Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anyone else a Downton Abbey fan? Forgot about the show until I saw the cast was promoting it. The final season already aired in the UK, all that's left is their Christmas special. Will try to catch up somewhere. Ral curious how they end this show.

"I think Steve Jobs is dead in the water as a serious contender for any awards" "but 0 people watched it"
this is recipe to cook. A film nobody has seen

my vote goes to fassbender for jobs 

As well as the whole of the Academy's votes.

I believe "Leo brings it home", when he actually brings it home.
Thanks Magic.

Riveting post, as always. Keep up the good work.

Fuller House coming to Netfix Feb 26.

I'm really curious to see what approach they took. Is it gonna be multicam w/ a live audience and cheesy writing? Or something a little more clever?

Never really got into Star Wars or understand the hype, but y'all fellas enjoy.

Just finished rewatching the entire series in order(1,2,3,4,5,6)
I didnt realize, that when they remastered the 1st three films(4,5,6), at the end of Return of the Jedi, they inserted Hayden Christensen's Annakin Skywalker hologram beside Obi Wan.
I had blocked that from my mind, but rewatching the trilogy a couple days ago I was pissed when that showed up. **** George Lucas.

12 hours until show time :pimp:

CP or any other SW expert, in ESB who was Yoda talking about when he was talking with ghost Obi-Wan about Luke being the one and Yoda was like "there is another"? Think he said right before or during Luke leaving to go save Leia and Han or is that just another George **** up/something he never followed up on.

CP or any other SW expert, in ESB who was Yoda talking about when he was talking with ghost Obi-Wan about Luke being the one and Yoda was like "there is another"? Think he said right before or during Luke leaving to go save Leia and Han or is that just another George **** up/something he never followed up on.

Its not entirely clear, but I've always believed he was referring to Leia, since she's Luke's sister. I can't think of anyone else who it could have been.

But I don't consider myself an SW expert on CP's level, so maybe he knows something I don't.

Its not entirely clear, but I've always believed he was referring to Leia, since she's Luke's sister. I can't think of anyone else who it could have been.

But I don't consider myself an SW expert on CP's level, so maybe he knows something I don't.
Yeah going off the movies, I could only think of Leia but in the movies she really wasn't depicted on being on the path of a jedi in anyway. I mean once Obi-wan meets Luke he knows he's force sensitive and it's strong in him. He aint react to Leia specifically when he saw her message and he really never meets her.

I don't remember if Yoda knew about the birth of the twins in the PT but maybe he finds out in that 20 year gap when the Empire is running ****. Maybe stuff front he books expand on that? :nerd:

Last edited:
From what I recall, it wasn't 100% sure that Leia and Luke were siblings when they wrote and filmed ESB. So they threw that out there and ended up making them siblings. Within the movies, she is force sensitive so I suppose there was hope she could be trained in case Luke failed.

I'm bummed I'm not seeing Star Wars tonight, so I'll have to wait a painful day and change until tomorrow night. Even though I already read all the spoilers because I'm weak 
laugh.gif

Watched The Intern with de Niro and Anne Hathaway ... Nice, light-hearted movie, several eye rolling moments but it was def watchable

I'm sort of in your position, but I've now watched 5 of the films.

I'm watching them all for the 1st time. 42min into the 2005 film.

I'd give the entire franchise a 3/5.

ep7 looks really cool though.

I'd say watch the latest one, to see if that makes you a sw fan.

Just found out that "El Patron Del Mal" is on Netflix Instant Watch this morning. Just typed it into the search box HOPING that something would show.
smokin.gif

The Spanish novela of Pablo Escobar that aired on Telemundo in 2012.

Definitely have to watch this before Narcos. Had taken me a while to find a website with HD quality prior to this discovery.

I feel like watching something Pablo Escobar related has to be seen in Spanish
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been mentioned in here yet, but Lawrence fishburn is reuniting with Keanu reeves in "john wick 2" my body is ready :pimp: :pimp:

I'm sort of in your position, but I've now watched 5 of the films.
I'm watching them all for the 1st time. 42min into the 2005 film.
I'd give the entire franchise a 3/5.

ep7 looks really cool though.
I'd say watch the latest one, to see if that makes you a sw fan.
Scale out of 5?

The force is weak in this one.

Last edited:
I went into star wars having every major plot point spoiled, so 3/5.

Never watched them growing up.

Last edited:

Yeah going off the movies, I could only think of Leia but in the movies she really wasn't depicted on being on the path of a jedi in anyway. I mean once Obi-wan meets Luke he knows he's force sensitive and it's strong in him. He aint react to Leia specifically when he saw her message and he really never meets her.

I don't remember if Yoda knew about the birth of the twins in the PT but maybe he finds out in that 20 year gap when the Empire is running ****. Maybe stuff front he books expand on that?
nerd.gif
I always thought he was talking about leia, as in even though she has no jedi training she is still force sensitive. I don't think you can feel the force in a hologram and he dies on the death star before getting to meet leia. 

Although there is also the fact that vader didnt sense the force in Leia the way he did with Luke. Maybe the force was just dormant with her and all force users need to go through some sort of an awakening before they realise that they can use the force. 

in the PT both Obi and Yoda knew about both kids.

It annoys me that in the OT vader seems to only have a history with obi and luke, while everyone else he just treats as a stranger. but in the prequels he's like best friends with R2 and built C3PO. 

I don't remember if Yoda knew about the birth of the twins in the PT but maybe he finds out in that 20 year gap when the Empire is running ****. Maybe stuff front he books expand on that? :nerd:
I always thought he was talking about leia, as in even though she has no jedi training she is still force sensitive. I don't think you can feel the force in a hologram and he dies on the death star before getting to meet leia. 

Although there is also the fact that vader didnt sense the force in Leia the way he did with Luke. Maybe the force was just dormant with her and all force users need to go through some sort of an awakening before they realise that they can use the force. 

in the PT both Obi and Yoda knew about both kids.

It annoys me that in the OT vader seems to only have a history with obi and luke, while everyone else he just treats as a stranger. but in the prequels he's like best friends with R2 and built C3PO. 

Annoys me too. Oh well what can we do?

From a movie/trilogy standpoint, Yoda was referring to Leia. “There is another Sky….walk…..er….*dead*” In that sense, he means Leia.

But in the grander scheme, Yoda would have known well enough that not all potential Jedi were dormant forever.

Leia’s powers were dormant. Obviously she had the ability to be strong, consider Luke calling to her from underneath Bespin. She hadn’t trained, she had no idea she was a Skywalker, she knew nothing, yet she could hear him and understand where he was. The ability to use the Force was inside her.

Many others possess that power, but without anyone to show or train them, the ability essentially just sits there. Same with Anakin bein able to navigate the pod racer, and being the only human on the planet that could. Just natural ability. Once Obi-Wan begins training him, his powers develop, and he becomes stronger. I’m fairly positive Yoda would know that others would come along, even if Luke was killed by Vader. Hell, Obi Wan knew about Leia, so his remark “that boy was our only hope” was off base to begin with. Hell, why would either of them think an untrained 23 year old boy trying to learn how to become a “Jedi” be able to defeat the Empire when they succeeded in wiping out thousands of Jedi? :lol: When you step back and think about it, it’s another large hole in the story. He either should have toned down the dominance of the Emperor and 666 etc, or not hyped up the Jedi as much as he did thru the Clone Wars. Because how can they wipe out an entire order, and lose to one single half Jedi? :lol: But whatev.

Back
Top Bottom