Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Mind blown.

Unloading their falsified bonds and then immediately shorting them once they are off their books. There must've been hundreds of dudes jailed and hundreds of dudes who just offed themselves over this collapse. Just wow! That's about as dirty as dirty gets. America ladies and gents

Last edited:
Watched John Wick last night for the first time...the amount of kills John had in this movie was ridiculous, but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to part 2

I saw a commercial for the upcoming War & Peace miniseries. Looks interesting. Gillian Anderson is in it. I never read the written work and don't know much about it.

Anyone else ever randomly watch some of these lifetime movies? Right now i'm watching Bad Sister. It's about this woman pretending to be a nun at a boarding school because she's obsessed with one of the students who is a youtube singing star. They got her in some red underwear lotioning herself up.

^^^ I've had to watch some Lifetime flicks to humor my wife. They're not good.

Has there been ongoing discussions on who y'all think wins best Oscar this year?

I really liked Carrell and Bale in The Big Short, but I don't think anyone topped Paul Dano in Love & Mercy.

Just finished Sicario 
eek.gif

Great movie.

I feel like a terrible person, but I was happy Benicio did what he did
laugh.gif

Has there been ongoing discussions on who y'all think wins best Oscar this year?

I really liked Carrell and Bale in The Big Short, but I don't think anyone topped Paul Dano in Love & Mercy.
Has Redmayne been nominated?

If so, him + Danish Girl will win.

Leo and maybe Stallone along with bri Larson and Winslet but got to see where the momentum goes .... possible ratings bump because Leo might actually take it .

Am I a bad person for wanting Leo to be nominated for the Oscar just to lose again?

First, so we could get a new one of these:

& then so we could get some Revenant/Leo/Oscar gifs.

He can wait to win his Academy Award for The Devil in the White City imo...

For the sake of lulz.

Last edited:
Just finished Sicario :wow:

Great movie.

I feel like a terrible person, but I was happy Benicio did what he did :lol:

My man tried to play the card like he didn't kill Benicio's wife and daughter.

Live by the sword....

So here’s a breakdown of what I saw in 2015, and whether I enjoyed it, was indifferent, or didn’t enjoy:

Ex-Machina (Enjoyed).
Dope (Enjoyed).
Brooklyn (Enjoyed).
Fifty Shades of Grey (Indifferent)*
Chappie (Enjoyed).
Trainwreck (Enjoyed).
Avengers: Age of Ultron (Enjoyed).
Mad Max: Fury Road (Enjoyed).
Inside Out (Enjoyed).
Sicario (Enjoyed).
Poltergeist (Didn’t enjoy).
Entourage (Indifferent).
Jurassic World (Enjoyed).
Insidious: Chapter 3 (Indifferent).
Southpaw (Enjoyed).
Terminator Genisys (Enjoyed).
Everest (Enjoyed).
Ted 2 (Indifferent).
Ant-Man (Enjoyed).
Mission Impossible- Rogue Nation (Indifferent).
The Gift (Enjoyed).
Straight Outta Compton (Enjoyed).
Black Mass (Enjoyed).
Love & Mercy
Steve Jobs (Enjoyed).
The Visit (Didn’t enjoy).
The Martian (Enjoyed).
The Intern (Enjoyed).
The Walk (Enjoyed).
Bridge of Spies (Enjoyed).
Goosebumps (Enjoyed).
Crimson Peak (Enjoyed).
Spectre (Indifferent).
The Night Before (Enjoyed).
Creed (Enjoyed).
Krampus (Enjoyed).
The Big Short (Enjoyed).
Star Wars Episode VII (Enjoyed).
Concussion (Enjoyed).
The Hateful Eight (Enjoyed).
*denotes something I didn’t see in theaters.

Still plan to see: Blackhat, Home, The Final Girls, Danny Collins, Child 44, Maggie, Carol, The Human Centipede 3, Spotlight, Room, The Danish Girl, Legend, Trumbo, Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension, Joy, The Revenant.

If I had to pick a top 10…

Star Wars Episode VII
The Big Short.
The Hateful Eight.
Creed.
The Martian.
Black Mass.
Brooklyn.
Mad Max: Fury Road.
Everest.
Love and Mercy.

I’m sure The Revenant would kick one of those out once I see it, and it would probably be Black Mass or Brooklyn.

The three I’ll probably go back to most is The Big Short, Creed, and Everest. And Star Wars. And Mad Max. Okay fine, five. :lol:

Revenant was good, but not for me. I did enjoy Leo and Hardy, but time piece movie aren't my thing. The area they filmed in tho was efffing amazing. Gorgeous.

Watching Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead.'

5/8

Nice seeing some of the actors and Andy Garcia was pretty cool.

Now watching:

Kiss of Death w/ Nic Cage, David Caruso and Sam L Jackson

Had to pause the big short since I've got work in the morning.

Pretty sure they used the same sets for the office scenes from wolf of wall street and paramount made both movies so it's not a stretch

Right now I'm at the part when they are about to leave vegas. Bale's character is the most meh so far

Last edited:
Its weird seeing Nic Cage and Sam Jackson in a movie together with their OG hair.

lol I just remembered I tweeted this earlier:

I would like a movie starring Sam Jackson and Nic Cage. I would also like a Tarantino written scene involving them comparing wigs.

Spartacus:Blood and Sand ep 2 was on Starz tonight. It's got me back on ep1 for a rewatch. A lot of folk thought it cheesy, especially the blood splatter and OD graphics but I loved every minute of it. It led me to finally pick up GOT right before Season 2 started and, it led me to the best TV series that I have ever seen, ROME.

Last edited:
a-friend a-friend I've been watching Spartacus too. It was hard because I thought the show would lose a step when Andy died so I gave it up during the original airing but watching it now? I know I missed a glorious thing.

It also reminded me that Jai Courtney did one good thing in all his work.

a-friend a-friend I've been watching Spartacus too. It was hard because I thought the show would lose a step when Andy died so I gave it up during the original airing but watching it now? I know I missed a glorious thing.

It also reminded me that Jai Courtney did one good thing in all his work.

Show is greatness. Good man. Yea, I was a bit disheartened when Andy Whitfield passed and the second season had to take the prequel approach, but It worked, well. RIP to Andy

I think a lot of people threw in the towel at that point, and missed some impressive TV. The dialect for the dialogue really kept me glued in through all Seasons.

Last edited:
Yea I'm on season 3. Can we point out that 3 (4 if you count the movies) actors from Spartacus play DC villains?

Crixus - Deathstroke (Arrow)
Ashur - Captian Boomerang (Arrow)
Varro - Captian Boomerang (Suicide Squad)
Spartacus (Liam McIntyre) - Weather Wizard (Flash)

Wonder if anyone else will join them

Back
Top Bottom