Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

it was a great movie to look at. the style of the invasion was interesting. the horror scenes with the mutated creatures were good - especially the bear scene and what the bear was mimicking (i loved that detail). as mentioned by others, the last 20 minutes or so was great for the mind and well as the eyes. i like sci-fi and this was not a typical alien invasion movie and it was done really well imo. i think alex garland took a big chance and succeeded.
See, I have to disagree ...

The characters never got develop ...

True enough the first Animal scene was cool, the second not so much. And what you call intense and cool is straight from a cheap horror film.

The movie was to slow pace and the last act was like ok (didnt live up).....

I'm sure some people might call this genious but im def not one of them.

So many questions and no answer .... **** is wack!

Started watching Hackers last night but I feel asleep.

Comic book store dude recommended it to me when I was looking for a copy of Gleaming the Cube. Said it was a classic 90's type flick. I had heard of it but never gave it a go. Anyone else seen it?

i hated gleaming the cube b/c my bratty *** sister who had a crush on christian slater rented that when i wanted to get something else :lol:

i had to sit through pump up the volume too smh

See, I have to disagree ...

The characters never got develop ...

True enough the first Animal scene was cool, the second not so much. And what you call intense and cool is straight from a cheap horror film.

The movie was to slow pace and the last act was like ok (didnt live up).....

I'm sure some people might call this genious but im def not one of them.

So many questions and no answer .... **** is wack!
:lol: i'm ok with people hating this movie. same as arrival or even kill bill 2. i like that we're pretty diverse in here. that's how i get turned on to new stuff.

watched the outsider yesterday. i was really disappointed. movie was pretty violent but overall, it was pretty boring. jared leto looked terrible in it. jeezus take it easy with the clown make-up. i'm being super generous with a 5/8. it probably deserves lower.

:lol: i'm ok with people hating this movie. same as arrival or even kill bill 2. i like that we're pretty diverse in here. that's how i get turned on to new stuff.

watched the outsider yesterday. i was really disappointed. movie was pretty violent but overall, it was pretty boring. jared leto looked terrible in it. jeezus take it easy with the clown make-up. i'm being super generous with a 5/8. it probably deserves lower.
I can't even compare this hit trash to Arrival. IMHO Arrival was Oscar worthy next to this .....

And the last act actually was worth it.

Last edited:
don't get me wrong. i absolutely loved both kill bill 2 and arrival. i can see how others wouldn't like them.
interesting that you liked arrival and didn't like annihilation though.

don't get me wrong. i absolutely loved both kill bill 2 and arrival. i can see how others wouldn't like them.
interesting that you liked arrival and didn't like annihilation though.
I think the idea in Arrival was overall better and better executed. It wasn't ambiguous as the final act did a pretty good job in closing the story line ... I can keep. However, this movie didn't do anything for me period

just watched logan lucky and now that's a movie that i would be upset if people hated it.
that was a good movie. the actors played their characters really well. not exciting or suspenseful but a great heist flick nonetheless. solid 7/8.

Logan Lucky surprised the **** out of me when I randomly went to see it at the movies. Everyone killed their roles

Just seen Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It was honestly kinda underwhelming and I don't understand why there's another damn rebellion. Kinda feels like the first rebellion was a damn waste. I wish Luke got to unleash his full-might and fought against Snoke. Especially considering that the last movie hyped them up. It was a serviceable movie, it's just the story direction is something I think left alot to be desired.

I really liked Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs (as did the wifey & our 14yr old)... Not the same movie but had the same appeal for me that his Fantastic Mr. Fox had. Just oddly & weirdly entertaining. If those were the only movies Anderson had done, that would be a nice accomplishment by itself.

I really liked Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs (as did the wifey & our 14yr old)... Not the same movie but had the same appeal for me that his Fantastic Mr. Fox had. Just oddly & weirdly entertaining. If those were the only movies Anderson had done, that would be a nice accomplishment by itself.
I prefer live action but I watch anything Wes Anderson and been had the feel of Mr. Fox so I knew it'd be worth it.

Currently enjoying it.

I looked up Josh Brolin's career because I wasn't really too familiar with him before Avengers. Damn he's had a busy career. The kind of movie he's in isn't typically what I watch though.

Pacific Rim: Uprising 5/8 - I enjoyed it. I didn't see the twist coming and I really like the world. They could tighten up the script and stop rushing these origins but I got what I came for a bunch of big robots fighting big monsters.

Pacific Rim: Uprising 5/8 - I enjoyed it. I didn't see the twist coming and I really like the world. They could tighten up the script and stop rushing these origins but I got what I came for a bunch of big robots fighting big monsters.

You like it more than the first one?

You like it more than the first one?
Slightly because of the cool things they did with the Kaiju. The sequel is for a younger generation as well though which I often don't like when the tone is somewhat serious. Its not amazing or anything but its worth a matinee ticket.

Isle of Dogs 5.5/8

Not his best stock motion flick but I enjoyed this. Typical Wes Anderson movie.

Pacific Rim 2 5/8

This was good. Had some flaws. Really liked Boyega in this. His humor and charisma carried the movie.

Some forced comedy thrown in there when it seems the writer didn't know what else to add to a scene.

The other young girl who made Scrapper was also pretty good given her role.

Shorty playing Jules, Arjona, was criminally wasted in this :smh:

Scott Eastwood did nothing for me in this movie. Son need to find a personality or cool attitude asap. Can't live off of the generic stock Hollywood good looking actor shtick for long.

I also felt the movie could've done with another big or semi-big name actor in an authoritative role. After the twist, its like who is in command?

I'd say I enjoyed this more than the first PR. Although I barely remember it and from what I recall I didn't like it much.

Unsane 7/8

Wow this escalated quickly. This main character got that white entitlement. No chill whatsoever :lol:

Guess it wouldn't be a movie if she just did what she was told to get out. Had a dope little score the two times I've heard. Part of Soderbergh's style.

This just kept getting wilder and wilder with this crazy stalker. Soderbergh done did it again.

The trauma is probably too much for her by the end of this :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom