Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sicario 2 trailer is the first trailer to make my pants move since The Departed.
I can't even talk right now. Just keep clicking play.

Netflix got money and willing to take risk unlike Hollywood sometimes. We pay a subscription so when a new movie we'll give it a shot because we already paid for it. Same theory behind MoviePass.

We need to get our scripts going so we can get a netflix movie.
landscape-1466083349-spfbw-screen-the-plan-e3-160613-230pm-cmyk-1465821149.jpg

:nthat:

Logan Lucky 7.8/8

Fantastic movie with the "they don't make em like this any more" sentiment. Oceans 11, Pulp Fiction, Outta Sight, O Brother Where Art Thou, The Lady Killers all rolled into a great movie. Wish I would have watched it in theaters when it first came out.

I helped my father inlaw discover John Wick so when the 2nd one came out we took him out to eat & see that flick. Ditto for Sicario... When the 2nd one comes out we're taking him out to eat & see that flick...

My wife & I really liked Lucky Logan too. Soderbergh can have such a deft touch when making flicks...

Casting the Marvel vs DC argument aside, I really really love what Nolan did with his Batman movies. Sure all 3 are flawed but I considered them flawed masterpieces. He had great casting, great story, solid execution, great cinematography, & a stunning score. I also loooooooooooved the fact that he tried not relying on cgi as much as he could that gave his flicks much more sense of realism & even grittiness.

I still don't undestand why any of the other super hero flicks haven't developed a signature score that's highly identifiable like Vader's March or even Nolan's Batman... It's such a travesty.

Look at this Chinese kidnapping scene... The execution & the score is so dope especially the crescendo as they exit the window.

See, post like this make me think I lost my taste in movies. What was so great?

Maybe there was something i missed.
It's hard to openly discuss without spoilers but I thought the visuals and concept were great. The 3rd act ruined it for a lot of people I've talked too but I thought it was dope. Haven't read the book or anything. Annihilation will be in some top 10 of 2018 lists for sure.

See, post like this make me think I lost my taste in movies. What was so great?
it was a great movie to look at. the style of the invasion was interesting. the horror scenes with the mutated creatures were good - especially the bear scene and what the bear was mimicking (i loved that detail). as mentioned by others, the last 20 minutes or so was great for the mind and well as the eyes. i like sci-fi and this was not a typical alien invasion movie and it was done really well imo. i think alex garland took a big chance and succeeded.

Logan Lucky 7.8/8

Fantastic movie with the "they don't make em like this any more" sentiment. Oceans 11, Pulp Fiction, Outta Sight, O Brother Where Art Thou, The Lady Killers all rolled into a great movie. Wish I would have watched it in theaters when it first came out.
Damn, got me wishing I found the time to see this in theaters when I had the chance too.

Last edited:
Haven't seen it, ****ty marketing didn't help. You don't know what it's about aside from a bunch of rednecks running around.

Started watching Hackers last night but I feel asleep.

Comic book store dude recommended it to me when I was looking for a copy of Gleaming the Cube. Said it was a classic 90's type flick. I had heard of it but never gave it a go. Anyone else seen it?

Started watching Hackers last night but I feel asleep.

Comic book store dude recommended it to me when I was looking for a copy of Gleaming the Cube. Said it was a classic 90's type flick. I had heard of it but never gave it a go. Anyone else seen it?

Saw it as a kid. Its the reason I want to be in the Cyber Security field. Sure that movie is purely hollywood bs about computers but I have fun watching it. DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUS. Might watch it again today

Back
Top Bottom