Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Comin up on Red Wedding. I don't "know" anything of course, but naturally the internet has Meme'd some things into me. :lol: I know it's coming, just not what to expect.
Red Wedding is one of the best scene in GOT.

However, I don't see how you think Jon Snow is that dude by now.

Like it took for me like ending of season 4 mid season 5 to think he was coming into his own. Not until season 6 perhaps did I think that highly of him.

Arya in the other hand, I thought she was bout it bout it ...

Red Wedding is one of the best scene in GOT.

However, I don't see how you think Jon Snow is that dude by now.

Like it took for me like ending of season 4 mid season 5 to think he was coming into his own.

From ep 1, everyone loves telling him he's a bastard. But he never loses it, even tho he could kill probably 95% of these dudes.

He's....."good" even tho he has every right not to be. Now he finally got some in the cave, he's really about to beast now. :lol:

I'm watching the 4th season of Bojack Horseman, I like this show as I hate "Diane"...

I watched 2 seasons of Mr Robot because of Christian Slater and Carly Chaikin who was great in Suburgatory, like Mr Robot, but being lazy about reading subtitles I'm waiting for dubbing... bojack-1.jpg trailer-mrrobot_s3_video-elliot-f-society.jpg

And as oldies are concerned, The Wire and Oz (even though I never finished Oz...)

Although I read above avg reviews for Mother, I thought it was a hot pile of ****.

I was so disappointed ....

The first half was entertaining and it seemed to have a twisted plot, but the second half just ruined it completely for me.

I don't care if you disagree, but please tell me why you thought it was a master piece ....

Oh yeah, I finally watched the first Harry Potter movie from beginning to end and moved on to the sequel.

As for the Sorcer's Stone, man is this such a 2001 movie. From production to sfx/cgi, No clue who directed this or wrote it but the word stiff comes to mind. And I aint hating but it extends to this cast of children. It just felt so dated and the acting was too mechanical in way.

Wasn't digging the story or execution of it.

But I kept in mind I'm a grown man and did not indulge in this franchise as a child. So it must be solely be for kids and maybe book reader (I hope the books were better written).

Will say Chambers of Secrets already looks better and seems to have better acting.

Got around to watching Lion. Pretty good flick. Wasn't ready for the emotional impact it had on me at the end. :lol:

Surprised Dev doesn't get more work.

‘The Mist’ Cancelled at Spike After One Season
the-mist-tv.jpg
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-mist-cancelled-spike-1202574926/

Spike has cancelled drama series “The Mist” after one season, Variety has confirmed.

The series was based on the 2007 film of the same name, which was itself based on the novella by Stephen King. The series centered around a small town family that is torn apart by a brutal crime. As they deal with the fallout an eerie mist rolls in, suddenly cutting them off from the rest of the world, and in some cases, each other. It starred Morgan Spector, Alyssa Sutherland, Gus Birney, Danica Curcic, Okezie Morro, Luke Cosgrove, Darren Pettie, Russell Posner, Dan Butler, Isiah Washington, Jr. and Frances Conroy. The series hailed from TWC-Dimension, with Amanda Segel and Christian Torpe serving as executive producers.

The show was ordered to series at Spike in April 2016. It debuted on June 22 and wrapped up its run on Aug. 24 earlier this year. The series failed to make a substantial impact in the ratings, with the season averaging an anemic 0.14 rating in adults 18-49 and 462,000 viewers per episode in Nielsen’s Live+Same Day ratings.

The cancellation comes as Spike is preparing to rebrand itself as The Paramount Network. Dramas “Yellowstone” and “Waco” will be the first originals produced for the network. Viacom confirmed in March that “Heathers” and “American Woman,” which had been in development at TV Land, would migrate to Paramount Network as part of shift of resources at Viacom toward a small set of core cable channels. Paramount Network, intended to be a broad, premium-entertainment network, is one of the six channels that Viacom CEO Bob Bakish identified as the company’s future focal points. In addition, “The Shannara Chronicles” will move from MTV to Spike this fall ahead of the rebrand.

watched justice league today. didn’t like it. i’m guessing the script didn’t even have potential. as far as acting goes, gal gadot killed it in her part, jason momoa was pretty good - even did the chee hoo (a polynesian thing), ezra miller was ok, cavill was ok, ray fisher was blah, and affleck was terrible. 3.6/8

Father Figueres 3/8 - Idk why I even watched this but its awful. Katt Williams provided a few laughs though.

Dave Chappelle: Equanimity & The Bird Revelation 6/8 - Genius level comedy. I laughed A LOT. Both shows had their high points and low points but the Caitlyn Jenner and Lord of the Rings stuff was amazing.

Father Figueres 3/8 - Idk why I even watched this but its awful. Katt Williams provided a few laughs though.
3/8 oh so the movie got better, I fell asleep before Katt Williams even showed up in the movie. Wife fell asleep twice during the movie, I woke up just as the credits started.

3/8 oh so the movie got better, I fell asleep before Katt Williams even showed up in the movie. Wife fell asleep twice during the movie, I woke up just as the credits started.
So many missed opportunities in the movie. Didn't even use the song Father Figure. Smh...

Dave Chappelle: Equanimity & The Bird Revelation 6/8 - Genius level comedy. I laughed A LOT. Both shows had their high points and low points but the Caitlyn Jenner and Lord of the Rings stuff was amazing.

The Chappelle joint was a 7/8 for me. Dude is truly a master of his craft and one of the best comedians of all time. The Draymond Green Air BnB joke had me in tears wheezing :lol:

Edit*

Master Zik Master Zik did you ever finish Ready Player One? I just got through it, do you think they can pull it off on the big screen? I've had been purposefully avoiding trailers so it wouldn't mess with my vision of the book.

Last edited:
Whoa. Did they get new writers for Black Mirror?

Because I watched the first episode of season 4 and it was not what I expected.

The tone. The pacing. And the humor. The humor! I was shocked to be laughing while watching a Black Mirror episode.

Most Black Mirror episodes are just really bleak.

Cristin Milioti hit it out of the park with her performance.

And there was actually a happy ending! I've watched maybe 7 black mirror episodes throughout its 3 seasons and only one ep had a good ending.

Finally, a Black Mirror episode that I could watch again and again. If the rest of the season is like USS Callister I'd be happy.

10/10

Back
Top Bottom