OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

2011 True Blue 3 quality was trash. Just the midsole paint cracking alone.
I thought the quality was fine. It was years before my pair started flaking and even then it isn't bad like the first Fire Red III retro.

Iffy on these. Don't want to drop $200+ just because of the royal shade of blue and Nike Air.

I'm very serious and from what someone already posted, these are very comfortable on foot. Some of you just love to complain about frivolous things.
You'll understand when you're older and wiser someday. Feel free to take the word of ONE poster who said they were comfortable while countless of "guys who obsess over the feel of leather" try to educate you otherwise. I understand that you've probably never owned a pair of Jordans pre 2005 so you wouldn't know what we're talking about.

Ultimately shoes are frivolous things and you should buy whatever you like, but don't be salty that there's guys that demand and expect better products for the sneaker community.
Not one time have I ever felt that a shoe was uncomfortable because of the softness or stiffness of the leather. The tech and padding is usually what dictates the level of comfort.

So true on so many levels. Stiffness vis-a-vis softness of leather uppers on J's can only be fully realized ON THE COURT. When you have stiff leather/lack of padding on the ankle collar and you tryin to make lateral cuts, you can EASILY feel the difference as opposed to soft leather and/or thicker padding. Tech also plays a huge part on performance on the basketball court, obviously.

When you only rock J's for casual wear, the only thing that matters when it comes to comfort are the tech and the soles. 

2011 True Blue 3 quality was trash. Just the midsole paint cracking alone.
I thought the quality was fine. It was years before my pair started flaking and even then it isn't bad like the first Fire Red III retro.

Iffy on these. Don't want to drop $200+ just because of the royal shade of blue and Nike Air.
I will say it's definitely not a royal blue shade. It's legit true blue just like the past versions.

saw tht last night..it was dope how he showed him back in 88 with the 3s..had no idea he was a true og head. He stay spitting knowledge on all models...one of my fav reviewers 4 sure

Street Gear owner is as real as it gets. No gimmicks, no fronts, keep it simple, and most importantly no need to try hard with corny antics like Mr. Foamer the clown.

Was able to move some stock that I wasn't wearing so I'm likely in for these. These and Royal Foams and I'm calling it a wrap for 2016.

Local Sports Zone store in the DMV area which didn't get RSBBs, Black Toe 1s and usually only gets 1 maybe 2 FSRs of select Jordan retros received 30+ pairs of TB 3s. 

These will be super easy to get.

Will we b able to use military disco or vip rewards on these!!? On the fence but would cop for under retail... just so much comin out at once gotta choose wisely...

What's the chances of Nike+ app reserving you a pair? They reserved me a pair of the Royal blue 12s and SF AF1's but wasn't interested in those

Will we b able to use military disco or vip rewards on these!!? On the fence but would cop for under retail... just so much comin out at once gotta choose wisely...

From what I am being told, Military is a go! Again that could change, but as of right now, the system doesn't have the labelled as a "QS".

What's the chances of Nike+ app reserving you a pair? They reserved me a pair of the Royal blue 12s and SF AF1's but wasn't interested in those

I wouldn't doubt a large number of people getting the Nike+ reservation nod. We'll know by Wed, that is when the reservations normally get sent out.

I do watch scoop some times, but def think he got u-a/and/or-fakes in his collects..

Plus hes careless af with that razor , i know some of his sneaks got slices thru em, the way he has it in hand thruout his entire vid. [emoji]128565[/emoji]

Last edited:
I signed up through the champs app and received a 5 min headstart.This is the first time I'm using the app reservation as it just became available in my area.Whats the difference between a 5 min headstart and a reservation?

I signed up through the champs app and received a 5 min headstart.This is the first time I'm using the app reservation as it just became available in my area.Whats the difference between a 5 min headstart and a reservation?

It depends on your status. If you are platinum member, you get that initial 5mins, and you can get an additional 60sec but checking in at the store. A normal reservation/not platinum member only gets 3mins. This come into play for the more limited shoes. That 6mins heads up can be kind of crucial.

So let me get this straight, excuse me cause my local FTLs have recently stopped doing the raffles and now just recently are going through the app, but once you add the shoe you want through the "countdown" you have to actually go to the store to "check in" ? Or is that just to better your chances and isn't necessary?

So let me get this straight, excuse me cause my local FTLs have recently stopped doing the raffles and now just recently are going through the app, but once you add the shoe you want through the "countdown" you have to actually go to the store to "check in" ? Or is that just to better your chances and isn't necessary?
you go to the store to pickup ur pair if ur selected they will let u know if you won wen the countdown timer hits zero!!! Then u accept or decline that your pickin up the shoe at the location they send u to...

You go to check-in for the additional 60sec. It's optional, you do not have to, you are good to go as is.

Depending on your location, 4-5 mins might be straight for these.

Pretty much. You have a lot of people who are going to come out of the woodwork for these and the AJ11 Space James, so them not being a platinum member and not having that 6mins is a good look for some of us.

Pretty much. You have a lot of people who are going to come out of the woodwork for these and the AJ11 Space James, so them not being a platinum member and not having that 6mins is a good look for some of us.

I agree. I have a feeling there will be a lot of unclaimed/un-raffled pairs as well.

Back
Top Bottom