Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching it right now.

15 min in and it seems like an Oscar worthy performance by James :lol:

I was right about one assumption though. Tommy would be super annoying to be around for an extended period.

Son said he from Norleans though :rofl:
He's so over the top, yet I feel like he was STILL downplaying how Tommy was IRL :lol:

The Disaster Artist 7.3/8

Funniest movie I've seen all year. The absurdity was at absurd levels. If you want to see a whack job on screen making an *** of himself while wanting to be taken seriously for almost 2 hrs, The Disaster Artist is a must watch :lol:

That nude sex scene, the extreme heat no water scene, etc. :lol:

I just realized/found out Franco also directed this. I watched a Seth Rogen interview like last week and he said James Franco stayed in character as Tommy for the entire shoot.

So basically, Franco portraying Wisseau directed this movie :lol: Now I'm wondering why it wasn't almost as bad as The Room.

I've tried but I can't do the whole film man.
That was my similar feeling. Over a decade ago I heard about this movie and tried to watch it and couldn't get through it.

In The Disaster Artist they depict the premiere with audience slowly but eventually see it this as a comedy. All I ever heard about this was it was amazingly bad. Never approached it as a comedy.

Watching it and the way it looked felt like those movies they'd show from 1-5am on broadcast channels. Just weird obscure straight to vhs type movies :lol:

Saw Coco today.

Such an amazing movie.

Hit me right in the feels.

Hold up, how you gonna blame him for being cast for a white role in a Chinese movie? Unless he cast himself and changed the character from Asian to white.

Um yeah... that was quite obviously a money grab & he’s smart enough to know a white character in a period peice about defending the wall was historically inaccurate & then his explanation in pressers for the flick made him come off even worse. He’s a prievlaged POS... He comes across now like the dbag long haired dude in the bar scene of good will hunting...

Um yeah... that was quite obviously a money grab & he’s smart enough to know a white character in a period peice about defending the wall was historically inaccurate & then his explanation in pressers for the flick made him come off even worse. He’s a prievlaged POS... He comes across now like the dbag long haired dude in the bar scene of good will hunting...

The film is about fighting a dragon, of course it’s not gonna be all historically accurate. Plus China has been involved in trade for hundreds of years, foreigners have passed through there. If you’re gonna be jimmy rustled at him then be mad at the studio as well for putting him in because he has a big name. American movies put in random Asian characters to get Asian markets interested as well.

This is not a personal Dig at you but your post was full of ignorance. Not sure if you’re just young or something. I’m not going to go back & forth on this but actress Constance Wu summed up damon’s casting in the movie perfectly. If you care to, do your “googles” & read.

How is it ignorant to ask why you’re mad at the actor who was cast and not at the Chinese studio who co-produced it and the Chinese director? Plus it’s not whitewashing the role since the character was white and they cast a white actor.

Bright 3/8
Good concept but I think they should have took a little bit longer to flesh out the world and characters.

Last edited:
Bright looks like a rip off of the old fox show Alien Nation...

My god daughters hadn’t seen Last Jedi yet so I took them to see it. This was my son & I’s second time seeing it.

I liked it just as much as I did the first time. My god daughters didn’t like the Jedi myths destroyed & how Luke was portrayed. All the funny bits got laughs & good applause at the end...

I kinda liked Bright. It had some corny moments but some good things.

Will cussed about 99999 more times than I've heard him cuss before. That was cool.

There were a couple predictable parts but I found myself cheering at the end.

Hard to rate it because I feel like it wasn't THAT good, but everyone should see it :lol:

Imma give it a 5.6/8

Yeah Bright isn't great, but it's good fantasy. Reviewers were either licking their chops beforehand to crush this thing, or refused to buy into the world.

What should I watch next/tomrrow?:

Darkest Hour
Downsizing
Jumanji
The Post
Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri
Call Me By Your Name
Ladybird
The Shape of Water
I, Tonya

:nerd:

Last edited:
I thought Jumanji was ok. Nothing too special.

Villain was weak and ending was anticlimactic for me. Never really felt like any of them were in danger.

I did laugh at most of the jokes. Nebula was just too pretty in the film.

Back
Top Bottom