Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Mother fluffer?
laugh.gif
Never heard that one before. Yeah there were 2 other westerns I had on my list, wonder if yours are the same ones 
nerd.gif

8th Round Picks

Kool - There's Something About Mary
JPZ - Apollo 13
Prime - Hard Boiled
Big J - Groundhog Day
Venom - Face/Off
CP - From Dusk Til Dawn
Dub - Carlito's Way
Dirk -  Swingers
MrONegative - The Mummy
JohnnyRed - Happy Gilmore
Noskey - City Slickers
IllmaticSoul - 

8th Round Picks

Kool - There's Something About Mary
JPZ - Apollo 13
Prime - Hard Boiled
Big J - Groundhog Day
Venom - Face/Off
CP - From Dusk Til Dawn
Dub - Carlito's Way
Dirk -  Swingers
MrONegative - The Mummy
JohnnyRed - Happy Gilmore
Noskey - City Slickers
IllmaticSoul - 

Originally Posted by Noskey

Mother fluffer?
laugh.gif
Never heard that one before. Yeah there were 2 other westerns I had on my list, wonder if yours are the same ones 
nerd.gif

yea I been saying it for a long while, something I brew up, idk if anyone has said it before, so I'll pretend like it's mine.

since your western is gone, feel free to PM and i'll share

Originally Posted by Noskey

Mother fluffer?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

yea I been saying it for a long while, something I brew up, idk if anyone has said it before, so I'll pretend like it's mine.

since your western is gone, feel free to PM and i'll share

Illmatic, I've never even heard of those. But I kind of really want to watch them after reading up on their plots/seeing the Penelope Cruz stars in one.

I had to go back and make sure this movie wasn't taken. Kind of surprised. Astonished actually. It was between this or a different Jim Carrey movie... both are great, but in the end I could only take one.

I choose,

The Truman Show

20k1xqu.jpg

Illmatic, I've never even heard of those. But I kind of really want to watch them after reading up on their plots/seeing the Penelope Cruz stars in one.

I had to go back and make sure this movie wasn't taken. Kind of surprised. Astonished actually. It was between this or a different Jim Carrey movie... both are great, but in the end I could only take one.

I choose,

The Truman Show

20k1xqu.jpg

Noskey I had City Slickers on my mind wondering if someone will take it as a Western....JRS nice pick with Happy Gilmore

Still one of my personally favorite movies left on the board

Noskey I had City Slickers on my mind wondering if someone will take it as a Western....JRS nice pick with Happy Gilmore

Still one of my personally favorite movies left on the board

I was on the fence on which Andrew Niccol written work I wanted represented in my list, but I had to go with Gattaca over The Truman Show. Both are great in their own right and have a lot of similarities even though they're somewhat different in genre.
As for my picks, both are solid films. Abra los ojos was adapted into Vanilla Sky (Penelope was in the American remake as well) and La fille sur la font is one of my top 5 favorite foreign flicks. I was actually on the fence with another foreign flick, but I just love Vanessa Paradis' performance.

I was on the fence on which Andrew Niccol written work I wanted represented in my list, but I had to go with Gattaca over The Truman Show. Both are great in their own right and have a lot of similarities even though they're somewhat different in genre.
As for my picks, both are solid films. Abra los ojos was adapted into Vanilla Sky (Penelope was in the American remake as well) and La fille sur la font is one of my top 5 favorite foreign flicks. I was actually on the fence with another foreign flick, but I just love Vanessa Paradis' performance.

BTW, there's one film that I'm shocked hasn't been chosen yet. So many big names and a great story/plot. I'm not going to select it because I have a complete dark horse for my drama pick, but I'm sure it'll get picked up soon anyways.

BTW, there's one film that I'm shocked hasn't been chosen yet. So many big names and a great story/plot. I'm not going to select it because I have a complete dark horse for my drama pick, but I'm sure it'll get picked up soon anyways.

Ok, first post updated from last nights picks. 

Round 9 continued........
Johnny's up, followed by
MrO
Dirk
Dub
CP
Venom

If we get everyone online during the day, we could finish off these last 2 rounds by dinner time. 
pimp.gif

Ok, first post updated from last nights picks. 

Round 9 continued........
Johnny's up, followed by
MrO
Dirk
Dub
CP
Venom

If we get everyone online during the day, we could finish off these last 2 rounds by dinner time. 
pimp.gif

I can't believe I forgot about the truman show. That movie should have been nominated for an Oscar imo

I can't believe I forgot about the truman show. That movie should have been nominated for an Oscar imo

Now that I think of it, I want to swap out my Thriller pick (Sixth Sense).. at the end of the draft if no one chooses the one I want to replace it with, can I swap? 
tongue.gif

Now that I think of it, I want to swap out my Thriller pick (Sixth Sense).. at the end of the draft if no one chooses the one I want to replace it with, can I swap? 
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom