OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

There you go referencing numbers ....

SMH ....

You are sounding more like a Hypebeast than a fan/admirer of a particular shoe.
But you did the same thing. You said a bunch of people said they were trash, well a bunch of people don't. Your point is null and void

Once again....if the gammas were worn in game 4 of the 95 playoffs by MJ and released the same date as the OG SJ the sentiment would be much different. Its strange how nostalgia can ruin common sense.IMO the Gammas are nice.. The problem is a lot older dudes(ive seen Jordan play so many times and have been giving Nike my money for years so i can speak to this) are overly emotional as if someone is tampering with their younger selves ..The issue with the new heads is the lack of understand regarding the themes,colors,quality,direction of the design and its focus on greatness on AND off the court of the shoes in question. Throw in the bots,weirdos with corny instagrams, these tard twitter "sneakerheads", early links resellers and overall greed and hey youve got yourself a problem that will be bad for a while. Meanwhile the older cats like this......................

ion like that ish..lol

wth are you talking about bruh? Jordan rocked the XIs in 96, in 95 the Bulls got eliminated by the Magic.

:stoneface:

Once again....if the gammas were worn in game 4 of the 95 playoffs by MJ and released the same date as the OG SJ the sentiment would be much different. Its strange how nostalgia can ruin common sense.IMO the Gammas are nice.. The problem is a lot older dudes(ive seen Jordan play so many times and have been giving Nike my money for years so i can speak to this) are overly emotional as if someone is tampering with their younger selves ..The issue with the new heads is the lack of understand regarding the themes,colors,quality,direction of the design and its focus on greatness on AND off the court of the shoes in question. Throw in the bots,weirdos with corny instagrams, these tard twitter "sneakerheads", early links resellers and overall greed and hey youve got yourself a problem that will be bad for a while. Meanwhile the older cats like this......................

ion like that ish..lol
Bruh on a serious note ... 

I have said many times that I'm glad MJ went to the bulls .... 

Imagen dude went to the nuggets/knicks/bucks ...

I woudln't be ******g with MJ like that .. those colors are pure disgusting ......

ion like that ish..lol
Bruh on a serious note ... 

I have said many times that I'm glad MJ went to the bulls .... 

Imagen dude went to the nuggets/knicks/bucks ...

I woudln't be ******g with MJ like that .. those colors are pure disgusting ......
if jordan was a laker i would own a lot more jordans than i do today 
pimp.gif

i dont even remember what 90s bucks colors were 
laugh.gif

wth are you talking about bruh? Jordan rocked the XIs in 96, in 95 the Bulls got eliminated by the Magic.

:stoneface:

I was making a point about the first time the design known as the sj was worn,,it was altered too...due deligence with me "bruh"

Date: May 14, 1995
For Game 1 & 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals, Michael Jordan turned heads and broke necks breaking out the “Concord” Air Jordan 11. ?Repeating history, these shoes were swiftly banned because of a uniform violation since the rest of the Bulls were wearing blacked out sneakers. Game 3 MJ took on Penny wearing his shoe, the Nike Air Flight 1, but for Game 4 in front of the home crowd, Jordan broke out a shoe that would be later referred to as the “Space Jams..via..NK :evil:

nah I'll be the first to tell you that me liking the peapods is an anomaly and they're not generally perceived as a good looking VIII. So......
But get this....... The people who bought them...... DID like them....... And they sold... Crazy huh?

No matter what the reason they liked them for, is up to them. Y'all are talking like people just stick their hand in blindfolded and pay.

I don't like any Jordan that's not an OG colorway, but that's just me. Others will have different likes and dislikes. Is this all new to y'all? I guess so. This conversation has run it's course.....

Last edited:
But get this....... The people who bought them...... DID like them....... And they sold... Crazy huh?

No matter what the reason they liked them for, is up to them. Y'all are talking like people just stick their hand in blindfolded and pay.

I don't like any Jordan that's not an OG colorway, but that's just me. Others will have different likes and dislikes. Is this all new to y'all? I guess so. This conversation has run it's course.....

I get where you are....

Do you all realized how many people just couldn't get with Js outside of the kids who were hip? It was subjective then(in the 90s) and is now..
In DC they banned them in most schools cause the dboys were rockin those and NewBalances 996's(my grails,,lmaoo)
Most of my homeboys mom wouldnt allow then to wear it and others thought they were ugly..

Me.. i was sold after seeing Mike murder everybody on the court.

And nobody is arguing that ......

the argument is that as long as a Jordan is called RETRO - the colorway is out the window because people will buy the sneakers.

yes some will like them, but more often than not the majority is purchasing the sneakers to be with the "in-crowd".

the other argument is that if any of this sneakers were GR not all of them will sell out and many more would end up in sales rack. Sneakers that would sell out on GR would be most often that not OG colorways not this variant colors. 

However, now a days variant colors is what's hot on the streets so who knows. 

Furthermore, this is a thread about OG vs New School .... so you will see a split down the middle - that's where you start seeing OG's vs New School ......

I just think you want to troll so you continue with, but they sold .... we get it!

P.S. This is as bad as me stating my personal opinion about the 11's and dudes get jelly and ask me if I'm mad I couldn't get a pair. LMAO 

Last edited:
And nobody is arguing that ......

the argument is that as long as a Jordan is called RETRO - the colorway is out the window because people will buy the sneakers.

yes some will like them, but more often than not the majority is purchasing the sneakers to be with the "in-crowd".

the other argument is that if any of this sneakers were GR not all of them will sell out and many more would end up in sales rack. Sneakers that would sell out on GR would be most often that not OG colorways not this variant colors. 

However, now a days variant colors is what's hot on the streets so who knows. 

Furthermore, this is a thread about OG vs New School .... so you will see a split down the middle - that's where you start seeing OG's vs New School ......

I just think you want to troll so you continue with, but they sold .... we get it!
I'm trolling because I have a different idea than you? Sounds legit. "Varient colorway", well if JB made the colorway it isn't variant anymore is it? Anything non OG is a variant colorway then huh? Well get this........ The spacejams are a variant colorway then.....

I'm trolling because I have a different idea than you? Sounds legit. "Varient colorway", well if JB made the colorway it isn't variant anymore is it? Anything non OG is a variant colorway then huh? Well get this........ The spacejams are a variant colorway then.....
LMAO ... 

dude I'm done with you ...

MJ did wear the spacejams colorway and they at least, the  have a correlation with other colorway in the OG Jordan's..

But if you insists .....

var·i·ant

ˈve(ə)rēənt/

noun

1. 1.

a form or version of something that differs in some respect from other forms of the same thing or from a standard.

words do have meaning ....

Last edited:

you aint never lie bruh......
and you going to listen to dude that's salty because I called Gamma's ugly? you guys are funny ....

not sure what I said that doesn't make sense when 5 others have stated the same **** ...

but my bad .... I can't wear athletic shoes if I'm not athletic or you'll call me stupid ....

you're just full of LOL's .....

This can be like a Jeff Foxworthy bit.

...If you read sneaker blogs everyday, but have never read "Swoosh" by JB Strasser, you might be a noob.

I feel Nike doesn't care about OG heads, they are appealing to the new younger crowd. They know that the younger crowd doesn't know about the quality of 90's and early 2000's shoes so they make them good enough to wear
Most don't like new retro + type colorways but without them what would be left to release? When you think about it there aren't many OG colorways left to release

Old heads kill me with this quality nonsense, I understand it's not as good as it used to be and probably won't last the test of time. But many have kicks that aren't wearable and probably will crumble by the touch

Truly at the end of the day most releases are gonna sell out, besides hype being around almost every release they don't produce as many as they used to and use availability to get sales

I bought several releases on sale even clearance....these past few years I hardly see them on display

I feel Nike doesn't care about OG heads, they are appealing to the new younger crowd. They know that the younger crowd doesn't know about the quality of 90's and early 2000's shoes so they make them good enough to wear
Most don't like new retro + type colorways but without them what would be left to release? When you think about it there aren't many OG colorways left to release

Old heads kill me with this quality nonsense, I understand it's not as good as it used to be and probably won't last the test of time. But many have kicks that aren't wearable and probably will crumble by the touch

Truly at the end of the day most releases are gonna sell out, besides hype being around almost every release they don't produce as many as they used to and use availability to get sales

I bought several releases on sale even clearance....these past few years I hardly see them on display

Its funny....The OGs were buying Nikes at a time when the executives were at a different place...people have moved,died etc gotten promoted etc...company direction has changed many many times.

I use the wresting analogy

WWF was hardcore, grassroot nostagic..
WWE modern, more accessible and open to the fans...caters to the younger heads

Another shoe thread...

At the end of the day, it's sneakers we're talking about...items we put on our feet to walk through dirt and step on pee in public bathrooms.

There's no need to label yourself an "OG sneakerhead" as there is no incentive to being one. A "noob" can watch documentaries like Just For Kicks, read books like Driven from Within, and watch basketball reruns on NBA TV and have just as much, if not more knowledge on the sneaker culture and players like Jordan than the "OG head."
Nowadays, if the shoe coming out is nice, then buy them, regardless if the colorway is original or not. If the shoe is ugly, then move on to the next one instead of bashing people who actually like them.
I probably know more about the game of basketball and kicks than many of these self-proclaimed OG heads who have "been in the game since 1985," but I'm not gonna go around gloating that and wearing any of these "I'm a sneakerhead" shirts.

Regarding Nike and Jordan Brand quality. I think it's actually exaggerated quite a bit. Sure there's a diminish in quality and craftsmanship on the shoes pre-2005 and post it, but it's not enough to discourage me from buying them. I've had many shoes from the '90s and early '00s but sold them due to their age and Nike/JB retroing them. I'd rather have a fresh new pair that's not gonna crumble on me within ten wears. I'd rather have the icy clear soles compared to nasty yellowed soles. It's funny when young people try to stunt in original pairs that are all cracked up or the soles are all yellow and nasty bashing others for wearing recent GR releases. Why would you spend the same, if not more for used shoes that are over 12 years old that have been on multiple people's feet when you can use that money on brand new pairs...

Last edited:
People take things too seriously. Whoever calls themself an "OG Sneakerhead" is a clown.

Back
Top Bottom