Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Noskey:
Ehhh. Pushin it, but %*!+ if Requiem is a horror, V is a thriller. So whatever. I dont even care what we slot movies into as long as it's not blatantly wrong. Judges should be in here determining this stuff 
nerd.gif

Pfft.

it should be obvious that requiem isn't a horror movie. But the line between thriller and drama is very thin. It only says drama for requiem on imdb though

it should be obvious that requiem isn't a horror movie. But the line between thriller and drama is very thin. It only says drama for requiem on imdb though

^ I thought Hanna looked freaking awesome. From what I've gathered from the 1 trailer I've seen, some gov't party left her for dead out in the snow, she was found and raised by a family I guess, and grows up to seek revenge or something.

Kind of?

kool- when Raising Cain came out, me and ALLLLL my cousins either had this poster in our rooms, or just the top

1992-raising-cain-poster1.jpg

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

^ I thought Hanna looked freaking awesome. From what I've gathered from the 1 trailer I've seen, some gov't party left her for dead out in the snow, she was found and raised by a family I guess, and grows up to seek revenge or something.

Kind of?

kool- when Raising Cain came out, me and ALLLLL my cousins either had this poster in our rooms, or just the top

1992-raising-cain-poster1.jpg

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Just got back from Your Highness, whatever you thought it was gonna be from the trailers go with that. #!@@ all those reviews, I don't know how the hell that got a 25% and Paul got a 70% on rottentomatoes.
indifferent.gif

The last 20 minutes killed me.

And mibad forgetting to msg CP.

tumblr_li4wjeUviO1qfynk5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lfbzepsdtn1qzkxd5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lindm0brKU1qbpo86o1_500.gif

tumblr_lhugp95k3D1qdnyxoo1_500.png

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lgdtc52Pfe1qaa2q3o1_500.jpg

I pick a 9/11 film: The 25th Hour, a Spike Lee joint.

I wanna move it to Crime and move Kiss Kiss to Utility.

Just got back from Your Highness, whatever you thought it was gonna be from the trailers go with that. #!@@ all those reviews, I don't know how the hell that got a 25% and Paul got a 70% on rottentomatoes.
indifferent.gif

The last 20 minutes killed me.

And mibad forgetting to msg CP.

tumblr_li4wjeUviO1qfynk5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lfbzepsdtn1qzkxd5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lindm0brKU1qbpo86o1_500.gif

tumblr_lhugp95k3D1qdnyxoo1_500.png

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lgdtc52Pfe1qaa2q3o1_500.jpg

I pick a 9/11 film: The 25th Hour, a Spike Lee joint.

I wanna move it to Crime and move Kiss Kiss to Utility.

Yeah, I'd been meaning to question y'all's opinions on Your Highness, talking about how it looks good and it can't suck with a cast like that and blah, blah, blah.

Joint looked like trash the first time I saw it. :/

Yeah, I'd been meaning to question y'all's opinions on Your Highness, talking about how it looks good and it can't suck with a cast like that and blah, blah, blah.

Alright, I figure I can hold out on my action genre for a little because the last decade was ripe with them. So with this pick, I'll take what's considered the French 'Godfather.' I havent seen it listed yet in here I dont think, which is surprising. I'm shocked Illmatic hasnt taken it
laugh.gif

Un Prophete.

Won 9 French Cesar Awards (3rd most in history), nominated for 4 others (tied for most noms). Won 5 Best Foreign Films awards (also nominated at the Oscars [got robbed imo, and I like the movie it lost to] and several other award shows). Finished 2nd at the Cannes Film Festival. Simply put, one of the best films in the last decade, foreign or not.

Anyone who hasnt seen this, you're doing yourself a disservice. It moves slow at first, but once the plot and players are set, +*!* gets moving.

edit: File under Utility.

Alright, I figure I can hold out on my action genre for a little because the last decade was ripe with them. So with this pick, I'll take what's considered the French 'Godfather.' I havent seen it listed yet in here I dont think, which is surprising. I'm shocked Illmatic hasnt taken it
laugh.gif

Un Prophete.

Won 9 French Cesar Awards (3rd most in history), nominated for 4 others (tied for most noms). Won 5 Best Foreign Films awards (also nominated at the Oscars [got robbed imo, and I like the movie it lost to] and several other award shows). Finished 2nd at the Cannes Film Festival. Simply put, one of the best films in the last decade, foreign or not.

Anyone who hasnt seen this, you're doing yourself a disservice. It moves slow at first, but once the plot and players are set, +*!* gets moving.

edit: File under Utility.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Yeah, I'd been meaning to question y'all's opinions on Your Highness
MEH... It's not nearly as funny as Pineapple Express was...

Paul is a ton better, I think...

Yeah, I'd been meaning to question y'all's opinions on Your Highness
MEH... It's not nearly as funny as Pineapple Express was...

Paul is a ton better, I think...

The 1st time I heard about the film I thought it would be garbage, the trailer confirmed that thought. It will be hard for me to pay to go see it.

Kind of?
Your premise is pretty off as far as details go, it's nothing about growing up for revenge, she is a trained assassin, trying to find the woman that killed her mother. That's the plot pretty much

The 1st time I heard about the film I thought it would be garbage, the trailer confirmed that thought. It will be hard for me to pay to go see it.

Kind of?
Your premise is pretty off as far as details go, it's nothing about growing up for revenge, she is a trained assassin, trying to find the woman that killed her mother. That's the plot pretty much

I take Signs, as my thriller, and Kev takes Shudder Island as his Drama, and Prime takes United 93 as his Crime.

I take Signs, as my thriller, and Kev takes Shudder Island as his Drama, and Prime takes United 93 as his Crime.

Back
Top Bottom