Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

If anyone has the time, do any of you have any additional suggestions for mystery (whydunit) films? Possibly with a sci-fi theme? I'm probably going to re-watch Third Man and The Maltese Falcon, but I'm looking for something more recent. I've already wrapped up watching all of Blake Snyder's suggestions (Brick, All The President's MenChinatown, Blade RunnerFargo & Mystic River).
Thanks in advance.

If anyone has the time, do any of you have any additional suggestions for mystery (whydunit) films? Possibly with a sci-fi theme? I'm probably going to re-watch Third Man and The Maltese Falcon, but I'm looking for something more recent. I've already wrapped up watching all of Blake Snyder's suggestions (Brick, All The President's MenChinatown, Blade RunnerFargo & Mystic River).
Thanks in advance.

Don't bother with Maltese, I didn't like it at all, and he was a PI. I thought you wanted just regular dudes investigating?

Don't bother with Maltese, I didn't like it at all, and he was a PI. I thought you wanted just regular dudes investigating?

I was gonna take Once Upon A Time in america...I cannot believe that got taken right before me, i feel like CP from the 2000's draft
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

I'll have to go with another classic.

a_christmas_story.jpg

A Christmas Story, Comedy. 
smokin.gif

I was gonna take Once Upon A Time in america...I cannot believe that got taken right before me, i feel like CP from the 2000's draft
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

I'll have to go with another classic.

a_christmas_story.jpg

A Christmas Story, Comedy. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yeah, but I'm at the point where any mystery will do. Whydunit films with a protagonist w/o any type of background in investigating are few and far between.
I love that Blade Runner was taken early in the draft. And I just have to mention, Rutger Hauer basically took that movie from a solid film to a Sci-Fi cult classic.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yeah, but I'm at the point where any mystery will do. Whydunit films with a protagonist w/o any type of background in investigating are few and far between.
I love that Blade Runner was taken early in the draft. And I just have to mention, Rutger Hauer basically took that movie from a solid film to a Sci-Fi cult classic.

Did I read somewhere they kind of backed into Renner because everyone else they wanted was either too much a star for the part or refused to read?

Did I read somewhere they kind of backed into Renner because everyone else they wanted was either too much a star for the part or refused to read?

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Thanks in advance.
The Gift, Gosford Park, The Spiral Staircase, And Then There Were None.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Thanks in advance.
The Gift, Gosford Park, The Spiral Staircase, And Then There Were None.

Dirk, LTB is workin on his pick as we speak. Johnny, I got you man, you'll be covered either tonight or first thing AM.

Dirk, LTB is workin on his pick as we speak. Johnny, I got you man, you'll be covered either tonight or first thing AM.

Not much great crime movies to choose from for the 80's...but this ones Spike Lee's best movie, so ill go with it. 
DoTheRightThingRadioMookie.jpg

Do The Right Thing, Crime. 
pimp.gif

Not much great crime movies to choose from for the 80's...but this ones Spike Lee's best movie, so ill go with it. 
DoTheRightThingRadioMookie.jpg

Do The Right Thing, Crime. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

That'd make sense. I loved the first one and the third, but that casting feels wrong. Renner would be the bad guy, before he'd be the guy.
Maybe a trailer'll pull me.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom