Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

About to watch these two movies..

Official-Cloverfield-Movie-Poster.jpg

10-cloverfield-lane-featured.jpg

Last edited:
Purge election was meh...

central intelligence agency was decent, did its job well enough with a steady amount of laughs, but not hilarious...
Purge Election Year is my favorite of the bunch. Which is not an endorsement of the movie at all, because it was meh indeed. But it wasn't trash.

Those ******* high schoolers were killing me though. Some of the dumbest, worst acted characters I've ever seen in film.

Last edited:
It was good but just made me dawn on why I never loved that group or their story when you look at how the group ends.

Mad sad endings and ****** up situations.

^ Watched 2 episodes, was very impressed. So far has a great blend of mystery, suspense, humor. Will definitely be binging the show the next couple days.

It was good but just made me dawn on why I never loved that group or their story when you look at how the group ends.

That's the music industry though. So many stories with terrible ending and messed up situation. That's probably why there's so many biopics and docs about musicians/bands. LOL.

Was looking at IMDB and RT today, it looks like, in general, the new Ghostbusters is scoring much better with critics than fans. I guess that shouldn't be surprising, but it further my feeling of not being in any hurry to see it. The fan reviews are pretty bad for the most part (50% fresh on RT). I generally value fan reaction more than feedback from critics.

So many to choose from for there to be just one. I can't even narrow it down to whole soundtracks :lol:

All I can say is, don't sleep on David Bowie's Labrynth soundtrack.

"Live without your sunlight.......love without your heart BEAT.....I.....I. Can't. Live. Within. You."

sick.gif

How did I never notice the Craigslist Ad he places/checks responses, at the end of the movie.

Equalizer

LOL @ the idea of there being a GOAT movie song or even soundtrack. First, it's completely subjective; Second, there's way too may brilliant songs and soundtracks to pick one.

That's the music industry though. So many stories with terrible ending and messed up situation. That's probably why there's so many biopics and docs about musicians/bands. LOL.
No doubt. For rap this had such an end with a whimper ending.

But their specific endings just really hot me like :smh:

Die of aids, fade in to irrelvancy, never really run the West as a solo act after leaving ya group and transition to movies, go ghost for years and then come back with some other rappers to get hot gain.

Eh, Dre and Cube definitely have their success now but just really lost that aura.

I meand did Detox even come out? :lol:

^^^ Maybe it's because I'm older, but I remember things differently. At least in LA, Cube was revered after he left NWA and dropped Amerikkka's Most Wanted. He was the dude and did run the West, albeit briefly. And can't be mad at him that his movie career took off.

And as for Dre, he has two of the all-time best hip albums to his name. Detox be damned. Chronic and Chromic 2001 are both genius. And besides that, he put Snoop, Eminem and 50 on the map. Then, he sold his share in a headphone company for Apple for a billion $.

Dre and Cube are both living legends. Easy's passing is tragic. But as far as Dre and Cube, their post NWA careers have probably way surpassed even their wildest expectations.

He did run it but it was brief and quite frankly in this thread I'm not gonna pretend Ice Cube is a good actor or even a movie star :lol: His movies pale in comparison to his early music.

Another thing I aint want to harp on is the blatant ghost writing. It disgusted me from beginning to end. That's not the rap music I grew up on respecting. From those Nyc clowns to Cube being the author of most of the album with DOC. Ren being the only other rapper and he wasn't that good anyway and was getting help too.

As for Dre, same thing applies. He's a genius producer. That's it.

But the movie leaned more on their social impact which I did appreciate.

Last edited:
Think about giving Keanu a try..Lived the Key & Peele show so I hope this is close to being as funny..

He did run it but it was brief and quite frankly in this thread I'm not gonna pretend Ice Cube is a good actor or even a movie star :lol: His movies pale in comparison to his early music.

Another thing I aint want to harp on is the blatant ghost writing. It disgusted me from beginning to end. That's not the rap music I grew up on respecting. From those Nyc clowns to Cube being the author of most of the album with DOC. Ren being the only other rapper and he wasn't that good anyway and was getting help too.

As for Dre, same thing applies. He's a genius producer. That's it.

Yeah, I'm not nominating either Dre or Cube for GOAT rapper status. But, for me, the fact that neither of them is Rakim or Nas when it comes to writing and rapping doesn't detract from what they were able to accomplish with their careers both as part of NWA and after.

Back
Top Bottom