Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

One thing I felt was a bit unfair about the GG was they treated the best comedy film as a secondary best drama film. The Martian is not a comedy to me. Yes I laughed but it had just as much if not more drama just off the predicament the main character finds himself in. A lot of suspenseful moments even if you're smart enough to know they're not gonna kill him in the end (other characters could've died) so I really don't labeling that a comedy.

Felt the same about Joy. Was that really a comedy? I haven't seen it yet but when those nominees were named and The Martian one and Matt Damon won I left feeling like The Big Short got shorted :smh:

It was nice to see everybody stand up to give that ovation for Leo. It was like a collective it's about damn time :lol: :pimp:

Watching Inarritu, Leo and The Revenant makes it seem like that'll be the consensus for the rest of the award shows coming up. I can't front when they did the nominees I think Redmayne was at a table behind Leo's so at a certain angle you could see him when they showed Leo and I was tense thinking they would've gave it to him during the wait :lol:

Quentin Tarantino seemed drunk & referred to movie composers as 'ghetto.' Damn. :/ #GoldenGlobes pic.twitter.com/RQCwQuN9UH
— i can adult (@UpstanderEffect) January 11, 2016

i still dont get what "ghetto" has to do with anything he's saying lol. why does he do this?
*Sigh*

QT did not call them ghetto. He called the group "that ghetto" and he was referring to what the word ghetto actually means in comparison to the composer he was praising in his speech. He was just propping one legendary composer up.

He was speaking fast and slurring some of his words so not everyone caught on/understood.

Sty :pimp:

He didn't shout out MBJ tho smh

nor Coogler :\
Cuz he got the award for playing Rocky, a character he created. I read the historical stat somewhere about how he and only one other guy has one an award for playing the same character 40 years a part.

But yeah I did notice he aint shout out MBJ or Coogler and the camera room made sure to pan to both of them praising him as he walked up and gave his acceptance speech.
hope issac gets a best supporting nom tho 
:pimp:

Hardy & Cumberbatch in a movie together & this is the first time I'm hearing about it :wow: :smh:

The Hobbit trilogy stunk but man, the behind the scenes of Cumbergod playing Smaug... Chills.
If you're referring to the movie I mentioned, Stuart, it's not that kind of movie where you're like Cumberbatch, Hardy, must see!

The movie was solid, a 6/8 at best. It isn't the best story. The whole thing revolves around Hardy's character and he's the one that really shines and even then I wouldn't call it one of his best performances just a good example of how great his range is.

Last edited:
Zik, you know the Hollywood game.

They put Martian (which is a drama film at its core) in the Comedy category so it wouldn't have to go against Revenant.

I wonder how tom hardy is offscreen. I remember him saying he was kind of a hoodlum when he was younger and breaking into cars. I always assumed he was an intense guy and that him and christian bale would be trying to out-intense each other on the set of tdkr.

Zik, you know the Hollywood game.

They put Martian (which is a drama film at its core) in the Comedy category so it wouldn't have to go against Revenant.
I quoted somebody saying this in the GG thread.

I feel it's more like THFP wanted to recognize The Martian.

I look at the nominees and The Martian isn't better than The Revenant or a few other movies. If they put The Martian up against The Revenant, The Martian would lose or at least that's how I see it. I don't see them manipulating things so the two could avoid each other.

And no way is Damon as Whatley better than Leo as Glass.

The martian was an ok movie. I wouldn't have paid money to see it at theaters. But i'm also a cheap person.

Quentin Tarantino seemed drunk & referred to movie composers as 'ghetto.' Damn. :/ #GoldenGlobes pic.twitter.com/RQCwQuN9UH
— i can adult (@UpstanderEffect) January 11, 2016

i still dont get what "ghetto" has to do with anything he's saying lol. why does he do this?
*Sigh*

QT did not call them ghetto. He called the group "that ghetto" and he was referring to what the word ghetto actually means in comparison to the composer he was praising in his speech. He was just propping one legendary composer up.

He was speaking fast and slurring some of his words so not everyone caught on/understood.

took me awhile but i finally got it after watching the clip a few times.

i was trying hard to decipher what he was saying lol, legit had me like:

I'm on the last 2 eps of Blood and Sand.

Mira is so damn perfect man. Even her freckles are perfection. Good lord

It was nice to see everybody stand up to give that ovation for Leo. It was like a collective it's about damn time :lol: :pimp:

Why would it be about damn time?..This is Leo's 3rd or 4th GG win..He won for Wolf of Wall Street a couple years ago..
I'm on the last 2 eps of Blood and Sand.

Mira is so damn perfect man. Even her freckles are perfection. Good lord

Spartacus is in my top 5 shows of the past decade..It's pure fun and keeps you hooked from the first episode to the last..Such a shame that Andy passed away from cancer after the first season..He was really good actor and I felt he could've went on to have a very successful career..

Currently watching The Man From UNCLE.

Very entertaining thus far (~35 mins in).

Didn't know my boo from Ex Machina is in this :wow:

Can't believe Fassbender is clapping those cheeks (who am I kidding, yes I can). Son is straight WINNING in life.

It's not fair :smh:

Currently watching The Man From UNCLE.

Very entertaining thus far (~35 mins in).

Didn't know my boo from Ex Machina is in this :wow:

Can't believe Fassbender is clapping those cheeks (who am I kidding, yes I can). Son is straight WINNING in life.

It's not fair :smh:

Dude always penetrates his hot co-stars. Plus he had george clooney publicly admiring his meat calling it a golf club. Probably let Fassbender ****hold his beautiful wife.

Last edited:

Why would it be about damn time?..This is Leo's 3rd or 4th GG win..He won for Wolf of Wall Street a couple years ago..
Cuz everybody is thinking in the back of their heads this is the year he should get the Oscar.

Doesn't it usually go Globes, SAGs, Oscar? Yeah the Oscars and SAGs may stray but a lot of times it's consensus opinion.

I can guarantee if he loses there's gonna be a different look on ppl's face if it's not Leo accepting that award. Might hear a gasp or two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom