Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by DubA169

the-book-of-mormon.jpg

just got tickets for the end of may
pimp.gif

Evan Roberts of wfan saw it this weekend and said it was hilarious

Just watched Battle Los Angeles.

It was nearly two hours of gunfire and explosions.
laugh.gif

Just watched Battle Los Angeles.

It was nearly two hours of gunfire and explosions.
laugh.gif

Kev, just watched first two parts of Mildred Pierce. That little girl Vida KILLED it. She was fantastic. I love Kate, but I'm kinda done with the prim and proper ya know? Just once I'd like to see her get a little crazy in a role, not Showgirls 2 or anything, just different. Wanted to see more Guy Pearce, I expect his role to grow. But those last five minutes........did not see that coming.
30t6p3b.gif

Kev, just watched first two parts of Mildred Pierce. That little girl Vida KILLED it. She was fantastic. I love Kate, but I'm kinda done with the prim and proper ya know? Just once I'd like to see her get a little crazy in a role, not Showgirls 2 or anything, just different. Wanted to see more Guy Pearce, I expect his role to grow. But those last five minutes........did not see that coming.
30t6p3b.gif

Did you like it alright, though?

Like I said, super slow, but I really liked the movie. There were points where there would just be unnecessary two minute-long shots of her staring out a window.
laugh.gif

Two hour movie - five hour miniseries? I mean...

I intend to finish it, though.

If you like it, try and find the actual movie. It was a good three years ago that I saw it, but watching the miniseries brought everything back pretty quickly.
you seem to pick a fight with me all the time...what's with the beef?
I mean, I just hate you.

Did you like it alright, though?

Like I said, super slow, but I really liked the movie. There were points where there would just be unnecessary two minute-long shots of her staring out a window.
laugh.gif

Two hour movie - five hour miniseries? I mean...

I intend to finish it, though.

If you like it, try and find the actual movie. It was a good three years ago that I saw it, but watching the miniseries brought everything back pretty quickly.
you seem to pick a fight with me all the time...what's with the beef?
I mean, I just hate you.

Yeah absolutely liked it. I was ok with the slow, it was just painful early watchin her struggle. Now, are they fast forwarding a few years, cuuuuuuz Rachel Evan Wood is supposed to take over the role of Vida right? That's kind of confusing me.
laugh.gif

Yeah absolutely liked it. I was ok with the slow, it was just painful early watchin her struggle. Now, are they fast forwarding a few years, cuuuuuuz Rachel Evan Wood is supposed to take over the role of Vida right? That's kind of confusing me.
laugh.gif

Just watched The Lodger against my will... starring Simon Baker, Shane West and Alfred Molina.

Sucked.

Just watched The Lodger against my will... starring Simon Baker, Shane West and Alfred Molina.

Sucked.

Ok, so it was here that put me onto Mildred Pierce. What the #+** am I watching?
laugh.gif

Like it's pretty good. Slow, but still has those moments every other scene. It's just I aint tryna to spoil it for myself looking it up, but is this a domestic kinda thing, where the ending is 'and they weren't so unhappy anymore' or is something big gonna happen?

And I would rather have the little girl from Orphan than that *$*%! Vida. At least she's got a good reason being that way.

Ok, so it was here that put me onto Mildred Pierce. What the #+** am I watching?
laugh.gif

Like it's pretty good. Slow, but still has those moments every other scene. It's just I aint tryna to spoil it for myself looking it up, but is this a domestic kinda thing, where the ending is 'and they weren't so unhappy anymore' or is something big gonna happen?

And I would rather have the little girl from Orphan than that *$*%! Vida. At least she's got a good reason being that way.

Looks like the voting is gonna go this way. 

Dub received the most first place votes from in this thread.  3
Johnny Red received the most "mentions" from in this thread.  9 out of 11
MrO had the most first place votes from the General thread.   5
CP had the most "mentions" from the General thread.  9 top 3 finishes.

Totalled all up

Johnny
Dub
CP
MrO

Are the top 4 vote getters. 

We're now ready for the 2000's draft to start tomorrow.  First thing, JRP will be on the clock, followed by JPZ, then Dirk. 

Looks like the voting is gonna go this way. 

Dub received the most first place votes from in this thread.  3
Johnny Red received the most "mentions" from in this thread.  9 out of 11
MrO had the most first place votes from the General thread.   5
CP had the most "mentions" from the General thread.  9 top 3 finishes.

Totalled all up

Johnny
Dub
CP
MrO

Are the top 4 vote getters. 

We're now ready for the 2000's draft to start tomorrow.  First thing, JRP will be on the clock, followed by JPZ, then Dirk. 

Back
Top Bottom