Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by CP1708

Voters, send your votes in.   

70's confirmed owners

Kool
Dub
Prime
Johnny
Noskey
CP
Shaun
U of Nike
LTB

Need at least 1 more. 

I'm still lookin for a 10th owner if we're going to get this 70's draft off the ground.  I'm thinkin Tuesday next week would be a good start date, but not if I don't get #10. 

We may be seein an old friend in here sometime soon.  Someone with a solid taste in movies. 

Did get a copy of Thor to watch, try and check it out tonight, see if it's any good.  At worst, I can stare at pre preg Natalie for a little while.   Always nice. 
laugh.gif

Saw the preview for 30 minutes or less, that thing looked pretty funny, though I have no idea what the actual premise is supposed to be. 

We may be seein an old friend in here sometime soon.  Someone with a solid taste in movies.  

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

So what's everyone watchin these days?

pimp.gif

Glad you could make it in Ry. 

This is what I have in my “que

So what's everyone watchin these days?

pimp.gif

Glad you could make it in Ry. 

This is what I have in my “que

I'll have to read back on what has transpired or been discussed in this thread (I'm completely clueless), but if people are talkin recent releases to watch I can recommend a few:

blow-out-the-criterion-collection-blu-518412-large.jpg

red-riding-trilogy.jpg

Maniac--30th-Anniversary-Edition---Blu-ray---1980.jpg

I'm glad to see some 80's talk too, by far my favorite decade
pimp.gif
We aren't exactly talking cinematic masterpieces here
laugh.gif
but if you look at it like:  "I'm clicking through late night TV and this is on I'm stopping and watching it no matter how many hundreds of times I've seen this already" it's the best
laugh.gif

And lastly here is a highdefdigest.com writer's Top 10 upcoming BluRays for 2011 list, all listed as coming in 2011:

Dazed and Confused
The Blues Brothers
The Birds
To Kill a Mockingbird
Twilight Zone Season 4
Superman: The Motion Picture Anthology
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Star Wars: The Complete Saga
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Extended Editions
The Lion King

I'll have to read back on what has transpired or been discussed in this thread (I'm completely clueless), but if people are talkin recent releases to watch I can recommend a few:

blow-out-the-criterion-collection-blu-518412-large.jpg

red-riding-trilogy.jpg

Maniac--30th-Anniversary-Edition---Blu-ray---1980.jpg

I'm glad to see some 80's talk too, by far my favorite decade
pimp.gif
We aren't exactly talking cinematic masterpieces here
laugh.gif
but if you look at it like:  "I'm clicking through late night TV and this is on I'm stopping and watching it no matter how many hundreds of times I've seen this already" it's the best
laugh.gif

And lastly here is a highdefdigest.com writer's Top 10 upcoming BluRays for 2011 list, all listed as coming in 2011:

Dazed and Confused
The Blues Brothers
The Birds
To Kill a Mockingbird
Twilight Zone Season 4
Superman: The Motion Picture Anthology
Star Wars: The Complete Saga
The Lion King

RyGuy45 wrote:

I see the LOTR group takes after George Lucas's tactics. 
30t6p3b.gif
  I just bought these @#%*!%$%$@@!% a few months ago, and NOW they wanna release extended versions? 
grin.gif

Ry, if you like the 80's, you'd be a good judge then.  Go back about 1-2 pages at the very top, you will see a 10 team draft, 10 movies each.  If you have the time, please vote for your top 3-5 teams.  You can see the draft results under the spoiler as well in the OP if you wish to see round by round picks and what not. 

RyGuy45 wrote:

I see the LOTR group takes after George Lucas's tactics. 
30t6p3b.gif
  I just bought these @#%*!%$%$@@!% a few months ago, and NOW they wanna release extended versions? 
grin.gif

Ry, if you like the 80's, you'd be a good judge then.  Go back about 1-2 pages at the very top, you will see a 10 team draft, 10 movies each.  If you have the time, please vote for your top 3-5 teams.  You can see the draft results under the spoiler as well in the OP if you wish to see round by round picks and what not. 

Johnny - I highly recommend this version for the time being
pimp.gif

61YMA6824PL.jpg

CP - Got ya.  This will be a good thread to get into tmrw at work on my Friday slow day

Johnny - I highly recommend this version for the time being
pimp.gif

61YMA6824PL.jpg

CP - Got ya.  This will be a good thread to get into tmrw at work on my Friday slow day

Internet at homehome isn't working so im on phone. Can get votes in but not the statistics. Should be fixed soon

Citizin kane was great. I think I like it more than others. Cassablanca is far more entertaining tho

Following. Let me in. Paranormal activity. Antoine fisher. On my to watch list now. Plus I just started super

Internet at homehome isn't working so im on phone. Can get votes in but not the statistics. Should be fixed soon

Citizin kane was great. I think I like it more than others. Cassablanca is far more entertaining tho

Following. Let me in. Paranormal activity. Antoine fisher. On my to watch list now. Plus I just started super

FINALLY! God I love that movie.

Finally got 'The Man From Nowhere' today. Best Korean film from last year imo
pimp.gif

FINALLY! God I love that movie.

Finally got 'The Man From Nowhere' today. Best Korean film from last year imo
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Watching 'Caddyshack' for the first time...
And?  What did you think?  Definitely an all-time classic for me.  Probably the oldest movie that I still quote from.  But then again, there's not too many people who have seen Caddyshack who don't quote from it. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

Watching 'Caddyshack' for the first time...
And?  What did you think?  Definitely an all-time classic for me.  Probably the oldest movie that I still quote from.  But then again, there's not too many people who have seen Caddyshack who don't quote from it. 

Back
Top Bottom