Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Suicide Squad was terrible.

If you posted that in the ss thread people who liked the movie would be butthurt and tell you not to post your hater negativity marvel fanboyism in there and make your own thread if you didn't like it.

All of this!

Me in the DCEU thread: I thought the movie was trash. I expected it to be good.

Herbs in the thread: YOU ARE JUST A MARVEL SHEEP, hater, why don't you shut up and get a life instead of trolling in this thread! Biased!

Knocking movies off my to do list I saw Ida two days ago. The Polish B&W movie with a aspect ratio of 1.33:1. Different from modern movies. Great movie that has a lot of emptiness in the shots. If you can watch it with the original subtitles. They are placed all over the screen instead of the the traditional bottom of the screen. John Wick has a similar thing going 6.75/8

Onto John Wick. Dope movie. I'm glad that I saw it by myself because it's the perfect movie that I'll have to explain what's going on when I'm watching it for the first time smh. Coins, reservations and what not. Love those movies that you have to pick up on. 7/8

Now you see me 2; I thought the movie ended at one point when it was only halfway done. Meh. The visual effects weren't top ILM but it got the job done. 5/8

Loved The Accountant. So much fun. Exactly what I expected after seeing the first preview (which I loved)

It certainly could have gone deeper. It could have been more mind screwy, but they kept it simple, even tho it was still layered.

It's not memorable, ala Wick, won't take off like Wick did, but it was a solid film that I'll re-watch a few times and still enjoy it.

It COULD sequel/prequel, but I doubt they'll go that far. Ben will be busy with Batman projects for a while so this will probably stay as a one off, and that's fine.

Critics should hang themselves.

Really happy that it seems you guys are liking the film. Critics are seriously unreliable for personal tastes. I enjoy the popcorn flicks just as much as the next person, but not everything has to be There Will Be Blood.

I love some damn Pixar movies, I swear. Still don't see the need for another full Toy Story movie, but I'm glad it's happening.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot was better than I thought it'd be and different.

They got a lot of big names to play some eh roles.

One thing it sorley is lacking is Margot Robbie's loose character doesn't have a real good sex scene. I ain't even get some side boon or a lesbian scene with Tina or that hot Afghan (allgedly) chick.

It's one of those movies that is labeled a comedy but is more than that. 5.7/8

Did anyone on here actually see the Ghostbusters reboot? Don't remember anyone mentioning it on here before.

Agreed, I was really surprised how much I liked it. Good to see Fey in a more serious role but still naturally funny in it.

Did anyone on here actually see the Ghostbusters reboot? Don't remember anyone mentioning it on here before.

Mentioned it a few days ago, wasn't my cup of tea. I will watch it again one day with a more honest expectation and possibly find an appreciation for it.

Agreed, I was really surprised how much I liked it. Good to see Fey in a more serious role but still naturally funny in it.
I kinda felt that way before but this movie confirmed for me that I'd like to see Fey do more serious/drama roles.

Not saying she'll be as good but there's a Steve Carrell potential there I think.

Last edited:
Have you seen This is Where I Leave You???? If not, do so. Great cast, awesome movie. Re-watchable as any, like bein a part of the family. She's great in that as well.

Emily Blunt hosting SNL
pimp.gif
 (Colin Jost rocking the White Surpeme V's
nthat.gif
)

Last edited:
Have you seen This is Where I Leave You???? If not, do so. Great cast, awesome movie. Re-watchable as any, like bein a part of the family. She's great in that as well.
If that's the one where the dad dies, they do that Jewish all staying in the house sitting accepting condolences with Jane Fonda's nice **** then yeah I saw it.

I recall Fey being good in that as well alongside Bateman. I'd like to see her get bigger parts in roles like that.

Back
Top Bottom