Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:smh: :smh: :smh: @ the Jason Bourne slander I'm witnessing.

The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy are both excellence!

The Bourne Ultimatum is great.

It's one of my life goals to make sure @Master Zik watches at least one FF film.

laugh.gif

FF 1 was the best. 5 was good. The rest are throw away mindless action. Certainly nothing wrong with that, I'm a guy, I love most action flicks but I can't say they were good.

1st Bourne was good, the rest were the same story but slightly more boring. Kinda like when the Sean Connery bond movies got to like the 4th one, they are so over the top yet predictable, you don't even consider them good anymore but you still watch outta nostalgia.

John Wick was outstanding. Jack Reacher was outstanding.

That's my stance

It's one of my life goals to make sure @Master Zik
watches at least one FF film.

:lol:
Hope you live long b :lol:

Never watched one in its entirety. Not even sure anymore but probably the one with the Rock (I guess the first time he showed up?) or Misandei I've seen the most of and it was usually just action scenes.

Last edited:
reacher built up the whole movie to what one expected a :wow: ending and it was a bum fight in rain in a construction site. lame mane. ill give the 2nd one a try though.

That is correct :lol:

Is there a consensus on the best Bourne movie? I re-watched them leading up to Jason Bourne. I lean towards Supremacy.

Yeah I like Supremacy the best.

That's the 2nd one right?

Wick was a great pop corn action flick. Reacher was above average that might've been poor if another actor was the lead.

The Bourne Supremacy was the best of the original trilogy. Although the others were solid action flicks, the theme got really repetitive. Unrelated to the movies, I lost a lot of respect for Matt with his criticisms about guns yet makes a living doing movies with guns... :smh:

Is it me or does the new Power Rangers movie remind you of Chronicle?

PR does remind me of Chronicle but I'm liking what I saw so far. If it was goofy like the OG movie, I'd be turned off.

I always thought Wick vs Equalizer would be the movies go "If you saw one, you don't need to see the other."

I liked both but Wick > Equalizer.

Last edited:
I definitely liked Wick more than Equalizer.

Speaking of Denzel & Fuqua... Did anyone see Magnificent Seven? Was it solid?

I could care less, but my son wants to see PR bad so I guess I'll be taking him to catch it in theaters...

My son & father-inlaw have a tradition of going to the movies at least once every 2 weeks... The new Reacher movie will be their next flick...

Last edited:
Live action Aladdin directed by Guy Ritchie?!?! :x :rolleyes

Ummmm, ok...

That is weird. Of all people, Guy Ritchie?

IKR?!?!?!

They're keeping the musical elements to. John August wrote the script... Among his stuff is Corpse Bride, Big Fish, Titan AE, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory (Depp version), Charlie's Angels Full Throttle...

Just seems like a weird remake to do...

Last edited:
^^^ Very weird. But I suppose the bright side way to look at it is that, with those elements, it's likely to be much different than the cartoon. The last thing I'd want to see is another actor doing a half-***, live action impression of Robin William's genie...though I'd imagine Genie is going to end up being CGI.

To try & come up with a unique performance under the shadow of Robin Williams will be tough...

If Leto can do a decent turn at Joker under the shadow of Ledger, I guess another actor can do the Genie...

Man, I'm geeked for the Iron Fist Netflix series... They've done such a great job with their Marvel properties. It more than makes up for the crappy avenger, iron man, x-men, wolverine movies...

John Wick: Chapter 2 takes place four days after first film, features way more assassins

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/8/13212688/john-wick-chapter-2-nycc-panel

Warning: This story contains some spoilers for events in John Wick: Chapter 2. If you’re trying to avoid any information about the film until it’s released, turn back now.

After assassin extraordinaire John Wick was left barely breathing in the first film, director Chad Stahelski and writer Derek Kolstad decided to send him to Rome — after just four days of recovery.

During the panel for John Wick: Chapter 2 at New York Comic Con, Stahelski and Kolstad — joined by actors Keanu Reeves, Common and Ian McShane — spoke about what people could expect from the highly-anticipated sequel. The film, which has been shrouded in mystery since production began, focuses on an entirely new group of assassins that Wick will have to either team up with or kill.

"The list of assassins just keeps growing," Stahelski said. "We’ve brought on Common and Ruby Rose, for example, but everyone involved kind of just leads Wick to Laurence Fishburne’s character."

The inclusion of Fishburne is something that’s been 17 years in the making, according to Reeves and Stahelski. Both started working on the concept for John Wick during production on The Matrix. After the first John Wick was released in 2014, Fishburne approached Reeves at a party and said that he enjoyed the film and would love to be a part of it if the opportunity ever arose.

"It was one of those ‘oh really?’ moments where I immediately told Chad that Laurence was interested," Reeves said.

"When we started writing the film, it was on the set of The Matrix and so the role that he has in the movie was intentionally written with him in mind as the character," Stahelski added. "We don’t want people thinking we wrote him in at the last minute. This is something we have wanted to see happen for years."

Despite Fishburne’s appearance in the movie, there’s still much about his character that is unknown. Stahelski and Reeves did say that he was "somewhat of an ally" to Wick, but wouldn’t go into much more detail. Common’s character, on the other hand, is someone that Wick will have to go toe-to-toe with over the course of the movie. Despite their multiple attempts to kill one another, however, they’re not exactly enemies.

"My character isn’t necessarily a villain," Common said.

"It’s all over a disagreement," Reeves added. "We have different points of view on ... something."

As a newcomer to the series, Common said that he was excited to join a franchise that had everything he wanted in movies and thrilled to work with people that made "really cool ****." Working with Reeves, however, was a learning experience that the actor added he’ll always carry with him as he moves onto other projects.

"Working with Keanu ...his intensity, his drive ... I love being in the scene with him," Common said. "We're both competing, you know, but this is the champ. This is the guy. You're reaching for the champ when you're working with Keanu."

While Reeves is happy to be back in the suit — something that he thanked fans for at the beginning of the panel — the biggest question people had for him was whether or not his newest canine companion lives or dies. According to producer Basil Iwanyk, audiences would have to wait and see to find out if the dog makes it to the end of the movie.

John Wick 2 hits theaters Feb. 10, 2017.

Also:

John Wick 3 is already in development
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/10/13227214/john-wick-3-nycc

after backlash of maybe having white actors in the live action Mulan, Disney promises having all asian actors.

I guess its time for me to see John Wick for the first time then right?

Back
Top Bottom