Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'll probably drop out of the 80's draft and opt to judge.
IMO, the 80's had their share of great films, so that should be a very interesting draft.

I'll probably drop out of the 80's draft and opt to judge.
IMO, the 80's had their share of great films, so that should be a very interesting draft.

With my next pick...i select:
love_basketball.jpg

sports. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Me and my buddy got into a heated argument one day about who played Willie Mays Hayes in the Major Leagues. He said Wesley, I said Omar Epps, turned out we were both right
laugh.gif

Me and my buddy got into a heated argument one day about who played Willie Mays Hayes in the Major Leagues. He said Wesley, I said Omar Epps, turned out we were both right
laugh.gif

As far as Westerns go, there are a lot of films that don't follow the standard conventions (saloons, Old West, etc.) but are still considered part of the genre. However, if you want to get creative I suggest finding an article or quote of some kind to support your argument.

As far as Westerns go, there are a lot of films that don't follow the standard conventions (saloons, Old West, etc.) but are still considered part of the genre. However, if you want to get creative I suggest finding an article or quote of some kind to support your argument.

I have no idea how anyone would do a 50's/60's draft though. 
laugh.gif

The 80's is up for debate.  I think Dub wanted in on that, and so does Nike, so they could replace Kev and Ill easy, then it's up to everyone else if they want to stay in or we could drop down to 10 or something like that.  Either way, we'll worry about that in a few days.  Finish this one, go thru the voting process, take a couple days to be off the clock a little bit, and then see if people still want some 80's. 

I have Johnny's picks, just need Venom to come thru. 

Ima be off line for about 2-3 hours later tonight, so I'll try to get us thru my pick so that everyone is free to keep going til I get back online.  Play it be ear. 

I have no idea how anyone would do a 50's/60's draft though. 
laugh.gif

The 80's is up for debate.  I think Dub wanted in on that, and so does Nike, so they could replace Kev and Ill easy, then it's up to everyone else if they want to stay in or we could drop down to 10 or something like that.  Either way, we'll worry about that in a few days.  Finish this one, go thru the voting process, take a couple days to be off the clock a little bit, and then see if people still want some 80's. 

I have Johnny's picks, just need Venom to come thru. 

Ima be off line for about 2-3 hours later tonight, so I'll try to get us thru my pick so that everyone is free to keep going til I get back online.  Play it be ear. 

50s/60s would be fun but the categories would def have to be different. Maybe could go category free or something and just pick 10 movies or whatever.

And CP, I'll be going out in a bit so if Venom doesn't get on in the next 10-15 minutes just follow through with my PM. Thanks.

50s/60s would be fun but the categories would def have to be different. Maybe could go category free or something and just pick 10 movies or whatever.

And CP, I'll be going out in a bit so if Venom doesn't get on in the next 10-15 minutes just follow through with my PM. Thanks.

To be fair, every decade has very solid films. There is a reason why the Golden Age of Hollywood is all pre-1960s stuff, after all. But if there aren't enough people who have seen films from that era there's no point going that far back.

It sounds like more people would rather do the 70s than the 80s. I'd like to keep as many of the same managers on as possible so if we do 70s first then at least we'll get one more decade in with the same people.

CP I know you said you haven't seen many films from that era but I'm sure you will be alright. 1965-1975 is one of the best periods in Hollywood history. It's when the directors you love today (Scorsese, Spielberg, De Palma, Lucas, etc.) made their reputations.

To be fair, every decade has very solid films. There is a reason why the Golden Age of Hollywood is all pre-1960s stuff, after all. But if there aren't enough people who have seen films from that era there's no point going that far back.

It sounds like more people would rather do the 70s than the 80s. I'd like to keep as many of the same managers on as possible so if we do 70s first then at least we'll get one more decade in with the same people.

CP I know you said you haven't seen many films from that era but I'm sure you will be alright. 1965-1975 is one of the best periods in Hollywood history. It's when the directors you love today (Scorsese, Spielberg, De Palma, Lucas, etc.) made their reputations.

Back
Top Bottom