Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just watched The Lobster

Really strange movie but kept my attention throughout. It was super funny in a very subtle way. I wouldn't say any of the performances were great because the story asks for robot like emotions from everyone.

Actually I take that back. John C. Reily had to talk with a lisp which was :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. I was pretty much cracking up laughing throughout.

On a more serious note
I thought it was pretty interesting how they played on the whole animal theme, literally and metaphorically. The way that the humans interacted with each other REALLY reminded me of watching like animal planet or something. It was like watching penguins bumble around and not having any idea how they find a mate in the wild. I'm assuming that was the intention with the film, to draw parallels between the "civilized" human world interactions and the "wild" animal world. I haven't read up on this movie yet but I bet there are some cool theories out there.

Personally, I give it a 7/8 for the creative story, the well known actors, and the insanely good cinematography. But I could totally see how a person could hate this type of movie and consider it boring/confusing. It's def out there but I recommend giving it a try.
Is it out for streaming already?

Been wanting to watch this film since last year.

Just watched The Lobster

Really strange movie but kept my attention throughout. It was super funny in a very subtle way. I wouldn't say any of the performances were great because the story asks for robot like emotions from everyone.

Actually I take that back. John C. Reily had to talk with a lisp which was :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. I was pretty much cracking up laughing throughout.

On a more serious note
I thought it was pretty interesting how they played on the whole animal theme, literally and metaphorically. The way that the humans interacted with each other REALLY reminded me of watching like animal planet or something. It was like watching penguins bumble around and not having any idea how they find a mate in the wild. I'm assuming that was the intention with the film, to draw parallels between the "civilized" human world interactions and the "wild" animal world. I haven't read up on this movie yet but I bet there are some cool theories out there.

Personally, I give it a 7/8 for the creative story, the well known actors, and the insanely good cinematography. But I could totally see how a person could hate this type of movie and consider it boring/confusing. It's def out there but I recommend giving it a try.
Is it out for streaming already?

Been wanting to watch this film since last year.

im not sure if it's streaming yet. I caught it at the local indie flick theater in my town. I'm sure you can find it easily on some site

It's crazy how just 10 years ago, TV was seen as "inferior" to movies.

There was a stigma to being a "TV actor," but now you have a bunch of legitimate actors jumping to TV for more creative projects, easier schedules, etc.

Last edited:
A desk job is where it's at. I'm on NT more at work than at home lol

Same here. Ever since I discovered private browsing on Firefox, and also had my desk moved to a corner out of sight out of mind, I'm on NT 95% of the day :lol: .

(reported to supervisor)

You don't scare me

vzglot.gif

:wow:

I was watching some eps of Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter and the groups of guys and gals were both saying the most they've been challenged creatively and phsyically is doing tv series.

These damn movie studios want to micromanage and change everything and not let creative people flourish. They probably see original scripts and ideas and throw most of them in the garbage. They'd rather sink money into crappy remakes or sequels and hope they make some kinda profit.

You see shows like Orphan Black, Penny Dreadful, Mr. Robot that are refreshinf and great.

To be fair I don't pay enough attention to the non-big name movies that get released.

My Father spends maybe an hour per year online.

Me: Pops look at this picture and fill in the blank: *shows picture of the Movie and then shows him BFG/ Big _______ Giant. Fill in the blank Pop....

Father: " :nerd:, this is a kids Movie :lol:"

Sidenote: Feed the Beast- finally finished ep 1 after weeks of letting it play in the backdrop, on ep3 now. Show is looking like it has some potential, very Cheesy

Last edited:

Feels like I haven't posted as often but I hope to be more active and regular..

I've had my time occupied by my very awesome girlfriend the last few months.. as well as the promotion I just got at work. It's pretty legit. Huge bump in salary and benefits as well and it's been a long time coming with the amount of work I've put in

Just wanted to share with the movie fam.

Yeah a new one. The last one... that was a special one and we ended on good terms she just moved away and it wasn't mean to be.

This one is awesome, though. We just chill and drink and eat and watch movies. And she supports my obsessive sports habits too 
laugh.gif
Good stuff Big J, congrats.
nthat.gif

Your girl sounds like a keeper.

I need a woman like that in my life.

started friday night lights. halfway through season 1

riggins :smokin :smh:

minka lyla and tyra :evil:

todd from breaking bad :lol:

I was watching some eps of Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter and the groups of guys and gals were both saying the most they've been challenged creatively and physically is doing tv series.

TV Networks are providing big budgets & total creative control for writers/directors/actors, etc.. Something movie studios aren't doing anymore.

These damn movie studios want to micromanage and change everything and not let creative people flourish. They probably see original scripts and ideas and throw most of them in the garbage. They'd rather sink money into crappy remakes or sequels and hope they make some kinda profit.

You see shows like Orphan Black, Penny Dreadful, Mr. Robot that are refreshing and great.

To be fair I don't pay enough attention to the non-big name movies that get released.

And there lies the problem.

The indy and smaller movies that are posted in here definitely catch my attention but I only go to the movies maybe 3-4 times a year. Plus I don't put in the effort to find theaters where some of them are being played at.

Tardy to the party, but just watched The Adventures of Tintin...good adventure movie, Andy Serkis had some really funny moments as the voice of Haddock

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 15m15 minutes ago  East Ham, London

We just saw an extended tease of the new Rogue One trailer. We can't share just yet. But two words, Star Wars fans: Darth Vader #SWCE

:nerd:

Is penny dreadful an anthology series? I kind of know what happens in the s3 finale...accidentally read it online. Worth watching?

Not an anthology. Mos def worth watching.

Knowing the ending of the final seasonn won't stop it from being a great watch.

Oscar Isaac to Star in Steven Spielberg’s ‘Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Oscar Isaac is joining forces with Steven Spielberg. The “Star Wars” and “X-Men” actor is currently in talks to star in the director’s “The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara” for Amblin Entertainment.

Isaac will star opposite Oscar-winner Mark Rylance, a Spielberg favorite recently (“Bridge of Spies,” “The BFG”), in the religious drama. Spielberg would shoot “Edgardo” in the first quarter of 2017 after he finishes “Ready Player One.”

Tony Kushner is adapting the script based on David Kertzer’s novel.

“Edgardo Mortara” tells the story of a young Jewish boy in Bologna, Italy in 1858 who, having been secretly baptized, is forcibly taken from his family to be raised as a Christian. His parents’ struggle to free their son becomes part of a larger political battle that pits the Papacy against forces of democracy and Italian unification.

Isaac’s role in the film, produced by Marc Platt and Kristie Macosko Krieger, isn’t known.

Spielberg has been attached to “Edgardo” for some time. According to insiders, he decided to make it his next movie after “Ready Player One” after being impressed by Kushner’s script.

In addition to high-profile tentpoles, Isaac’s impressive resume includes heralded indies like “Ex-Machina,” “A Most Violent Year” and “Inside Llewyn Davis.”

His 2015 included the HBO limited series “Show Me a Hero,” which, despite his Emmy snub, won him a Golden Globe in January. He next stars in Terry George’s “The Promise,” which is looking at a possible festival run in the fall.

Isaac also recently wrapped production on Alex Garland’s “Annihilation” as well as “Star Wars VIII”, both of which open in 2017. He is repped by UTA and Inspire Entertainment.

:pimp:

Saw Ghostbusters 5/8 for me. Some laughs. Cool ghosts. Weak villain though that's gotta be someone's nephew or something...

Back
Top Bottom