Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I don't think Leo gets it this year. It'll be Fassbender. They'll give it to him for the cumulative performances of Steve Jobs and Macbeth( hell get it for Jobs)

Hey, The Revenant kinda looks like the movie that brings it home for Leo.

No?

Yes.

I've been saying this since November. It's Leo's trophy.

His only real competition is Fassbender in Steve Jobs & maybe J. Depp in Black Mass.

Dark Horse is Matt Damon in The Martian which is unlikely.

What about eddie redmayne turning into a woman?
going byke to byke like he's jordan 96,97 :pimp:

going byke to byke like he's jordan 96,97 :pimp:

F Redmayne.

Denzel wasn't owed one for The Hurricane.. he was owed one for Malcolm X. He lost to Al Pacino for Scent of a Woman.. which is widely seen as the Academy's "Oh ****, we never gave Al Pacino an Oscar yet"

Leo hasn't been snubbed. He lost to Jamie Foxx as Ray, Forest Whitaker as Idi Amin, and McConaughey. None of those losses were outrageous snubs or robberies.

He's just been unlucky to go against actors in great roles that year. 

I forgot which page this was originally posted, but the trailer looks like a new series on the CW network. It seems like they're taking the quaintness out and making an Avenger style, end-of-the-world, destroy new york and save the day at the end, type of film. No Hogwarts I'm guessing? I'm not ashamed to sat that I'll skip this one unless I hear REALLY good reviews.

Denzel wasn't owed one for The Hurricane.. he was owed one for Malcolm X. He lost to Al Pacino for Scent of a Woman.. which is widely seen as the Academy's "Oh ****, we never gave Al Pacino an Oscar yet"

Leo hasn't been snubbed. He lost to Jamie Foxx as Ray, Forest Whitaker as Idi Amin, and McConaughey. None of those losses were outrageous snubs or robberies.

He's just been unlucky to go against actors in great roles that year. 

Agree to disagree.

Matt Damon having any chance at winning
JhNHPPp.png

Hence the term "dark horse". It's really between Fassbender & Leo.

Rourke didn't win the Oscar for The Wrestler that year, it was Sean Penn for Milk

Correct.

My mistake. Rourke won the Golden Globe that year.

I think Steve Jobs is dead in the water as a serious contender for any awards. It had some good buzz and great reviews when it first came out, but 0 people watched it and currently its not making much noise on the awards circuit.

Fassbender is still a lock for the nomination, but this is Leo's to lose right now. inb4 that british geek sneaks in with another win

Last edited:
For yall that hate Star Wars, school me on why? :nerd: I like it but I'm not some rabid fan that would defend it to the death. I just re-watched the OG and Empire Strikes Back the other day.

At best I can see it being called a movie that's average as far as criticism and that's really only if you saw it for the first time the past 20 years or so and naturally have seen other movies since that have done similar things.

I believe "Leo brings it home", when he actually brings it home.
Thanks Magic.

I def. don't hate Star Wars.. I just never got the hype for it. I watched the first one when I was a kid, didn't think it was all that special and never really cared to watch the others. Then when Episode 1 dropped, I went opening night cause my friend had no one else to go with and I wasn't doing anything, and that sealed it for me :lol:

I will say though, from the trailer.. TFA looks great. I just have no desire to watch it since I don't know much of the backstory. Hateful 8 and Revenant are my go to's this Holiday season. I just like messing with the Star Wars crowd in here but they know it's all jokes.

I def. don't hate Star Wars.. I just never got the hype for it. I watched the first one when I was a kid, didn't think it was all that special and never really cared to watch the others. Then when Episode 1 dropped, I went opening night cause my friend had no one else to go with and I wasn't doing anything, and that sealed it for me :lol:

I will say though, from the trailer.. TFA looks great. I just have no desire to watch it since I don't know much of the backstory. Hateful 8 and Revenant are my go to's this Holiday season. I just like messing with the Star Wars crowd in here but they know it's all jokes.

If you were asking me.

Assigned seating?

Freaking Canada, man.

:\

2pm ET assigned seats for me. I saw Deathly Hallows with pre-bought seats but still had to wait 2 hours for a decent seat - this time paid extra for the premium seats (bigger, right in the middle). Normally it's not worth it but they're assigned so I can roll up at 13:55.

If you were asking me.
Just wanted to make sure I read that right. If it's not your cup of tea, so be it. But I still recommend watching Episodes 5 and 6 if for no other reason than to get the whole story.

Don't judge the old trilogy off the prequels pls.

this, all of this.. as much as I love scent of woman.. denzel deserved that award

academy always screwing up.. it's hilarious going back and looking at who should have won for various things.. like Stanley Kubrick never winning

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom