Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Think I'm gonna watch that King Arthur movie later on HBO.

A United Kingdom 6.6/8. Oyelowo CAN ACT! Son put on a bit of a clinic. Strong powerful story here. Pike was great which is becoming the usual.

Molly's Game 7/8 - Flames all around. The writing. The cast. Loved it.
Seconded.

I was going to post and ask why was Ritchie's King Arthur hated so much cuz dude did a great job of that opening, the slowmo, and then the young Arthur to adult Arthur montage 20 min in.

But after that I can see its written like its in modern times or some **** :lol:

Looking forward to this when I saw the trailer before Molly's Game.

has Synchronicity been discussed here?

77921B81-98D6-4539-9141-F76C4C4F084F.jpeg
Was it good?

Still kinda funny to me The Disaster Artist will get nomitated for various awards. Different context and pov than The Room, but still.

Looking like All the Money in the World, The Post, and Lady Bird tomorrow.

They phasing out Darkest Hour and 3 Billboards in all of the theaters close to me and I don't feel like going further in this cold to catch it in theater. Yet JL is still in theaters in some places.

Some movies I watched today

Against the Wall 6.8/8

Real good prison flick, Alcatraz was corrupt and wild. Feel like they could go in depth with a tv show. Samuel L., MacLachlan, Williams III, and Harris were all great.

True Colors 5.7/8

Cusack was really good in this. Spades is a fab and was good but played a character I've seen before. Even for a political drama still felt real 90s.

Extraction 4/8

Reminded me a lot of Soderbergh's Haywire and not just cuz of Gina. It has this tone deafness similarity that was unique in Haywire due to the style but fell flat here. Kellan Lutz has the look of the next big movie star but is pretty boring. The boy Willis is steady cashing checks on a Nic Cage level but its so brazen that it can't be compared to Samuel L.'s prolificness. He's barely in this and easily coasts. Imagine if A Good Day to Die Hard had less McClane in it and was worse.

Mauraders 5.8/8

This was entertaining. The story had a message but the plot bogged it down. The bank robbery scenes made up for it a bit. I'm a fan of Meloni but this movie sorely missed a starring actor. Willis is like the bad guy and isn't in it a lot. Meloni does his best but hard when his support is the guy from Entourage, Bautista, and this one other guy who you see in a lot of stuff but don't know his name.

Three movies in one day?
mikewhoa.png

Damn you eatin
moviepass-promo-700x323.jpg

:pimp:

Wind River 7/8 - Another banger from Taylor Sheridan. On the edge of my seat the whole time.

About to watch The Killing of a Sacred Deer then post my Top 10 of the year along with some honorable mentions.

3 films at the theater in one day? F that.

I can see at home, but man. Unless I can get the gym early have a big brunch then just chill all day there :lol:

I thought so. Renner does his best Bob Lee Swagger impression and it works.
:lol: Cool

Don't hate or dislike Renner but overall he seems limited. There's only a few movies he's great in and then less good movies he's in overall. Its not like he has half a dozen movies he stars in every few years.

I'll check it out at home.

As for the top 10 movie lists of 2017, I feel like the year wasn't as strong compared to the last 2.

Not a lot of stuff that has blown me away (not that I've seen everything) and I've probably saw anywhere from 20-25 movies that came out this year.

Last edited:
3 films at the theater in one day? F that.

I can see at home, but man. Unless I can get the gym early have a big brunch then just chill all day there :lol:
I'm planning on a big breakfast, movies, then lunch, then the 3rd movie, try to link up with this shorty and see where it goes.

If all goes well I'll be home around 6 or 7 :smokin

Back
Top Bottom