Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Regardless of the genre, main fact is I didn't like the film.
laugh.gif

I questioned a lot of the genre selections, it's why I balked at Iron Man and 28 Days Later being in Science Fiction, but I enjoyed both a whole hell of a lot more than Eternal Sunshine.

Sorry I don't hold it to the same light that you guys do.
It doesn't matter if you liked the movie or not either, you're supposed to be voting on the best overall movies and Eternal Sunshine is one of the best overall movies in that category.
I asked CP how I should judge, and I asked if I could vote based on how I liked the film, he said however.

If you're going to make a list and say what's the best overall movie, why not just go to various movie databases and add up the star ratings from them than ask judges to be forced to putting a movie where they don't want to put it? If I hated a movie, and I thought it was pretentious piece of crap, why should I give it bonus points because everyone else likes it?
laugh.gif

Next time, I won't vote, no biggie.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I questioned a lot of the genre selections, it's why I balked at Iron Man and 28 Days Later being in Science Fiction, but I enjoyed both a whole hell of a lot more than Eternal Sunshine.

It doesn't matter if you liked the movie or not either, you're supposed to be voting on the best overall movies and Eternal Sunshine is one of the best overall movies in that category.

Exactly, he 'didn't like it'... so it deserves 1 point, yet around the globe its considered an amazing film...one of the best of the decade at least....but its okay, he 'didn't like it'...so that justifies it as being horrible...

Originally Posted by JPZx

Ghostbusters is a horror movie?
Yeah.

A light-hearted horror movie.
Zombieland? How is that not the same thing?

Regardless, thanks a ton for judging.
96736f7b1b3c8d12584de2d34682b95d1158dcac_r.gif

Ghostbusters has scenes in the library, and top of the building which are meant to frighten kids and youngsters. To me, that's horror. You don't have to be PG13 or R to be horror.

And Zombieland is a lot more comedy than it is horror, my whole point was who cares what IMDB says, obviously Ghostbusters is a scifi film, but it's not listed as such.

laugh.gif

Exactly, he 'didn't like it'... so it deserves 1 point, yet around the globe its considered an amazing film...one of the best of the decade at least....but its okay, he 'didn't like it'...so that justifies it as being horrible...

Ghostbusters is a horror movie?
Yeah.

A light-hearted horror movie.
Zombieland? How is that not the same thing?

Regardless, thanks a ton for judging.
96736f7b1b3c8d12584de2d34682b95d1158dcac_r.gif

Ghostbusters has scenes in the library, and top of the building which are meant to frighten kids and youngsters. To me, that's horror. You don't have to be PG13 or R to be horror.

And Zombieland is a lot more comedy than it is horror, my whole point was who cares what IMDB says, obviously Ghostbusters is a scifi film, but it's not listed as such.

laugh.gif

I asked CP how I should judge, and I asked if I could vote based on how I liked the film, he said however.

If you're going to make a list and say what's the best overall movie, why not just go to various movie databases and add up the star ratings from them than ask judges to be forced to putting a movie where they don't want to put it? If I hated a movie, and I thought it was pretentious piece of crap, why should I give it bonus points because everyone else likes it?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You clearly don't understand art.

Nah it's all good.

I'm glad I found this out before the 80s draft. I wouldn't want to take Blade Runner over Superman IV.

JA, you did fine man. Guys, you can't be harassing judges.
laugh.gif
He put a lot of thought into his system regardless of the actual results.

JA, you did fine man. Guys, you can't be harassing judges.
laugh.gif
He put a lot of thought into his system regardless of the actual results.

Nah it's all good.

I'm glad I found this out before the 80s draft. I wouldn't want to take Blade Runner over Superman IV.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You can look at a piece of film and call it art, and you can look at the same piece of film and say it's pretentious. Me? I think it's HIGHLY pretentious. I see what it's trying to do, but I don't buy it. I didn't enjoy it. I know the rest of the world did, I didn't, sorry!
laugh.gif
If I'm going to sit and dedicate my time watching a movie where I feel like I'm getting my brain prodded for 2 hours and not enjoying it, I'm not going to say it's a good film. I thought it was always trying to be more than it was, and I didn't enjoy it. Everyone and their momma did, I didn't, sorry.

Yes, select the owners that you feel have the best 10 movies.  "strongest team" so to speak.
Whatever leads you to vote a top 3-5 owners, by all means, do as you please.   

That's what CP told me, and I ranked them best as I saw them. I didn't rank them best as the rest of the world saw it, or else what would be the point in judging?

CP, just omit my votes, everyones too butthurt about it.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You can look at a piece of film and call it art, and you can look at the same piece of film and say it's pretentious. Me? I think it's HIGHLY pretentious. I see what it's trying to do, but I don't buy it. I didn't enjoy it. I know the rest of the world did, I didn't, sorry!
laugh.gif
If I'm going to sit and dedicate my time watching a movie where I feel like I'm getting my brain prodded for 2 hours and not enjoying it, I'm not going to say it's a good film. I thought it was always trying to be more than it was, and I didn't enjoy it. Everyone and their momma did, I didn't, sorry.

Yes, select the owners that you feel have the best 10 movies.  "strongest team" so to speak.
Whatever leads you to vote a top 3-5 owners, by all means, do as you please.   

That's what CP told me, and I ranked them best as I saw them. I didn't rank them best as the rest of the world saw it, or else what would be the point in judging?

CP, just omit my votes, everyones too butthurt about it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Nah it's all good.

Word...I better start researching movies that appeal to Dallas Maverick fans or NikeTalkers, instead of movies that movie buffs and artistic people would agree as incredible. Instead of Raging Bull as my first round pick, i better go with A Christmas Story...
grin.gif

Nah it's all good.

Word...I better start researching movies that appeal to Dallas Maverick fans or NikeTalkers, instead of movies that movie buffs and artistic people would agree as incredible. Instead of Raging Bull as my first round pick, i better go with A Christmas Story...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Nah it's all good.

grin.gif
Home Alone > Both of them.
pimp.gif

Johnny- Moon (14 Points) [BIg points for an actual SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE]
JRP- District 9 (13 Points)
Noskey- Pan's Labyrinth (12 Points)
Kev- 28 Days Later (lolwut?) (11 Points)
CP- Inception (10 Points)
Kool- Donnie Darko (9 Points)
MrO- Children of Men (8 Points)
Dirk- Wall-E (7 Points)
Ill- Primer (6 Points)
Venom- Book of Eli (5 Points)
Prime- Iron Man (again, lolwut?) (4 Points)
JPZ- Star Trek (3 Points)
Shaun- I am Legend (2 Points)
LTB- Eternal Sunshine (1 Point)

What I did was rank 'em based on A) How much I personally enjoyed the film, and B) How I felt the film represented the genre it's in.

You want me to go ahead and talk about why I thought each one was better than Eternal Sunshine, I will.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Nah it's all good.

grin.gif
Home Alone > Both of them.
pimp.gif

Johnny- Moon (14 Points) [BIg points for an actual SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE]
JRP- District 9 (13 Points)
Noskey- Pan's Labyrinth (12 Points)
Kev- 28 Days Later (lolwut?) (11 Points)
CP- Inception (10 Points)
Kool- Donnie Darko (9 Points)
MrO- Children of Men (8 Points)
Dirk- Wall-E (7 Points)
Ill- Primer (6 Points)
Venom- Book of Eli (5 Points)
Prime- Iron Man (again, lolwut?) (4 Points)
JPZ- Star Trek (3 Points)
Shaun- I am Legend (2 Points)
LTB- Eternal Sunshine (1 Point)

What I did was rank 'em based on A) How much I personally enjoyed the film, and B) How I felt the film represented the genre it's in.

You want me to go ahead and talk about why I thought each one was better than Eternal Sunshine, I will.

Back
Top Bottom