Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I really enjoyed the purge. Can't wait for the second one.

I wish I was critical as yall. Yall know how to break down movies so well. I have to ratings for a movie. Good and bad. As long as I am entertained, it was a good movie. 

The Purge was ok but definitely predictable. The idea was solid but damn did I hate those dumb *** kids in the film, was hoping they got killed the whole time. Hopefully the sequel can build on the concept and make a better movie. Also why are you wearing a mask if everything is legal that night?

Saw the Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen at Century the other day :pimp:

These old film showings they do every week are clutch.

Wow. :lol:

This is...relevant:

Speaking of Superman in movies. I always hated this monologue from Kill Bill

QT really got it all wrong imo

The one line "Clark Kent is Superman's critique on humanity" just rubs me the wrong way. Reeks of some random thought that QT thought of one way and thought it was soooo profound that he just had to throw it into whatever movie he was writing at the time.

Last edited:
Watching Seinfeld. It's the perfect example of how comedy takes on serious subjects. This episode is about abortion. They have the parellel stories of Elaine's Bf and Kramer getting in a tiff over the pizza. I just don't understand how them addressing a serious issue in a comedic way is some how less reputable because you're lying instead of crying.

Just a dude that hates how much comedy gets disrespected.

James Bond isn't about taking on 50 dudes tho.

You think that Sean Connery looked like he could take down 50? Or Roger Moore?

He's a spy, not a Navy Seal.

Bond CAN get dirty, and handle his business, but it is NOT a prerequisite.

And Daniel Craig is slightly taller than Vern Troyer, so slow down with the he can kill 50 guys with ease.
It's pretty daunting when you have to explain the prerequisites and then brush away the misconceptions when it comes to what it takes to look/be Bond. I mean everything in this post is pretty much what's in any Bond fans' head that doesn't even need to be broken down thoroughly. It's just there and anything that doesn't fit it gets the denial.

James Bond isn't Jack Bauer Anti.

Last edited:
Gonna try to watch Saving Private Ryan in honor of the D Day anniversary... Would really like to watch Band Of Brothers but not sure I have the time to do that yet because once I start, I'll have to watch the whole thing... I got too much to do this weekend; put together my son's new bed (ikea), paint the white trim on my house, & some yard work... :rolleyes

Band of Brothers :pimp:

You should check out The Pacific as well.

Gonna try to watch Saving Private Ryan in honor of the D Day anniversary... Would really like to watch Band Of Brothers but not sure I have the time to do that yet because once I start, I'll have to watch the whole thing... I got too much to do this weekend; put together my son's new bed (ikea), paint the white trim on my house, & some yard work... :rolleyes

Band of Brothers :pimp:

You should check out The Pacific as well.

I've watched Pacific too (when it first aired) but it wasn't nearly as good/captivating as BoB. I can't seem to re-watch The Pacifc either. I can watch BoB over & over...

Dude went to bat for.......Wild Wild West?!???!!?!!!?:rofl:

And Pierce Brosnan wasn't worthy of Bond????? What the....?

Come at me.

not the best movie, but I enjoyed it. but like I say, I'm a comedy > drama guy.
I gotta say the majority of your posts in this thread seem to be you criticizing posts due to your interpretations or talking down to the type of ppl that do not even exist in this thread. I mean that's why the Academy doesn't take comedies seriously? Really? C'mon son :lol: **** the Academy.

You could compile all the posts in this thread dedicated to talking about comedic movies, scenes, shorts, and tv shows and it'd probably be a third of it.

So you prefer comedy. A lot of ppl do. That's fine but trying to knock ppl wanting to discuss other types of genres is a **** way of conveying that. I mean you aint even place your diatribe in the light that your even venting. You trying to pivot this whole thing to a different place based off the mention of The Wild Wild West. THE WILD WILD WEST????!!!!! I feel like Iverson talking about practice. Cuz if ppl seriously can't put that movie in the right category in their minds amongst movies let alone comedies there's a problem.

Just finished Fruitvale Station.

Way too many feels 
mean.gif

**** this gay earth

I've been in this thread for a little less than a year. In that year, I believe we have only discussed a few comedies, maybe ten pages tops. The academy doesn't respect comedies at all, and every one that gets brought up gets so much damn criticism, which is cool, it's a forum, that is what we are suppose to do. If I sound condencending, it's just the nature of the criticism. Ya'll ish on 90% of the movies I like, and I dislike some of the movies ya'll like. Propeganda, race, religion are the only things that can rustle my jimmies. Like, praising Neighbors but  poop on Wild Wild West? Nah, both are on the same level, hell Neighbors may be lower to me because the gags weren't as good and frankly, pretty offensive.

This thread is my favorite thread on this site. Some of you, with your dissertations, provide some nice, if not disagreeable, reads. I prefer to read things I disagree with, it helps me narrow down what I like.

That being said. Check this out, haven't seen it posted yet.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

Last edited:
I suggest you start the thread from pg 1.

And if you want to discuss comedies, discuss comedies. Don't complain about the lack of it or how you're a comedy > drama guy. Everybody in this thread has their preferences.

If it was up to me a good chunk of movies and tv shows wouldn't be mentioned and everybody would just be raving about the movies and shows I love. Probably have a 100 pgs dedicated to the Twilight Zone among other favs.

Last edited:
Checked the first couple of pages... what is this fantasy draft?

The whole thing was about Will Smith movies, cats were straight up slandering Will Smith, talking he doesn't have range.

Checked the first couple of pages... what is this fantasy draft?

The whole thing was about Will Smith movies, cats were straight up slandering Will Smith, talking he doesn't have range.

Ah, the fantasy movie draft. That was something else. I didn't participate, but enjoyed following it.

Same here.. I would have checked it out eventually but the great reviews will probably get me to the theater for it.

And 22 Jump Street is at 97% on RT right now... I can't wait to see it. 21 Jump Street is one of my favorite comedies the past few years.

22 jump street is a must watch for me

i don't want to hype it but, but can't help to. looks hilarious.

and i think i'm gonna check out 'edge of tomorrow' tonight for emily blunt's fine *** :smokin

Yall ever see Zodiac?

One of my favorites and one of the best movies I've seen in years. Joint had me shook

Back
Top Bottom