Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Is it me or does the new Power Rangers movie remind you of Chronicle?
PR does remind me of Chronicle but I'm liking what I saw so far.
Posted in the PR thread that apparently early on Saban hired one of the writers of Chronicle (don't know If it was Landis or Trank) to write the PR movie, then fired him and hired somebody else but the movie is still close to the first script.

Live action Aladdin directed by Guy Ritchie?!?! :x :rolleyes

Ummmm, ok...

That is weird. Of all people, Guy Ritchie?
I think it'll be funny.

In my mind, I'm thinking the guy who directed RockNRolla, Sherlock Holmes, Snatch, Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels is about to direct Aladdin.

I do not hold much long lasting nostaligia for it so I don't care how it turns out as long as it's entertaining. The animated movie is trapped in Amber for me and I know Ritchie's version won't be a forced copy of that :lol:

half an hour in. like Defoe just for being in it and I like the dead colours of the movie

Insecure kind of killed it.
Premise is definitely needed, I'm shocked it got picked up.

Was reading the "info" on the guide and no lie when I read "after her 29th B-Day Issa Dee reconsiders her relationship with her live-in boyfriend": I did not think it was going to be about Black Women and their navigation of workdays and everyday issues.

Thought it was another show about White people and recycled storylines with the new "cute-funny" Caucasian female lead.
Show is sharp.

Last edited:
Is it me or does the new Power Rangers movie remind you of Chronicle?
PR does remind me of Chronicle but I'm liking what I saw so far.
Posted in the PR thread that apparently early on Saban hired one of the writers of Chronicle (don't know If it was Landis or Trank) to write the PR movie, then fired him and hired somebody else but the movie is still close to the first script.

Live action Aladdin directed by Guy Ritchie?!?! :x :rolleyes

Ummmm, ok...

That is weird. Of all people, Guy Ritchie?
I think it'll be funny.

In my mind, I'm thinking the guy who directed RockNRolla, Sherlock Holmes, Snatch, Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels is about to direct Aladdin.

I do not hold much long lasting nostaligia for it so I don't care how it turns out as long as it's entertaining. The animated movie is trapped in Amber for me and I know Ritchie's version won't be a forced copy of that :lol:

I love Guy Ritchie but you can't say you didn't double take at hearing that news. I think it can either be great or bad. And you're right, I still have the og Disney cartoon if they fail.

And speaking of Max Landis:

Max Landis Isn’t Happy About the ‘Power Rangers’ Trailer: ‘It Appears They Made Chronicle’

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/max-landis-power-rangers-trailer-chronicle-1201735122/
"Lest you forget for one moment that no franchise is safe from the reboot treatment, the new “Power Rangers” trailer was released over the weekend. Among those who took notice is screenwriter and pro-wrestling enthusiast Max Landis, who appears to have confirmed rumors that he was attached to the project by tweeting his displeasure at the direction it’s taken in his absence: “I wrote a silly, fun, goofy retro teen action adventure movie,” he wrote. “They fired me, and five or so writers later, it appears they made Chronicle.”

Landis first made a name for himself with “Chronicle,” a low-budget superhero movie in the found-footage format. As is his wont, the screenwriter (whose credits also include “American Ultra” and “Victor Frankenstein”) didn’t confine himself to just one tweet: “Yeah, it appears they hired the writer of Chronicle and he wrote a Power Rangers movie, so they fired him and made Chronicle instead,” he added."

Last edited:
Peeped the first episode of Insecure today & I liked it.

Was hesitant to even give it a go because from the previews I didn't think it would adhere to the type of comedies I find funny but I'm glad I did.

Those bad *** kids in the opening scene were roasting ol' girl over an open flame :rofl:

Straight ruthless :lol:

I caught the ending.. will definitely check it out later when I get some time..

Another airing was coming on.. but had to catch the 2nd epsisode of westworld

Last edited:
I'm so interested in Every Westworld character that I have seen.
pimp.gif

I'm so interested in Every Westworld character that I have seen.:pimp:

So much they can do..

Love that and all Atlanta right now

Went through Luke cage weekend it came out.. waiting for season to end for 'you're the worst' then I'll catch ch up

I'm so interested in Every Westworld character that I have seen.
pimp.gif
So much they can do..

Love that and all Atlanta right now

Went through Luke cage weekend it came out.. waiting for season to end for 'you're the worst' then I'll catch ch up
Yes there is a ton they can do with WestWorld.

Did you watch EASY on Netflix.?

Quick watch, very dope adult series. 8 eps 30min

I haven't got to watch ATLANTA yet, can't wait.

I plan on getting on that as soon as I finish Luke Cage.

Watch EASY though if you haven't, it's greatness.

Last edited:
Just got back from Birth of a Nation, powerful film, Nate did a really good adaptation of Nat Turner's story. Some parts were hard to watch, but it was necessary, hopefully more people become aware of his story. 7/8

The Accountant is getting TRASHED by critics :wow: :smh:

I'm still going to watch and come up with my own review because Ive been interested in this since the first trailer, but damn its disappointing to see. :smh:

Knew it was too good to be true. I figured once Affleck started letting the choppa go in the trailers that it'd devolve in the 3rd act and disappoint. Will also see it and decide for sure, but I'm not expecting anything great.

First trailer had me so hyped though, the cast and idea of the plot were looking like a world beater.

Back
Top Bottom