!!!  In the meantime, this shoe is damn clean.
Completely agree with you. Manufacturing processes and overall QC has without a doubt advanced since the 80s but is far from perfect. 

Back in '89, my parents bought me a pair of Bred 4s and Fire Red 4s for getting straight A's in school lol and I used them on the court for hoops (Slam N Jam/NJB). Of course back then, it was never about the details, the jagged top part of the tongue on 4s, the stitching, glue stains, new shoe smell, speckle density, etc...the only thing we wanted was to be like Mike and break necks at the same time.

But yeah, looking back today's generation of sneakerheads would definitely be against the jagged tongue but at the end of the day we can't help but be grateful Jordan Brand is making every effort to ensure everyone can own a piece of history as well as pick and choose which pairs they want to add to their collection.

Last edited:
Just left from getting tickets at foot locker and they were saying the list for these and "top 3" 1s arent very long because most ppl probably think raffles will be next week smh

Just left from getting tickets at foot locker and they were saying the list for these and "top 3" 1s arent very long because most ppl probably think raffles will be next week smh

Wow so raffles started this week?!

Everybody will eat. Decided to check inventory just out of curiosity. I'm seeing 1 store getting 55 pairs of just 1 size alone.

Footlocker in the mall near me (NJ) is getting (30) pairs of True Blues. The FA in the same mall is getting 70 pairs. Looks like it's going to be
harder than I thought with this lottery

Good God, I feel bad for you. I hope for your sake that they are lying. I have three three Foot Lockers within a 25 mile radius each getting over 250 pairs per shop. And the two non-HOH Foot Lockers are getting well over 100 pairs each.

Back
Top Bottom