Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^ I still expect some Edgar Wrightisms in that movie trailer :lol:

Looks cool though. Star studded cast revolving around a nobody. Lily James :evil:

Been watching Feud: Bette & Joan on FX. Its really good. Enjoying it as a period piece. Sarandon actually looks a bit like Bette Davis.

I tend to catch it the next day given how packed Sunday nights are.

shogun shogun Like I been saying Kidman been growing on me the past few months with the movies and now shows I've seen her in.

She looks like she'd take it hard doggie and tell you not to pull out.

Laura Dern :evil: Show made her sexy.

Last edited:
F&F 22 in 2031 :pimp:

Might be the Slow and Arthritic franchise by then

saw kong , get out and logan.

-kong was surprisingly good. enjoyed sam jacks character. like a negative nick fury 7 / 10
-get out , with all the hype and talk , still surprised me in a good way. hell of a story 8 / 10
- fell asleep during the first 5 minutes and somewhere in the middle but this flick still was amazing, even got me in the feels. not sure what they'll do with x23 but I'd watch if there was more 9 / 10 .

I'd give logan a solid 5.5/8

Completely agree with what comicbookgirl19 said.. movie was a great step for fox in the right direction

But I feel like the ending didn't deliver like it should have.. the very very very ending was touching and fitting though

Movie was super depressing

From when they got to the mountain and Logan saw how it was a bunch of scared kids with zero real leadership

That should have been the realization he needed to step into the professor X role.. and would have given him the redemption from everything alluded too and that happened in the film.. he shouldn't have been sleep for 3 days and then one of the kids giving him a glorified vitamin S

Just felt like they could have easily handled that better.. also would have loved if fincher or maybe even aronofsky handle this

Last edited:
Wow, 5.5 b? You buggin :lol:

Yes it was super sad and depressing and really had no hope to it and the ending could've been better but the overall movie like you say was great.

saw kong , get out and logan.

-kong was surprisingly good. enjoyed sam jacks character. like a negative nick fury 7 / 10
-get out , with all the hype and talk , still surprised me in a good way. hell of a story 8 / 10
- fell asleep during the first 5 minutes and somewhere in the middle but this flick still was amazing, even got me in the feels. not sure what they'll do with x23 but I'd watch if there was more 9 / 10 .

I think it was a great step for fox.. I don't think it was a great movie

Could have been, pieces were there.. and we've seen similar movies legit deliver

It tried to be no country for old men, but dude ain't no where near the director that the coen bros are..

and that movie was really about the sheriff coming to the realization he ain't bout that life.. and unstoppable force.. and a dude in way over his head getting a ton of ppl killed

In logan, the professor was seeking some form of redemption the whole damn movie and trying to get logan to buy in.. we've seen movies with that basic concept deliver.. I just felt this built up and didn't come through

See rogue one, that movie delivered

Last edited:
I don't see the the No Country For Old Men comparison at all

Just talking depressing/bleak movies

Movie needed to be T2 or rogue one.. helll, saving private Ryan

Or even comparing the story arcs of black swan vs requiem for a dream

EDIT:
Unforgiven is another movie they could have looked at

Last edited:
So would you at least say it's a good movie? :lol:

Cuz that rating is closer to the score I gave to BvS and iirc slightly higher than my MoS rating (not saying we all have to rate the same but just saying).

Last edited:
I think it's worth a watch.. I don't think it's a bad movie and not trying to give that indication.. up until they get to the part when he passes out and she gets him to the mountain I would have had it at just under 7/8 at least a 6.5

I look at it kinda like first class, where if you isolate the magneto storyline, it's a great movie.. professor stuff is really good, the Raven stuff wasn't needed.. but then you have other stuff thrown in

The wolverine also had the same issue closing in my opinion.. but logan was better up until fumbling the ending

BVS I think I had at 3.5

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom