OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I agree. I have a feeling there will be a lot of unclaimed/un-raffled pairs as well.

I think that will true for areas without the app, but those with the app will clean up the unclaimed pair issues. You will pretty much know at the same time your Foot Locker / Champ reservation result, so you can just reject the additional pairs.

you go to the store to pickup ur pair if ur selected they will let u know if you won wen the countdown timer hits zero!!! Then u accept or decline that your pickin up the shoe at the location they send u to...

You go to check-in for the additional 60sec. It's optional, you do not have to, you are good to go as is.

Thanks fellas.

Hopefully I get through on either SNKRS or Nike +. If FTL selects me then that's even better. Been waiting for this shoe.

So true on so many levels. Stiffness vis-a-vis softness of leather uppers on J's can only be fully realized ON THE COURT. When you have stiff leather/lack of padding on the ankle collar and you tryin to make lateral cuts, you can EASILY feel the difference as opposed to soft leather and/or thicker padding. Tech also plays a huge part on performance on the basketball court, obviously.

When you only rock J's for casual wear, the only thing that matters when it comes to comfort are the tech and the soles. 

How is then that you can ask everyone who has owned and worn a AJ4 white/cement from 2012 and a pair from 2016, which have the exact same tech(midsole especially) and they will tell you the huge difference in casual wear comfort?

Another good example would be the Air Trainer II SC OG QS from 2011 vs all the GR releases of that same shoe. The QS versions had "softer" leather vs the GRs that had a very stiff material. The rest of the tech on the shoe was exactly the same. Ask anyone who has owned both and they'll undoubtedly tell you the difference in comfort in casual wear.

That's like saying if you put synthetic leather on a pair of Adidas Boost instead of the prime knit there would be no difference in comfort. Of course the uppers matter. Your foot is still flexing regardless if you're doing something strenuous vs just casually walkiin.

Last edited:
How is then that you can ask everyone who has owned and worn a AJ4 white/cement from 2012 and a pair from 2016, which have the exact same tech(midsole especially) and they will tell you the huge difference in casual wear comfort?

Another good example would be the Air Trainer II SC OG QS from 2011 vs all the GR releases of that same shoe. The QS versions had "softer" leather vs the GRs that had a very stiff material. The rest of the tech on the shoe was exactly the same. Ask anyone who has owned both and they'll undoubtedly tell you the difference in comfort in casual wear.

That's like saying if you put synthetic leather on a pair of Adidas Boost instead of the prime knit there would be no difference in comfort. Of course the uppers matter. Your foot is still flexing regardless if you're doing something strenuous vs just casually walkiin.

Not a true statement. The rubber compound was different, and the insoles were different. Those two things play a big role in comfort.

The trainer sc 2 infra and citron 2011 were given special treatment because they were Ogs

These like the 2016 wc 4 should have improved slightly softer leather if they should have been remastered @$220+tax and since theyre Og

Not a true statement. The rubber compound was different, and the insoles were different. Those two things play a big role in comfort.
No doubt those two things effected the comfort, but I still stand by my statement that the uppers matter in terms of comfort. Probably more so in casual wear vs "on court" wear as Whiplash said.

So true on so many levels. Stiffness vis-a-vis softness of leather uppers on J's can only be fully realized ON THE COURT. When you have stiff leather/lack of padding on the ankle collar and you tryin to make lateral cuts, you can EASILY feel the difference as opposed to soft leather and/or thicker padding. Tech also plays a huge part on performance on the basketball court, obviously.

When you only rock J's for casual wear, the only thing that matters when it comes to comfort are the tech and the soles. 

First of all, comparing synthetic leather versus anything knitted (flyknit, primeknit) is like comparing apples to oranges so you can't use that as an example.

Real leather vs synthetic leather is what you need to be comparing.

Again, you can't compare casual walking versus on-court hooping. When you are casually walking, you aren't making lateral cuts and you definitely aren't going through the same movements and putting your shoes to the test like you do when you're on the basketball court. Therefore, you will BARELY feel the difference between synthetic leather versus full grain leather when you are simply walking. 

Lastly, the insoles on the WC 4 from 2012 are different from the insoles used in the 2016 version. This alone is a huge difference in comfort on the basketball court. I own both and have used both on the court and the difference is HUGE compared to using both pairs on casual walks. Hence my point - the true differences are fully realized when you test both pairs on the court as opposed to just walking in a straight line on the sidewalk.

I'll be in Albuquerque when these drop. Checked the app and they're doing raffle out there. I was hoping they would be doing app and I could try and reserve a pair.

Hopefully they'll have leftover pairs later in the day, in case I miss out on SNKRS.

Curious, not trying to be funny. How do you know the compound is different?

It came out when they did the remastered rollout. It's one of the reasons why you haven't see much if any cracking at all in the newer 4s. That along with the new painting methods. My 2016 WC4s are hella comfortable. While my 2013 black/cement 4s are damn near unwearable. The proof is in the pudding. Pull out the insoles and compare. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

How does the leather compare to the infrared 23s and the wolf greys?... Which aren't much diff from the '13 fire red.

It came out when they did the remastered rollout. It's one of the reasons why you haven't see much if any cracking at all in the newer 4s. That along with the new painting methods. My 2016 WC4s are hella comfortable. While my 2013 black/cement 4s are damn near unwearable. The proof is in the pudding. Pull out the insoles and compare. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I have a bad habit of buying and putting them on the shelf. I have both pairs but haven't looked at them since I bought.

Rotation of Huaraches, UB, Mowabb, and a few Js leaves plenty I'll never get to...UGH

Ftl app acting up again. I think it's getting confused with all my countdown reservations. I saved 3 stores but it's only listing 1. Every time I save the same 3 stores, it still lists 1. The other reservations I have only have the 1 store that keeps coming up.

Ftl app acting up again. I think it's getting confused with all my countdown reservations. I saved 3 stores but it's only listing 1. Every time I save the same 3 stores, it still lists 1. The other reservations I have only have the 1 store that keeps coming up.

This is happening to me too. On footlocker app champs app and foot action. Doing same for the Yeezys I'm trying for and the foams...

Best time to use this release smart with ur apps they are going to make so many u might hit with 5 min

I'm 6 at FTL and FA

Will use this to hopefully win at champs and be 6 min VIP everywhere

Aka if u win with a 5 min at one place and 6 min at another.

Decline the spot with 6 min

and take the 5 min spot so u can work on that for the future

Last edited:
Mark it down, 10 AM EST/9 AM CST  for the Foot Locker, Champs, and Foot Action app reservations.

Get ready, fellas

Last edited:
I do watch scoop some times, but def think he got u-a/and/or-fakes in his collects..

Plus hes careless af with that razor , i know some of his sneaks got slices thru em, the way he has it in hand thruout his entire vid. [emoji]128565[/emoji]
Ctfu! I was thinking the same thing about him wit dat damn razor!!

Last edited:
saw tht last night..it was dope how he showed him back in 88 with the 3s..had no idea he was a true og head. He stay spitting knowledge on all models...one of my fav reviewers 4 sure
They need to bring back that flight suit he had on that jawn was dope af!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom