Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Lightsaber fights in the OT weren't as much an action scene as a duel between the two characters, their motivations, story, etc.

I think there's a balance between what we saw in the OT and prequel movies (where the lightsaber fights were over-choreographed and visually distracting at times). 
:lol: Yeah they balanced out cuz they were two extremes.

I get the dialogue driven this is a showdown in the OT but even then they were just paced so weirdly or I should say boring. I found myself drifting away and losing interest. Specifically with Obi-Wan vs. Vader. When Obi-Wan gives himself up to make sure he dies in front of Luke I'm like :smh: the **** was that? (That was my reaction when I first saw the movie) :lol: Now I'm just like it's w/e let me be on NT while that happens in the background

They didn't overly rely on the special effects, which allows the movies to hold up

Which is why I compare the movie to jaws.. Or back to the future.. Movies that had special effects, but still hold up
I don't think they needed special effects for lightsaber fights, just better choreography. They blew their load on all those blaster shootouts. That to me was hectic and just as wild as the light show we got in the PT. To me it makes no sense why yall jump to the nonsense in the PT as a comparison thoguh. Lightsaber duels are basically sword fights. The OT started in '77, there's really no excuse for better fights. We've seen good sword fights done in the 70s and 80s. There's old *** movies from the 30s that have action packed fencing but yeah I get it they weren't solely action scenes.

I think of Luke vs Vader in Empire which was a better fight than ep 4 but still it was like it didn't know what it wanted to be in between Vader's taunts and revelation. First it's pedestrian then out the blue Luke is force jumping out of the carbonite chamber :lol: Then he's seemingly plummeting to his death. Vader's just there but not as menacing when I look back on it. To me that's where direction should've stepped in and shown us better camera angles but it's w/e.

Last edited:
[thread="287925"] [/thread]
4 5 6 7

thats the current best order 

3 > 4
how sway?

I started ep 3 30 minutes ago and only lasted 15 minutes before turning it off :lol:

4 is kinda boring. i like 3 cause its a darker tone and the creation that is papi vader.

How he became Vader was one of the worst things i've ever seen. His switch to the dark side was faster than how long it takes me to eat a cheesesteak.

The dark knight rises was ruined by the occupy wall street movement.

Nolan got lazy and basically used the occupy movement which was happening while they were filming as the central theme :smh:

There is no need to watch the prequels.. Literally the only good scenes in all 3 movies:

The dark knight rises was ruined by the occupy wall street movement.

Nolan got lazy and basically used the occupy movement which was happening while they were filming as the central theme :smh:

The whole ending just got sloppy.. There was definitely a far better movie there to be made

Pieces were there

Ex Machina was ****ing awesome :pimp:

"What were you doing with Ava?"

"What?"

"You tore up her picture."

"Imma tear up the ****in' dance floor, dude. Check it out."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I've said it before but I think the best thing for the franchise would have been not to kill off ras al ghul in the 1st movie then he could have played a huge role in the 3rd film with bane coming along

But I think he should have kept two face going on his rampage for the beginning of the 3rd film.. Essentially use the knightfall sorta storyline, with batman trying to bring in and/or control two face.. Then you could have bane let loose guys from arkham and batman having to deal with all of that

Then you have them comfront each other and the broken back scene.. With JGL coming in and saving him.. And then Batman tells him take him to ras who has a begrudging respect for batman.. Batman goes in the pit.. Then they train and ras helps them because he has already ousted bane from the league and believes batman is succeeding in the city

Could have Catwoman intertwined in all that with batman leaving an actually trained 'Robin' in his place.. And 'Robin' takes the name of nightwing

Last edited:
my main gripes with TDKR:

talia's death. i know cotillard is a better actress than that. took me right outta the movie :x

final bane vs bats fight felt anticlimactic and should've been more epic.

gordon carrying that confession speech which then falls into the hands of bane, who uses to expose jim. writers could've did better than that imo

I've said it before but I think the best thing for the franchise would have been not to kill off ras al ghul in the 1st movie then he could have played a huge role in the 3rd film with bane coming along
with all the plot holes in the third movie they could have just made up some reason for ras to come back, i mean its already a staple of his character in the comics

posting stuff in here since I dont want to enter the star wars thread

is anakin/vader overrated as a fighter? 

Reddit-StarWars-Anakin.png

and that's one of the many reasons the prequels suck. We could've had a badass powerful jedi who turns to the darkside and murks a couple jedi knights before donning the vader suit. The Clone Wars and Marvel comic runs had to make up for what little fighting skills he showed in the prequels. I mean he was pretty evenly matched with Obiwan in RotS and i'd like to think that counts for something. He offed some younglings too lol. Thinking about the prequels is making me mad now, im done.

Childhood's End has such a massively depressing ending. It was just remarkable.

Bravo on showing such an unhappy ending for humanity like that.

6.5/8 on that 3 night tv movie.

It didn't have the elegance and depth of depravity Snowpiercer had but it really took away the chance of hope early on and then just kept stomping on your throat for basically the next 2-3 hrs :smh: :smokin

Just finished rewatching the entire series in order(1,2,3,4,5,6)
I didnt realize, that when they remastered the 1st three films(4,5,6), at the end of Return of the Jedi, they inserted Hayden Christensen's Annakin Skywalker hologram beside Obi Wan.

Last edited:
finally watched The World's End last night.

Its my least favorite of the Cornetto trilogy. That's not to say it wasn't funny but i find Shaun of the Dead & Hot Fuzz had more laughs and better characters. I didnt care for the ending of World's End either.
I say its one of his better and the few that I actually enjoyed. Shaun of the Dead got no chuckles 

Also I like SW3

Last edited:
watched scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse on the quan last night.

so dumb, yet entertaining at the same time. 
roll.gif

happy star wars day. I have tickets for tomorrow night.

Wrote a little Jessica Jones review:

http://g42sports.com/spying-on-jessica-jones/

Jessica Jones is another Netflix original that crushes expectations and delivers in an uncanny way a combination of wit, darkness, action and romance.

Krysten Ritter exudes her natural sass and sardonic persona as the title character. A heartbroken, emotionally inept young woman with a drinking problem that circumvents her apathetic attitude toward embracing her gifted abilities, embarks on a disturbing journey to finish off a manipulative old foe who is out to ruin humanity in order to convince Jones to fall in love with him.

Everything around Jones falls apart and degenerates into hell on Earth. She reconnects with her former beau, Kilgrave, when a young college girl named Hope Shlottman goes missing. Jones, a private investigator, sets out to find Hope after her parents contact Jones, utilizing a tip from an officer that in essence, came from Kilgrave's manipulation.

Upon discovering Hope in a hotel room, where she was bonded psychologically to the bed thanks to Kilgrave's orders, Jones helps the young girl escape and reunite with her parents. However, in an elevator on what seemingly felt like the end of Ms. Shlottman's disturbing journey, the darkness encompassing this series follows suit and Kilgrave's vile nature and misappropriation of his abilities becomes apparent to the viewer.

Kilgrave, played brilliantly by David Tennant, is a malicious villain rarely seen in comic book movies and shows. As destructive as the Joker and Bane were in The Dark Knight series, Kilgrave takes sin one step further by showing zero redeeming qualities and graphically inducing others into vicious acts of uncontrollable violence.

His obsession with Jones leads to him doing everything he can to keep tabs on her life, even turning an aspiring social worker who lived next door to Jones into a depressed heroin addict.

The theme of heroism occurs frequently throughout this series. Jessica's "sister" Trish Walker battles with her humanity. Her desire to help Jones and utilize superhuman abilities eventually forces her into cardiac arrest after ingesting a super soldier drug her former lover, Will Simpson, was given by Dr. Kozlov.
Simpson's character arc transitioned from ignorant villain, to desperate hero and ultimately degenerated into an uncontrollable, raging lunatic thanks to him abusing Dr. Kozlov's medication.

Malcolm, played exceptionally well by Eka Darville, battles with this theme as well, utilizing his humanity to heroically assist Jones through his powers as a social worker. Malcolm leads a support group for Kilgrave's victims and helps clean up some of the messes Jones finds herself in thanks to her antagonist.

Romance is another underlying theme throughout this series. Kilgrave, obviously in his twisted, demented manner, does everything he can in order to persuade Jones to return to him, willingly, in an act of love. His obsession with her ultimately leads to his jealousy for Jones' relationship with Luke Cage.

Cage and Jones embrace your typical, cliche romance arc, transitioning from lust to love to hatred and ultimately back to what's perceived by the viewer at the end to potentially be a happy ending full of love.
Jessica Jones is a twisted show that embraces sarcasm and wit to ease the tension of an otherworldly villain who has no morals and is out to wreak as much havoc as he can until he has his way. Netflix continues its infallible approach to original programming with this promising series that hopefully continues to maintain its edge.

Back
Top Bottom