Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

No lie, I saw the preview for Season2 a feeble weeks back and felt my anxiety and blood pressure go up.

Saw the Super Bowl commercial last night and almost had an anxiety attack. Crazy but just real quick I got upset at the thought of having to sit through 10 weeks of a new Season.

I'll tell you where they lost me last Season was when Wrights character was revealed. I was kinda like "how silly".

I love Thandie and I adored her little understudy prozzi girl, but it just wasn't enough to overcome the nauseating Love Story of the blonde bimbo and the male blonde bimbo.

My wife & I liked Mudbound. I thought it told an important story post WW2. It would've been better if it kept the ending that was in the book.
I think WW2 films should have more black main characters. Didn't work for Lucas but I liked the effort. As for that specific topic, I would like to see a group of black Americans in the war and then their experiences returning collectively.

In Mudbound, they halved that for the friendship with the white captain. It was good but thing is I knew where it was going with that.

And yeah book ending seems better and more conclusive.

I also like the idea for the author's idea for the sequel.

Wait its on Netflix?

Cloverfield Paradox?

I may watch that one if it'll actually give answers. Let me know how it is.

You’re never gonna get answers from these cloverfield “sequels”. They all start off life as original sci-fi movies, then Bad Robot buys them up, throws some scenes in, and slaps the Cloverfield name on em

Yea, pretty much like Lost. . .
:lol: Its funny cuz the main guys, Damon and Lindelof, went on to make other shows to varying degrees of success that don't have that Lost problem.

JJ and the Bad Robot are left holding the bag :lol:

You’re never gonna get answers from these cloverfield “sequels”. They all start off life as original sci-fi movies, then Bad Robot buys them up, throws some scenes in, and slaps the Cloverfield name on em
I do love sci-fi though.
Not worth watching, Gugu needs to be in more movies though
Yeah, I'm already in the Cloverfield thread reading reactions :lol:

I'll leave it for a lazy Sunday.

I think I would’ve liked Altered Carbon a lot more had I not read the books some years back. Some of the changes are down right infuriating. The visuals are impressive I’ll give them that.

The omission of trepp, envoys backstory, the portrayal of Quellism, Rei, all changes that were not needed yet somehow made it into the show version of the piece.

I think WW2 films should have more black main characters. Didn't work for Lucas but I liked the effort. As for that specific topic, I would like to see a group of black Americans in the war and then their experiences returning collectively.

In Mudbound, they halved that for the friendship with the white captain. It was good but thing is I knew where it was going with that.

And yeah book ending seems better and more conclusive.

I also like the idea for the author's idea for the sequel.

Redtails was such a missed opportunity. That could've & should've been an epic movie. I feel like someone should redo that flick & give it the glory it deserves. The Tuskegee Airman is such a great story to tell (warts & all).

Redtails was such a missed opportunity. That could've & should've been an epic movie. I feel like someone should redo that flick & give it the glory it deserves. The Tuskegee Airman is such a great story to tell (warts & all).
Although a smaller budget, I did always like Tuskegee Airman.

Straighten up and fly right

I watched the HBO version back then & thought it was meh. The story deserves an epic big screen done right. Now if they gave the Band Of Brothers epic mini series that would be another story too... I could watch Band of Brothers over & over (which I have), but I defiantly can't say that about that 90's version & Lucas' Redtails.

I thought Twin Peaks was on a level.

Dark just set the bar so high, I don't think I'll watch anything better in all of 2018.

I have 2 episodes left in a 10part season, and ep8 was so ill that I wish it was the finale. That was epic TV. They broke the mold with that one. What a clean up tie in breakdown man. Layers upon layers of genius. That's how it's done right there folks!

If you haven't seen this, tripping.
If you don't have Netflix, get it, today.

I watched the HBO version back then & thought it was meh. The story deserves an epic big screen done right. Now if they gave the Band Of Brothers epic mini series that would be another story too... I could watch Band of Brothers over & over (which I have), but I defiantly can't say that about that 90's version & Lucas' Redtails.
Man if they did a Band of Brothers version, I am all in. Considering the state of movies and the budget I think the movie was done well. It was only a TV movie yet they had some big name actors in it.

I think I would’ve liked Altered Carbon a lot more had I not read the books some years back. Some of the changes are down right infuriating. The visuals are impressive I’ll give them that.

The omission of trepp, envoys backstory, the portrayal of Quellism, Rei, all changes that were not needed yet somehow made it into the show version of the piece.

YOOOOO! I was gonna say that it felt like they dropped me off in the middle of a 1,000 page book and just expected me to know what the hell was going on. It all makes sense that it's based on a book now

sooo.....altered carbon or dark? started dark a few weeks ago but i was watching on my phone and it's too hard to read subs (didn't know it was a foreign film)

QT out here buggin. Yeah its old but this Roman Polanski rape apologist shtick on the Stern show is insane.

About to ruin any chances of him doing the Star Trek movie or his Manson movie doing good if actors don't start dropping out.

I'm re-watching The Night Of. John Turturro was goddamn masterful. :nthat:
But his feet stole the show.

Last edited:
Ha, you beat me to it. I was about to ask if anyone was following this Uma-QT story?

I "think" QT is clear, with Uma, other than the accident (which I had never heard of, but the video is scary) I think they are ok, but a lot of spinning going on. And I don't like it. I truly feel bad for Uma, QT involved or not I don't know, but I still feel bad for her, knowing Harvey. :smh:

The new Cloverfield movie:

Movie was absolute trash! The movie was written as a full stand alone, unrelated movie called God Particle. Scientists trying to create free energy accidentally create an alternate universe and lose site of the earth. The US is at war with Russia, and a Russian spacecraft makes contact with the US one.

The films rights were bought by the JJ Abrams crew and they added like 2 or 3 scenes that connects the story to the Cloverfield universe.

This is stupid and insulting, but I'm glad this wasn't released in theaters. If I had paid money to watch in the theater, I promise I would have asked for my money back.

1/8

its crazy how generic and boring cloverfield paradox was given how amazing the cast was

def missing the cloverfield feel but that’s a given considering how it came to be

more excited about this

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ama-overlord-casts-wyatt-russell-jovan-adepo/

What’s the story? Well, according to Deadline, Avery’s revisionist take on World War II opens on the eve of D-day, when a troupe of “American paratroopers are dropped behind enemy lines to carry out a mission crucial to the invasion’s success. But as they approach their target, they begin to realize there is more going on in this Nazi-occupied village than a simple military operation. They find themselves fighting against supernatural forces, part of a Nazi experiment.”

Deadpool 2 trailer is just sheer brilliance. It is amazing to me that we sat in this very thread when the little minute and a half teaser they put together dropped online, and now we're here. :lol: :pimp:

May has Avengers, Deadpool, and Solo. That is going to be the biggest month ever for movies, right?

Deadpool 2 trailer is just sheer brilliance. It is amazing to me that we sat in this very thread when the little minute and a half teaser they put together dropped online, and now we're here. :lol: :pimp:

May has Avengers, Deadpool, and Solo. That is going to be the biggest month ever for movies, right?

Do you still got the movie release spreadsheet on deck??

Back
Top Bottom