OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

Its only dumb because you'll eat anything JB feeds you. Of course the shoe sold out. They could release pink and green 11s and they'd sell out instantly. Gotta run out and grab those watermelon joints, right?

You contradicted yourself twice in this thread already. First you said that it's like buying track shoes if you can't run. Then you said the quote above soon after...."it's just buying shoes and that people need to get over themselves." Now you're flip flopping again saying that buying athletic footwear and not being athletic is a bit of a joke to you. 

LOLOL....so which is it guy? Oh and lol at you calling retro Jordans athletic footwear. Joints are casual sneakers. Sure you can ball in them, but you can also ball equally good in a pair of skechers. 
What are you even talking about? You're right, the gammas sold out but are still a flop.... :smh:
I don't even buy Jordan's anymore lol, so that's a swing and a miss.

So what if I think non athletic people buying basketball shoes is funny and kind of an oxymoron? Let's face it, they aren't doing it for the performance, it's to finally have something to make them socially acceptable or "cool".

And when did I saw Jordan's were the best ball shoes? We were talking about dudes buying the new Kobe's just to rock with skinny jeans.....

How am I flip flopping? How the hell is a Jordan sellout still a flop? Because you personally dont like them they are a flop? LOL just stop.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
people mad they see a dude with a gut rockin' some PEs or some crazy heat.

laugh.gif

Funny part? The dudes with the most heat tend to be the ones who haven't seen the inside of a gym, ever....(Mayor, Franalations, Clark Kent, Fat Joe, Greg Street, Chi McBride to name a few).

Face it, sneaker enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes. Ya'll sound silly AF right now.

What ya'll ball out in Bin IXs and Tokyo Vs? Word? We don't believe ya'll.
roll.gif

Ya'll go for a run in Kid Robot AM 1s too?

FOH.
Retro Jordans/Air Max arent meant to be balled in imo. 

What are you even talking about? You're right, the gammas sold out but are still a flop....
mean.gif

I don't even buy Jordan's anymore lol, so that's a swing and a miss.

So what if I think non athletic people buying basketball shoes is funny and kind of an oxymoron? Let's face it, they aren't doing it for the performance, it's to finally have something to make them socially acceptable or "cool".

And when did I saw Jordan's were the best ball shoes? We were talking about dudes buying the new Kobe's just to rock with skinny jeans.....

How am I flip flopping? How the hell is a Jordan sellout still a flop? Because you personally dont like them they are a flop? LOL just stop.
Because they aren't holding value and won't hold value compared to past holiday releases. Simple enough for you? 

And yes...you're flip flopping, everyone saw it. You changed stances 3 times now including this quoted post. one person even quoted your contradicing posts. I think it was keko.

Oh so you mean fat dudes rockin' Lunar Flyknit HTMs to the grocery sto'?

I mean I guess that's worth being salty about.
eyes.gif
No ones running in HTMs...cause they're HTMs.

I'm talking about GR releases.

No ones salty, we just have opinions.

Retro Jordans/Air Max arent meant to be balled in imo. 
I thought everyone knew this, I was wrong ....

I wonder wtf am I suppose to wear if I can't wear sneakers?

I mean all sneakers are meant to be for some type of activity whether it be running, CT, BB, etc ....

SMH!

If the majority call an album classic and it only sold 3,000 copies first, it's a flop.

If the majority call an album trash and it sold 100,000 first week, it's not a flop.

No ones running in HTMs...cause they're HTMs.

I'm talking about GR releases.

No ones salty, we just have opinions.

but I mean I honestly can't knock someone who is wearing some free runs for comfort sake.

I mean how silly would it be to knock someone for rockin' aviators because they're not pilots?

or constructs but an individual isn't a construction worker?

As long as gelatinous folk don't start rockin' pro combat to buffets how can we eem be mad?

:lol: some of ya'll just uncomfortable with fat folks.

If the majority call an album classic and it only sold 3,000 copies first, it's a flop.

If the majority call an album trash and it sold 100,000 first week, it's not a flop.
I'm not understanding your point, but lets be honest ...

There's no way any of these holiday releases where going to sit, no matter how ugly the sneaker is ..... to try and say they soldout = great = smh! 

Because they aren't holding value and won't hold value compared to past holiday releases. Simple enough for you? 

And yes...you're flip flopping, everyone saw it. You changed stances 3 times now including this quoted post. one person even quoted your contradicing posts. I think it was keko.
Hold value??? LOL mmmmmk. You win, flop it is

There's no way any of these holiday releases where going to sit, no matter how ugly the sneaker is ..... to try and say they soldout = great = smh! 
i think he's trying to say

for people who buy shoes

sellout =/= great/classic

for nike

sellout = not a flop

I'm agreeing with the point that the shoes weren't a flop, regardless if they're ugly or not.

They sold out everywhere, which is a huge success for Nike, making them not a flop.

A lot of truth to this.

JB hype is ridiculous right now. ONe of the reasons I said we'd never see columbias. But actually, we will....when they hype starts to die down. When will that be? I bet they give us Space Jams again next year instead of Columbias. It will have been 4 years, and we already know that's long enough as is the case with Bred 1s (banned came out in 2009)

Maybe you are right

And, you know what - I couldn't care less if they did or didn't.

I didn't buy the SJs, didn't buy the playoffs, didn't buy the Cool Greys or Concords, and I didn't buy the Gammas.

That's the thing about most TRUE OGs - we don't care that much anymore. None of these garbage 11s are worth retail - forget about the colorway, the shape and materials make them all un-rockable.

And, the reason why we have the luxury of not caring is because we did this all years ago, and don't need anything we don't deem worth it anyway. JB can never drop another 11 again - I wouldn't care. Real "OGs" been straight on all this...

View media item 715071
View media item 715072
View media item 715074
View media item 715075

Bruhs,

JB could make an all pink XI high and release it in December and it'll be a success.

The gamma XIs are an absolutely mediocre CW but it's December and people need their "Gamma Spacejams" :lol:.....

You can't honestly sit here and use sales as justification for what is and isn't a flop in today's market. You just can't. I mean for ***** sake do you guys see the foamposites that sell out nowadays?

Last edited:
Bruhs,

JB could make an all pink XI high and release it in December and it'll be a success.

The gamma XIs are an absolutely mediocre CW but it's December and people need their "Gamma Spacejams" :lol:.....

You can't honestly sit here and use sales as justification for what is and isn't a flop in today's market. You just can't. I mean for ***** sake do you guys see the foamposites that sell out nowadays?

Again, that's YOUR opinion. Obviously enough people didn't think the colorway was mediocre for them to sell out instantly.

to flop means to fail

if nike puts out garbage and it sells out then by definition, it has not flopped 

A "flop" has nothing to do with quality - it's all about success at the register and in propelling the brand. The Gammas will not go down as a classic, but they did their job just fine.

In 1994, the AJ 1, 2, and 3 first gen retros FLOPPED - they were available on shelves (and tucked away in mom and pop basements) 18 months after release, priced at 29.99 - 49.99. ...That's not a referendum on their status as a shoe. They are classics - they had proper shapes and good materials. But, they DAMN sure flopped as releases. ...And, I'm glad as hell that they did.

Last edited:
Bruhs,

The gamma XIs are an absolutely mediocre CW but it's December and people need their "Gamma Spacejams"
laugh.gif

I wrote almost the exact thign and I just deleted it ..... I'm not about to engage in a conversation with someone that is using sales to say the sneakers were great.  LMAO

It's the new generation and I think that's the main thing about this thread. OG vs New School ... While new school might think the 11's are straight fire many OG's think otherwise ....

Just like the FOAMS ... IMHO the colorways are straight disrespectful to the sneakers, but youngies are eating them up .....

You can't argue with dudes that like to wear jeans so low as to show their butts, with dudes that wear boxers/shorts/bb shorts/sweats and then jeans, dudes that like skinny jeans, so damn tight they're looking better than woman (Pun intended). It is the new GENERATION. 

Accept it!

Last edited:
Again, that's YOUR opinion. Obviously enough people didn't think the colorway was mediocre for them to sell out instantly.

Bruh EVERYTHING sells out nowadays it's just the nature of the culture right now. Again do you see the foambz that sell out instantaneously nowadays? And again I'm saying that if they were a blatantly terrible CW they would've still sold out. ANY XI high will sell out instantaneously. ANY. You can have a doodoo brown with corn specks XI and people will cop.

Ya'll MUST be trollin' right now. :lol: Good stuff guys, very funny. Jokes on us.

Last edited:

Bruh EVERYTHING sells out nowadays it's just the nature of the culture right now. Again do you see the foambz that sell out instantaneously nowadays?

Ya'll MUST be trollin' right now.
laugh.gif
Good stuff guys, very funny. Jokes on us.
so if everything sells out then nike is very successful in the products that they are putting out

Bruh EVERYTHING sells out nowadays it's just the nature of the culture right now. Again do you see the foambz that sell out instantaneously nowadays?

Ya'll MUST be trollin' right now.
laugh.gif
Good stuff guys, very funny. Jokes on us.
False

Weatherman + thermal foams are still available

Dude ....

You aren't serious with this BS ....

Ratio from sneakers made to demand is outrageous - no matter what NIKE put out  as long as is RETRO and it's holiday = sale instantly.

Like I said, if you got a pair congrats - I'm not knocking your game.

Look at Melo and his attire - many people here would call him a cornball - but he is doing him and that's what ultimately matter.

Back
Top Bottom