OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Just looked at my '01s to really gauge how much of a difference there is between them and the 2016s.

I don't think the elephant print around the toe is higher.
If you compare them you'll notice that the sole around the toe on the '16 seems to be stitched lower which would allow more elephant print which is what Nike thinks we want.

The blue is 99% identical. The red on the tongue is a non-issue.
The price on the other hand should be $199. A $20 increase over the black and cements is unnecessary.

So my local Nike outlet accidentally got 15 boxes shipped to them that was meant to go to d i c s. Manager let me see a pair. The blue isn't as dark as some have said, I think I read the blue looks Navy blue. EP was decent. This is obviously a big general release so everyone who wants should be satisfied!

Last edited:
A friend got these early and said the leather is bad on them, not soft at all. Anyone else chime in?

Also, the red tongue is really throwing me off on these.

A friend got these early and said the leather is bad on them, not soft at all. Anyone else chime in?

I agree the leather sucks on these, held them the other day. Definitely not worth a 220 price tag, the cyber Monday 3's blow these away

Cyber Monday III's are the exceptions, I don't remember any III's being soft since 94. I can't speak on the OG's.

It's not the best leather quality like we've seen on some of this year's 1s or even the WC 4s...not as soft as the CM 3s either. The upper is a combo of leather and synthetic leather. Overall, it's not soft but not super stiff either. 

If you're looking to cop for nostalgic purposes simply because of Nike Air, you may think it's worth the $220 price tag. If you're expecting superior leather quality, you're going to be disappointed.

As an older head born in the 70's who didn't own the '88 TB 3s, I didn't even think twice to cop these.

On a side note, I had the '01 Black Cement 3s with NA and the leather on those are way softer than these by a landslide.

Last edited:
A million pairs right? Seems obvious why the quality is bad, assuming all these reviews are correct. Nike went with #s over quality and details. 

Last edited:
today was a good day. ended up calling the same mall stores i called previously, and due to tremendously low turnout for the premature raffles, theyre going to open them back up starting tomorrow and running through tuesday. best news i could hope for after a trying *** week lol

Back
Top Bottom