Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Heath's Joker is :pimp: in my eyes because he was menacing as hell. Wouldn't like to meet him anywhere.

Also loved how they had him moving thru the movie like the shark from Jaws. Scenes would be going on and he'd just pop up, do his thing then leave. And he really felt like the anthesis of that Batman.

Crime Boss/Hood Joker feels off to me. I think they need to focus more on his insanity in a movie fully focused on him.

^ Good points. I was still in HS when TDK released, so I didn't understand the underlying themes.

What made him compelling to me --

1) Dude always made it seem like he was doing things on the fly when he was actually planning everything in advance. It was very tough to see Bat-Bale out of his element and essentially playing catch up throughout TDK. Joker was in control from the very start, which made me think he's much smarter than Bat-Bale.

2) His interrogation scene with Bat-Bale actually had me agreeing with him -- Batman is really as much of a freak as Joker is, people "are only as good as the world allows them to be", etc.

3) Joker turned Dent heel through constant pushing/driving him crazy -- pure evil and manipulation that is very unsettling to see as the movie unfolds.
the interrogation scene was one of the greatest scenes of the movie. when he laughs at bats and says 'you have nothing to threaten me. nothing to do with all your strength.' for that moment, joker made bats a basic man. he had no out. rachelle dies in the next scene and breaks a part of bats and and just about turns harvey mad.

heath brought the joker to life. the writers wrote some of the greatest lines for him. most of the movie is filled with quotes that you can literally do a double take and say 'hes right'. the scary part is that he was right up until the boat scene. he had no qualms about glory. he just wanted to remove rules to show the true nature of society. my favorite movie of all time. would of been amazing like posted above if heath and nolan would of tackled the killing joke. could have been another masterpiece
tired.gif
The interesting thing about the boat scene: Joker thought that Gotham's people would kill each other, but none of the bombs went off (implying that the people still had good in them and weren't "corruptible").

But dude already had a back-up detonator to blow up both boats. He was gonna make sure they died one way or the other. Truly a psychopath who wanted "to see the world burn."

Last edited:
To me the DCCU is failing to build relationships. They're just throwing highlight reels from characters instead of establishing things. They need to slow it down and actually formulate the big picture. Not just well Batman forms the Justice League they're the good guys, they fight this big bad guy, and win, the end...

Nolan understood that.

Snyder I think needs to iron out some details and let everyone know the whole point not just cherry pick storylines and call it a universe.

To me the DCCU is failing to build relationships. They're just throwing highlight reels from characters instead of establishing things. They need to slow it down and actually formulate the big picture. Not just well Batman forms the Justice League they're the good guys, they fight this big bad guy, and win, the end...

Nolan understood that.

Snyder I think needs to iron out some details and let everyone know the whole point not just cherry pick storylines and call it a universe.

Locke 5.8/8

For a movie consisting of a guy driving on the highway talking on the phone I liked it. It becomes the viewer, Locke, and the story and it's a good one. Dude ****** up his life with one mistake and they really hit home how he tried to manage that and persevere to still be the type of man that does the right thing.

Only thing is if I had written/directed it I would be want for the knife twist in the end where ol girl does with the baby and Locke told the truth all for nothing. Thematically though that couldn't happen given the issues with his father.

On to Bronson :smokin

Nolan understood that.

STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE

So on point.

Last edited:
The Nice Guys, :lol: :lol: :lol:. What an enjoyable watch the night after Suicide Squad.

7/8

Last edited:
Bronson was a straight what the **** movie. Dude reminded me of the crazy twin in Legend x10 on bath salts but even more disturbed.

He barely had any chill.

The movie itself had a really good soundtrack/score but story itself was weird and ****** up in a bad way. Now if it's all based on a true story can't blame the writer for sticking to the truth but damn it could be slowed down a bit. Only other complaint would be the pacing or how time seemed to progress as it skipped to one to the next in a fast pace choppy way. Should've showed him fight the dogs for instance. Its like a signature style so I was not use to it, wouldn't say it was bad for a 90 min movie though. Cuz of the style I didn't get to take in the endless amount of years spent in solitary. He was crazy going in and it's like most ppl would go insane but it didn't affect his crazy at all. Just went back to fighting like a madman.

The way the movie is shot is very sleek and cool, dope visuals, real nice scenes but it's like the story was not worthy of the cinematography :lol:

5.6/8

This Refn directing and it's early work so interesting and makes sense this was where his aesthetics and directorial choices were at in 2008. One way it's like duh of course it's him and the other I would not have been able to tell.

Bronson was a straight what the **** movie. Dude reminded me of the crazy twin in Legend x10 on bath salts but even more disturbed.

He barely had any chill.

The movie itself had a really good soundtrack/score but story itself was weird and ****** up in a bad way. Now if it's all based on a true story can't blame the writer for sticking to the truth but damn it could be slowed down a bit. Only other complaint would be the pacing or how time seemed to progress as it skipped to one to the next in a fast pace choppy way. Should've showed him fight the dogs for instance. Its like a signature style so I was not use to it, wouldn't say it was bad for a 90 min movie though. Cuz of the style I didn't get to take in the endless amount of years spent in solitary. He was crazy going in and it's like most ppl would go insane but it didn't affect his crazy at all. Just went back to fighting like a madman.

The way the movie is shot is very sleek and cool, dope visuals, real nice scenes but it's like the story was not worthy of the cinematography
laugh.gif

5.6/8

This Refn directing and it's early work so interesting and makes sense this was where his aesthetics and directorial choices were at in 2008. One way it's like duh of course it's him and the other I would not have been able to tell.
Enjoyed Locke and I love Bronson. Tom Hardy marathon?

It just happened that way.

I put off Locke for too long and then Bronson just kinda popped up.

Def worth it. I tend to always enjoy Hardy movies, especially the ones not American based cuz they always have a unique and different feel.

Youth 5.9/8

Got a little artsy at parts but I enjoyed it. Kietel and Caine are great. Weisz is good as expected. Fonda brought a nice change of pace and attitude to the movie.

I totally want to see Dano play Hitler now or maybe just a guy that looks and dresses like him in the modern day :lol:

Parts of this reminded me of the Lobster like the silent old couple :lol:

Lovely ending with a sad last act.

Watching Youth. Pretty good so far.

:smokin Paolo Sorrentino:smokin
Didn't know/forgot he directed it but :pimp:

Still haven't found a place I can watch This Must Be The Place.

Suicide Squad was decent at best IMO. Like, so much of it was just Will Smith being the conflicted, misunderstood anti-hero, that it really overshadowed everyone else. Didnt care for the love story between Flag and June, they could have easily just not had that in there and saved some time. The visuals were pretty good though, good action sequences for the most part. Overall, it was an enjoyable, if not challenging, popcorn movie, with a few cliches and stereotypes that really take you out of the film at certain points.

Like, being generous, I'd give it a 4.25/8. Hit about as average a superhero/villain movie you can get.

Suicide Squad was decent at best IMO. Like, so much of it was just Will Smith being the conflicted, misunderstood anti-hero, that it really overshadowed everyone else. Didnt care for the love story between Flag and June, they could have easily just not had that in there and saved some time. The visuals were pretty good though, good action sequences for the most part. Overall, it was an enjoyable, if not challenging, popcorn movie, with a few cliches and stereotypes that really take you out of the film at certain points.

Like, being generous, I'd give it a 4.25/8. Hit about as average a superhero/villain movie you can get.

Man movie was trash. 4/8

Can't even write out all the things that were garbage about it. It was just bad. That is all.

Dr. Brown's speech at the Pep Rally on Vice Principals
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Show started out just being something I put on and let play in the background.

It has some good characters and is actually quite funny.

Dr. Brown went in at the pep rally.

Her sonning the other principal and her pancake ******* (
sick.gif
) during the game was comedy.

Not completely movie/TV related, but for the other Harry Potter fans on here, I read the novelization of the new play - Harry Potter and The Cursed Child - and thoroughly enjoyed it. Finished the whole thing in about 3.5 hours today. Goes really fast because it is written as a play (which also took a little getting used to for me). Creative story, with some new themes, but also takes you right back to all the stuff about HP that people love. I normally am not big on plays, but I will absolutely will try to see this if it ever comes to Los Angeles.

The opening scene of Drive is just sick.

The sound is amazing. And when the song hits, and the Pink cursive credits begin to roll, I'm sold every time.

HBO streaming Oz? I've always wanted to check it out...

The opening scene of Drive is just sick.

The sound is amazing. And when the song hits, and the Pink cursive credits begin to roll, I'm sold every time.

Drive was awesome from top to bottom. And then you see Only God Forgives and can only:smh: .

Back
Top Bottom