Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

cmon it's not THAt hard to believe he hated that movie lol. he made one controversial pick, it's not a bif deal. he been a good judge

cmon it's not THAt hard to believe he hated that movie lol. he made one controversial pick, it's not a bif deal. he been a good judge

The draft should be judged on a letter grade system that corresponds to the person's drafting position, rounds movies were selected and overall roster, not a genre by genre breakdown.

The draft should be judged on a letter grade system that corresponds to the person's drafting position, rounds movies were selected and overall roster, not a genre by genre breakdown.

I ain't been following the thread for the past month like yall have.

I didn't know how to judge, so I made a suggestion, and CP said just whatever brings me to my rank of participants.

Last time I did this no one had issues, now that I don't like a few movies, there's all this jibber jabber.
laugh.gif

How am I supposed to know who picked what where? What I used was the list CP posted a few pages back.

Not a genre by genre breakdown, but you guys gave a bunch of movies by genre.

And the thread says FAVORITE films, so that's what I took into consideration.

I would of obviously picked the "most sci-fi movie of the decade"..."movie with the most action scenes"...etc.

I thought the movie stunk, and that's why I put it so low. Not because it wasn't very well placed into science fiction.

How ironic, the website that you are referencing to listed Eternal Sunshine as the 2nd best movie of the decade...but i guess that 1 person with mixed feelings is the more important statistic you were able to observe. 
grin.gif

So, because I didn't like a film, I have to say it's the second best of the decade?
laugh.gif
Yall voting for picking movies on an overall popularity scale? I saw the movie, I thought it was pretentious, sorry, it's how I saw it.

Its a DRAFT, rounds matter.

How am I supposed to know who drafted when?

CP put up a list of who drafted what, and I ranked em.

Whatever, like I said, if yall have that big of an issue with it, omit my vote.
laugh.gif

I ain't been following the thread for the past month like yall have.

I didn't know how to judge, so I made a suggestion, and CP said just whatever brings me to my rank of participants.

Last time I did this no one had issues, now that I don't like a few movies, there's all this jibber jabber.
laugh.gif

How am I supposed to know who picked what where? What I used was the list CP posted a few pages back.

Not a genre by genre breakdown, but you guys gave a bunch of movies by genre.

And the thread says FAVORITE films, so that's what I took into consideration.

I would of obviously picked the "most sci-fi movie of the decade"..."movie with the most action scenes"...etc.

I thought the movie stunk, and that's why I put it so low. Not because it wasn't very well placed into science fiction.

How ironic, the website that you are referencing to listed Eternal Sunshine as the 2nd best movie of the decade...but i guess that 1 person with mixed feelings is the more important statistic you were able to observe. 
grin.gif

So, because I didn't like a film, I have to say it's the second best of the decade?
laugh.gif
Yall voting for picking movies on an overall popularity scale? I saw the movie, I thought it was pretentious, sorry, it's how I saw it.

Its a DRAFT, rounds matter.

How am I supposed to know who drafted when?

CP put up a list of who drafted what, and I ranked em.

Whatever, like I said, if yall have that big of an issue with it, omit my vote.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Exactly, this is what im saying. If the draft rounds dont even matter to JA, then why did we even do it? He's not taking anything into account other than his personal feelings. Its a DRAFT, rounds matter...lists matter...genres too, but not just alone. The genre-by-genre breakdown is frustrating, because if thats how we were going to be judged i would of picked totally differently.

Because thats what he seems to be highlighting as one of his biggest focal points of his judging. Its not just about MY movie, its the whole principal of the draft that just feels ruined when nothing is taken into account for other than personal feelings and the genre.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Exactly, this is what im saying. If the draft rounds dont even matter to JA, then why did we even do it? He's not taking anything into account other than his personal feelings. Its a DRAFT, rounds matter...lists matter...genres too, but not just alone. The genre-by-genre breakdown is frustrating, because if thats how we were going to be judged i would of picked totally differently.

Because thats what he seems to be highlighting as one of his biggest focal points of his judging. Its not just about MY movie, its the whole principal of the draft that just feels ruined when nothing is taken into account for other than personal feelings and the genre.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

No, everybody gave it two thumbs up. In the world.

Calling a movie pretentious is pretty funny to me. Like every writer/director is not making an effort to have his film seem more relevant or intelligent than it probably is.
http://www.metacritic.com...tic-reviews?dist=neutral

Not everyone liked it. Yall can't just let me be the 1/50 and let me be, can you?
laugh.gif
How ironic, the website that you are referencing listed Eternal Sunshine as the 2nd best movie of the decade...
but i guess that 1 person with mixed feelings is the more important statistic you were able to observe. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

No, everybody gave it two thumbs up. In the world.

Calling a movie pretentious is pretty funny to me. Like every writer/director is not making an effort to have his film seem more relevant or intelligent than it probably is.
http://www.metacritic.com...tic-reviews?dist=neutral

Not everyone liked it. Yall can't just let me be the 1/50 and let me be, can you?
laugh.gif
How ironic, the website that you are referencing listed Eternal Sunshine as the 2nd best movie of the decade...
but i guess that 1 person with mixed feelings is the more important statistic you were able to observe. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

No one is saying that we should start using expert ratings.

As I said before, I'm all for subjectivity, but there is a huge difference between picking Crash over Brokeback Mountain and judging Eternal Sunshine as the worst movie in its genre.

I'm sure there is a middle ground somewhere that is reasonable. Otherwise, the only criteria for being a judge is "likes to watch movies." That doesn't hold a lot of credibility.
ding ding ding, we have a winner
CP1708 wrote:
JA, you did fine man. Guys, you can't be harassing judges. 
laugh.gif
 He put a lot of thought into his system regardless of the actual results.

Yes they can, he put his rankings out there in the open, he wasn't required to... if you don't want people responding to your system then don't post it.
My problem with JA's approach is he put his own personal beliefs into the importance of genres, specifically that Eternal wasn't Sci-Fi enough... meanwhile no one objected to it's categorization and at least with the last draft, if IMDB listed it as such, then it was cool.

Kool is right, no one wanted use to use IMDB or a ratings website as the only source, but we expected the fellow members and judges to use not only their personal opinions but exercise critical knowledge of the films. He's allowed to hate Eternal Sunshine, no one is forcing him to like it, but for the sake of fairness... shouldn't the OVERWHELMING opinion factor in to the judges ranking? 

Speaking as both a participant and now a judge, that's how I feel. Obviously it isn't the end of the world and there are no ill feelings in this draft, it's all for fun of course.  

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

No one is saying that we should start using expert ratings.

As I said before, I'm all for subjectivity, but there is a huge difference between picking Crash over Brokeback Mountain and judging Eternal Sunshine as the worst movie in its genre.

I'm sure there is a middle ground somewhere that is reasonable. Otherwise, the only criteria for being a judge is "likes to watch movies." That doesn't hold a lot of credibility.
ding ding ding, we have a winner
CP1708 wrote:
JA, you did fine man. Guys, you can't be harassing judges. 
laugh.gif
 He put a lot of thought into his system regardless of the actual results.

Yes they can, he put his rankings out there in the open, he wasn't required to... if you don't want people responding to your system then don't post it.
My problem with JA's approach is he put his own personal beliefs into the importance of genres, specifically that Eternal wasn't Sci-Fi enough... meanwhile no one objected to it's categorization and at least with the last draft, if IMDB listed it as such, then it was cool.

Kool is right, no one wanted use to use IMDB or a ratings website as the only source, but we expected the fellow members and judges to use not only their personal opinions but exercise critical knowledge of the films. He's allowed to hate Eternal Sunshine, no one is forcing him to like it, but for the sake of fairness... shouldn't the OVERWHELMING opinion factor in to the judges ranking? 

Speaking as both a participant and now a judge, that's how I feel. Obviously it isn't the end of the world and there are no ill feelings in this draft, it's all for fun of course.  

then you should put the number pick next to the movie. I'm not going back to look at what yall picked. acting like there is a cash prize lol

then you should put the number pick next to the movie. I'm not going back to look at what yall picked. acting like there is a cash prize lol

My problem with JA's approach is he put his own personal beliefs into the importance of genres, specifically that Eternal wasn't Sci-Fi enough

Uhh, no, I thought it sucked. It just happens to be that I thought it was poorly placed too. I thought the same of Iron Man and 28 Days Later, so what?

He's allowed to hate Eternal Sunshine, no one is forcing him to like it, but for the sake of fairness... shouldn't the OVERWHELMING opinion factor in to the judges ranking?

So all consumers any kind of product should appease the masses even if they don't like it? LOLWUT.

My problem with JA's approach is he put his own personal beliefs into the importance of genres, specifically that Eternal wasn't Sci-Fi enough

Uhh, no, I thought it sucked. It just happens to be that I thought it was poorly placed too. I thought the same of Iron Man and 28 Days Later, so what?

He's allowed to hate Eternal Sunshine, no one is forcing him to like it, but for the sake of fairness... shouldn't the OVERWHELMING opinion factor in to the judges ranking?

So all consumers any kind of product should appease the masses even if they don't like it? LOLWUT.

JA, if you want to look in the OP, you can see the pick order. It's your call though man, sorry for all the hassle.
laugh.gif

JA, if you want to look in the OP, you can see the pick order. It's your call though man, sorry for all the hassle.
laugh.gif

ohhh i c. okay here is where i am confused

example- 3 people pick drama. movie a,b,c

movie a and b were picked first and second. movie c was the 70th pick and a sleeper. movie c is slightly worse than a and b

should movie c be rated higher thatn a and b?

Back
Top Bottom