Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The first Sicario was a drama with some action... This one looks like they made an action flick. Looks good though. Gonna have to take the father in law to see that...

Sicario has to be one of my favorite movies of the past 5 years or so.

The interrogation scene with Del Toro and the dude in custody was insane...

Trollhunters is back on netflix. Love this cartoon!

Actor who played the lead in season 1 died. His voice replacement sounds exactly like him and it's eerie!

I never finished Sicario.
I love me some Emily Blunt, too.

Devil Wears a Prada turned me on to her.
Salmon Fishing in Yemen got me really interested.
Edge of Tomorrow (or whatever) was the film that really put her in the Upper Echelon of Actresses for me.
Seeing her as a Bad ***** was dope, I didn't know, never knew she'd have that role in her.
She's impressive.

Ramble, I just need to watch Sicario.

Trollhunters is back on netflix. Love this cartoon!

Actor who played the lead in season 1 died. His voice replacement sounds exactly like him and it's eerie!

Guillermo Del Toro’s Trollhunters is one of the best animated series now on television. I’ve been slowly making my way through the first season and have been very impressed by the world building, the serialized storytelling and the quality of animation. The pilot episode is almost to the level of quality as some of the earlier DreamWorks features. I’m very excited that the show will continue, but was shocked to learn that Anton Yelchin wold return to voice to lead character.

As you probably know, Yelchin died in June at age 27 in a vehicular accident. The first two episodes of Trollhunters, which premiered six months later, were dedicated to the actor. As it turns out, Yelchin not only recorded all of his work for the first season before his passing, but also recorded a large part of his role in the sequel, which has apparently been in the works for some time.

http://www.slashfilm.com/trollhunters-season-2/

Just came back from Jumanji and I really enjoyed it. I can finally say The Rock has a good movie. Jack Black killed it.

saw last jedi again last night some lady came out saying it was a great movie wanted to slap the taste out her mouth but i dont hit women so

another long line again

first time i saw it i gave it a 2/8

second time around ill give it a 3/8

still cant believe they wasted such an intriguing and powerful villain as snoke

snoke should’ve watched The Incredibles when Syndrome was talmbout monologing...

He got got because of his hubris, word to Luke Skywalker...

Watched Detroit last night 6.4/8

Great, GREAT film.

Will Poulter as Krauss and Algee Smith as Larry stole the show. It was a really uncomfortable watch, but it's story based on true events in American history.

Let me say this about Poulter....I HATED his character. He was that despicable/believable in his role. The only other time I felt this way when watching a film was seeing Denzel in Training Day. That was because, at the time, I wasn't used to seeing Denzel in that type of role. He, just like Poulter, killed it.

I knew the story was based off of true events after reading a little about it before watching last night, but I forgot when viewing the movie. I kept waiting for some sort of retribution to be paid towards Krauss and his colleagues, but it never happened. There was no happy ending and was just a sobering reminder of how messed up things were in this country back in the late-60's.

The whole motel scene was a hard and gut-wrenching watch.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 4.75/8 - I thought I would hate everything about this. It's one of my favorite Dwayne Johnson performances. There's some really horrible scenes of course but its very watchable as a whole.

I ain’t watching another matt damon flick... Between his white washing role & then his disasterous explanation of it for the wall & then his recent pseudo intellectualizing of the recent sexual assaults/harassment... he’s too much the white previlaged DB for me...

But getting back to flicks... Layer Cake & Out Of Sight are movies I can watch over & over again... Jennifer Lopez should’ve stayed doing movies like this. Damn she looks great in that flick... Soundtack to OoS is great too...

What should I watch today?; The Disaster Artist or Downsizing?

Edit

At the movies now. Which? :nerd:
Disaster Artist was fantastic. Brilliantly done film and if you've seen the Room, you'll enjoy (at the very least) the Disaster Artist. Franco was brilliant imo.

Personally I give it a 7/8. Great story, James.

I heard that Phantom Thread is not getting publicity because they're building a case against PTA.

Disaster Artist was fantastic. Brilliantly done film and if you've seen the Room, you'll enjoy (at the very least) the Disaster Artist. Franco was brilliant imo.

Personally I give it a 7/8. Great story, James.
Watching it right now.

15 min in and it seems like an Oscar worthy performance by James :lol:

I was right about one assumption though. Tommy would be super annoying to be around for an extended period.

Son said he from Norleans though :rofl:

I ain’t watching another matt damon flick... Between his white washing role & then his disasterous explanation of it for the wall & then his recent pseudo intellectualizing of the recent sexual assaults/harassment... he’s too much the white previlaged DB for me...

But getting back to flicks... Layer Cake & Out Of Sight are movies I can watch over & over again... Jennifer Lopez should’ve stayed doing movies like this. Damn she looks great in that flick... Soundtack to OoS is great too...

Hold up, how you gonna blame him for being cast for a white role in a Chinese movie? Unless he cast himself and changed the character from Asian to white.

Back
Top Bottom