Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Wait, so Anakin was always the "one" folks were referring to, correct? It wasn't Luke?

If we're gonna extend that, Anakin in his prime > Luke in his prime?

Wait, so Anakin was always the "one" folks were referring to, correct? It wasn't Luke?

If we're gonna extend that, Anakin in his prime > Luke in his prime?
anakin got washed by obiwan before he hit his prime, he's basically the jedi version of drose 

and being the chosen one just meant it was he who would bring balance to the force, which he ends up doing

Don't know if it's been mentioned in here yet, but Lawrence fishburn is reuniting with Keanu reeves in "john wick 2" my body is ready :pimp: :pimp:

This is fantastic news. Is Fishburne gonna be the villain?

I don't think it's been said officially yet. Photos are all we have. This article speculates that he might be some sort of mentor to Wick? Either way, it's an excellent casting choice.

https://www.inverse.com/article/926...book&utm_medium=inverse&utm_campaign=promoted

^ Agreed. Great casting and Fishburne always puts in his best work.

Must also be fun to work again with your homie.

CP or any other SW expert, in ESB who was Yoda talking about when he was talking with ghost Obi-Wan about Luke being the one and Yoda was like "there is another"? Think he said right before or during Luke leaving to go save Leia and Han or is that just another George **** up/something he never followed up on.

Its not entirely clear, but I've always believed he was referring to Leia, since she's Luke's sister. I can't think of anyone else who it could have been.

But I don't consider myself an SW expert on CP's level, so maybe he knows something I don't.
Yeah going off the movies, I could only think of Leia but in the movies she really wasn't depicted on being on the path of a jedi in anyway. I mean once Obi-wan meets Luke he knows he's force sensitive and it's strong in him. He aint react to Leia specifically when he saw her message and he really never meets her.

I don't remember if Yoda knew about the birth of the twins in the PT but maybe he finds out in that 20 year gap when the Empire is running ****. Maybe stuff front he books expand on that? :nerd:
I always thought he was talking about leia, as in even though she has no jedi training she is still force sensitive. I don't think you can feel the force in a hologram and he dies on the death star before getting to meet leia. 

Although there is also the fact that vader didnt sense the force in Leia the way he did with Luke. Maybe the force was just dormant with her and all force users need to go through some sort of an awakening before they realise that they can use the force. 

in the PT both Obi and Yoda knew about both kids.

It annoys me that in the OT vader seems to only have a history with obi and luke, while everyone else he just treats as a stranger. but in the prequels he's like best friends with R2 and built C3PO. 
I can ignore the stuff with Vader cuz like it was already said it wasn't decided that Leia was a Skywalker but with Obi-Wan being the one she was looking for and him at least knowing of her to leave I would've liked some foreshadowing there.

Adding in the PT confuses it. I forgot that Yoda knew about both kids but after it was official it'd make sense for Obi to know.

As far as Vader treating C3PO and R2 like he aint made them I chalked that up to the Emperor force mind wiping his memories to make him more Vader and less Anakin.

Remember when Darth Sidious tells Vader he wants Luke dead or on their side, he's the one that has to tell Vader to search his mind or something to know it is true about Luke being special. Then Vader spins it to say he can be turned. I took that whole scene like even then Vader was struggling remembering and accepting he had a son out there in the world.
CP or any other SW expert, in ESB who was Yoda talking about when he was talking with ghost Obi-Wan about Luke being the one and Yoda was like "there is another"? Think he said right before or during Luke leaving to go save Leia and Han or is that just another George **** up/something he never followed up on.

Its not entirely clear, but I've always believed he was referring to Leia, since she's Luke's sister. I can't think of anyone else who it could have been.

But I don't consider myself an SW expert on CP's level, so maybe he knows something I don't.
Yeah going off the movies, I could only think of Leia but in the movies she really wasn't depicted on being on the path of a jedi in anyway. I mean once Obi-wan meets Luke he knows he's force sensitive and it's strong in him. He aint react to Leia specifically when he saw her message and he really never meets her.

I don't remember if Yoda knew about the birth of the twins in the PT but maybe he finds out in that 20 year gap when the Empire is running ****. Maybe stuff front he books expand on that? :nerd:

From a movie/trilogy standpoint, Yoda was referring to Leia. “There is another Sky….walk…..er….*dead*” In that sense, he means Leia.

But in the grander scheme, Yoda would have known well enough that not all potential Jedi were dormant forever.

Leia’s powers were dormant. Obviously she had the ability to be strong, consider Luke calling to her from underneath Bespin. She hadn’t trained, she had no idea she was a Skywalker, she knew nothing, yet she could hear him and understand where he was. The ability to use the Force was inside her.

Many others possess that power, but without anyone to show or train them, the ability essentially just sits there. Same with Anakin bein able to navigate the pod racer, and being the only human on the planet that could. Just natural ability. Once Obi-Wan begins training him, his powers develop, and he becomes stronger. I’m fairly positive Yoda would know that others would come along, even if Luke was killed by Vader. Hell, Obi Wan knew about Leia, so his remark “that boy was our only hope” was off base to begin with. Hell, why would either of them think an untrained 23 year old boy trying to learn how to become a “Jedi” be able to defeat the Empire when they succeeded in wiping out thousands of Jedi? :lol: When you step back and think about it, it’s another large hole in the story. He either should have toned down the dominance of the Emperor and 666 etc, or not hyped up the Jedi as much as he did thru the Clone Wars. Because how can they wipe out an entire order, and lose to one single half Jedi? :lol: But whatev.
Makes sense. Didn't connect that scene in that way.

I took it as Luke's ability to use the force was stronger and could possibly call out to anyone miles away but it makes more scene to be a Skywalker/force sensitive thing.

As far as the reasoning behind one person that might be special that's got like halfway decent training at best being the last hope to take down the entire empire, I assume Luke would become so intoned with the force that the dark side would pale in comparison. That's when **** like "luck" starts to always fall in his favor.

Last edited:
the thing about vader and luke is that he actually didnt know about his kids. the emperor told him that they died along with his wife, so it was not so much about remembering but rather searching his feelings for a truth to counter the earlier lie.

I think it was just george trying too hard to put old characters into the prequels for fan service which messes up the plot a bit.

like how in attack of the clones anakin goes to find his mother and they pick up C3P0 at uncle owens house, they also bring along R2D2. so it's a bit weird in a new hope that he treats them like regular trash droids and doesnt even make a small remark about how he used to have the exact same droid as C3PO and a blue R2 unit has been to their house before. 

I'm really, really enjoying 'Master of Nothing' with Aziz Ansari. Episode 5 was spectacular. Claire Danes roles like that all the time maybe? :wow: :evil: :smokin :smokin

I'm through six now... saw Aziz was nominated for the leading role category at the GG.

Last edited:
Well yeah, in one sense given how badass Vader is he isn't going to be sentimental or bring them up in that way.

Something like a scene where he shows hesitation when he first encounters them would allude to that.

Even better if R2 just makes some beeping sounds and it's an offhand comment to C3PO about their former master and nothing more than that.

Well yeah, in one sense given how badass Vader is he isn't going to be sentimental or bring them up in that way.

Something like a scene where he shows hesitation when he first encounters them would allude to that.

Even better if R2 just makes some beeping sounds and it's an offhand comment to C3PO about their former master and nothing more than that.

Been reading the new comics that Marvel put out and it seems Vader is still emotional when bring up the kids and padme

I just posted some panels in the Star Wars Thread

All this Star Wars talk and we're neglecting the fact that the homie Champ has a copy of The Revenant in his possession...

I mean not much for us to comment on unless he's able to let us borrow it.

Last edited:
I mean not much for us to comment on unless he's able to let us borrow it.

:lol: I wish.

On another note -

hayden at the end of return of the jedi still looks so creepy 
roll.gif
roll.gif

luke was about to kill vader if paplatine didnt start laughing and celebrating too early 
laugh.gif

Just caught up to latest episode of Quantico on Hulu...shows great if you can get past some scenes..Watching "Undisputed" right now...is it me or is Ving Rhames in almost every jail related movie? lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom