Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Friend of mine might have found a nice copy of Thor, if he did, I may have a chance to watch it this weekend.  I'm, cautiously optimistic as of now, but I really don't have high hopes or really care how it does, just want the Avengers to succeed. 

He did nail down the Lincoln Lawyer for me, I need to check that out, maybe tomorrow. 

Friend of mine might have found a nice copy of Thor, if he did, I may have a chance to watch it this weekend.  I'm, cautiously optimistic as of now, but I really don't have high hopes or really care how it does, just want the Avengers to succeed. 

He did nail down the Lincoln Lawyer for me, I need to check that out, maybe tomorrow. 

Borrowed this from the official thread,

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Bring home the adventure and share Star Wars[emoji]8482[/emoji] with your whole family – when STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment! To be released beginning on September 12 internationally and on September 16 in North America, the nine-disc collection brings the wonder of the entire Saga direct to your living room, where you can revisit all of your favorite Star Wars moments – in gorgeous high definition and with pristine, 6.1 DTS Surround Sound. Dive deeper into the universe with an unprecedented 40+ hours of special features, highlighted by never-before-seen content sourced from the Lucasfilm archives.
[h2]Special Features:[/h2]
STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY is presented in widescreen with 6.1 DTS Surround Sound. Special features include:
  • DISC ONE – STAR WARS: EPISODE I THE PHANTOM MENACE
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, John Knoll, Dennis Muren and Scott Squires
    • Audio Commentary from Archival Interviews with Cast and Crew
  • DISC TWO – STAR WARS: EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow
  • DISC THREE – STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Rob Coleman, John Knoll and Roger Guyett
  • DISC FOUR – STAR WARS: EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren
  • DISC FIVE – STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren
  • DISC SIX – STAR WARS: EPISODE VI RETURN OF THE JEDI
  • DISC SEVEN – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES I-III
    • Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; a flythrough of the Lucasfilm Archives and more
  • DISC EIGHT – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES IV-VI
    • Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; and more
  • DISC NINE – THE STAR WARS DOCUMENTARIES
    • NEW! Star Warriors (2007, Color, Apx. 84 Minutes) – Some Star Wars fans want to collect action figures...these fans want to be action figures! A tribute to the 501st Legion, a global organization of Star Wars costume enthusiasts, this insightful documentary shows how the super-fan club promotes interest in the films through charity and volunteer work at fundraisers and high-profile special events around the world.
    • NEW! A Conversation with the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later (2010, Color, Apx. 25 Minutes) – George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan and John Williams look back on the making of The Empire Strikes Back in this in-depth retrospective from Lucasfilm created to help commemorate the 30th anniversary of the movie. The masters discuss and reminisce about one of the most beloved films of all time.
    • NEW! Star Wars Spoofs (2011, Color, Apx. 91 Minutes) – The farce is strong with this one! Enjoy a hilarious collection of Star Wars spoofs and parodies that have been created over the years, including outrageous clips from Family Guy, The Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother and more — and don’t miss “Weird Al

Borrowed this from the official thread,

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Bring home the adventure and share Star Wars[emoji]8482[/emoji] with your whole family – when STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment! To be released beginning on September 12 internationally and on September 16 in North America, the nine-disc collection brings the wonder of the entire Saga direct to your living room, where you can revisit all of your favorite Star Wars moments – in gorgeous high definition and with pristine, 6.1 DTS Surround Sound. Dive deeper into the universe with an unprecedented 40+ hours of special features, highlighted by never-before-seen content sourced from the Lucasfilm archives.
[h2]Special Features:[/h2]
STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY is presented in widescreen with 6.1 DTS Surround Sound. Special features include:
  • DISC ONE – STAR WARS: EPISODE I THE PHANTOM MENACE
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, John Knoll, Dennis Muren and Scott Squires
  • DISC TWO – STAR WARS: EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow
  • DISC THREE – STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Rob Coleman, John Knoll and Roger Guyett
  • DISC FOUR – STAR WARS: EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE
  • DISC FIVE – STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
    • Audio Commentary with George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Carrie Fisher, Ben Burtt and Dennis Muren
  • DISC SIX – STAR WARS: EPISODE VI RETURN OF THE JEDI
  • DISC SEVEN – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES I-III
    • Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; a flythrough of the Lucasfilm Archives and more
  • DISC EIGHT – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES IV-VI
    • Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; and more
  • DISC NINE – THE STAR WARS DOCUMENTARIES
    • NEW! Star Warriors (2007, Color, Apx. 84 Minutes) – Some Star Wars fans want to collect action figures...these fans want to be action figures! A tribute to the 501st Legion, a global organization of Star Wars costume enthusiasts, this insightful documentary shows how the super-fan club promotes interest in the films through charity and volunteer work at fundraisers and high-profile special events around the world.
    • NEW! A Conversation with the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later (2010, Color, Apx. 25 Minutes) – George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan and John Williams look back on the making of The Empire Strikes Back in this in-depth retrospective from Lucasfilm created to help commemorate the 30th anniversary of the movie. The masters discuss and reminisce about one of the most beloved films of all time.
    • NEW! Star Wars Spoofs (2011, Color, Apx. 91 Minutes) – The farce is strong with this one! Enjoy a hilarious collection of Star Wars spoofs and parodies that have been created over the years, including outrageous clips from Family Guy, The Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother and more — and don’t miss “Weird Al

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I still need to see Kick-!*! and Super's the one w Rainn Wilson, right?

Yeah.

And yes it's gorier if I remember right. At least some parts are. Missing faces and arms and more people get blown up.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I still need to see Kick-!*! and Super's the one w Rainn Wilson, right?

Yeah.

And yes it's gorier if I remember right. At least some parts are. Missing faces and arms and more people get blown up.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'll get my votes in later today hopefully
Cool deal.  I'm waitin on you,

Dub
nerd.gif

JA 
nerd.gif

JPZ 
nerd.gif

Venom 
nerd.gif

And that should do it. 

Very limited. I think it might be On Demand still, but it's also uh... floating around out there 
nerd.gif
glasses.gif

Very limited. I think it might be On Demand still, but it's also uh... floating around out there 
nerd.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Is Super a limited release? I'm in love with Ellen Page.
She looks like she'd be fun as hell to kick it, but I could def. see her pissing me off with something really stupid
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Is Super a limited release? I'm in love with Ellen Page.
She looks like she'd be fun as hell to kick it, but I could def. see her pissing me off with something really stupid
laugh.gif

Johnny
Sports---The Natural
Drama---Ghandi
Comedy---Hannah and her Sisters
Horror/Thriller---Blade Runner
Crime---The Untouchables
Sci-Fi---ET
Action---Robo Cop
Western---The Long Riders
Utility---Sex, Lies, and Videotape
Utility---The Last Temptation of Christ
1st place IMO..

Johnny
Sports---The Natural
Drama---Ghandi
Comedy---Hannah and her Sisters
Horror/Thriller---Blade Runner
Crime---The Untouchables
Sci-Fi---ET
Action---Robo Cop
Western---The Long Riders
Utility---Sex, Lies, and Videotape
Utility---The Last Temptation of Christ
1st place IMO..

Originally Posted by CP1708

Voters, send your votes in.   

70's confirmed owners

Kool
Dub
Prime
Johnny
Noskey
CP
Shaun
U of Nike
LTB

Need at least 1 more. 

I'm still lookin for a 10th owner if we're going to get this 70's draft off the ground.  I'm thinkin Tuesday next week would be a good start date, but not if I don't get #10. 

We may be seein an old friend in here sometime soon.  Someone with a solid taste in movies. 

Did get a copy of Thor to watch, try and check it out tonight, see if it's any good.  At worst, I can stare at pre preg Natalie for a little while.   Always nice. 
laugh.gif

Saw the preview for 30 minutes or less, that thing looked pretty funny, though I have no idea what the actual premise is supposed to be. 

Back
Top Bottom