Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Outsider 3.75/8 - It was a little rushed and unrealistic in my opinion. I don't think it was trash but its definitely not very good. Jared Leto was too robotic and I was more interested in the rival family takeovers than the tacked on love story. Some gruesome violence though...

Been trying to watch this like 4 nights in a row. Keep falling asleep 30 minutes in. I'm always down for a bit of the old ultra violence. Will peep just for that

Wakefield 5/8

One of those real out there absurd yet concepts to accept but once you do its all pretty mundane.

Family man, comes home late one night and through a sequence of events then just ups and decides not to go in. To just stay in the attic of the garage. Its a joke at first but grows from there.

He basically abandons his life. Yet watches his wife and kids from afar. Details how he got to this point and does a whole lot of self reflection and introspection. He stays up there for months :lol:

If anything, Bryan Cranston is a great narrator.

Last edited:
Just watched Lady Bird and I must say ..... another wack film. Nothing interesting and nothing new ..

I can't believe all this highly rated movies that I have taken tome to watch have been subpar ....

I keep saying it might be me, but I highly doubt it.

If anyone ask me about this movie I'll straight tell them it's a straight to PBS movie if that.

I remember watching Perks of being a Wallflower and being refresh and liking the movie. Thought I was going to get another taste of that and I'm left asking why did I bother ......

What's the big thing you guys liked about it?

Just finished Detroit .....

Joint still has me heated .....

I'm to the point that I really hate the actor in real life ... that laugh at the end ..... **** u.

Just watched Lady Bird and I must say ..... another wack film. Nothing interesting and nothing new ..

I can't believe all this highly rated movies that I have taken tome to watch have been subpar ....

I keep saying it might be me, but I highly doubt it.

If anyone ask me about this movie I'll straight tell them it's a straight to PBS movie if that.

I remember watching Perks of being a Wallflower and being refresh and liking the movie. Thought I was going to get another taste of that and I'm left asking why did I bother ......

What's the big thing you guys liked about it?

"Saoirse Ronan's performance in Lady Bird is ultimately one of hope," declares Paste Magazine.

she plays the part, ... “with daunting, dauntless precision”

It’s part of what makes Lady Bird, and its ability to affect many different kinds of people who see themselves in the story, so special.

She can’t even get her own mother to use the new name that she’s picked for herself in favor of boring old “Christine,” and that’s just the tip of the iceberg of her problems with her family, her hometown, and herself.

Lady Bird is a coming-of-age story that traces her final year of high school, and while that doesn’t sound like the freshest territory, it’s special because of Gerwig’s voice as a writer and a director, and also because of the exemplary performance by Saoirse Ronan.

Roxanne Roxanne is def on my list to watch. I’ll lretty much watch anything Mahershala Ali is in.

Boiler Room didn’t deserve the soundtrack it had. The flick stole from Wall St & Glengarry Glen Ross but with frat boy wannabe tough guys...

Lady Bird did a good job of examining the complicated relationships mothers & daughters have.

Yeah, I just saw the trailer but I wasn't sure.

To think Roxanne would get a movie made about her story.

Last edited:
netflix def isn’t very discerning when pumping out new content :lol: i feel like if someone pitched the story of ninjahood there’s like a 50/50 chance it’d be made.

some of it has been pretty good though and i like having options of stuff to watch.

netflix def isn’t very discerning when pumping out new content :lol: i feel like if someone pitched the story of ninjahood there’s like a 50/50 chance it’d be made.

some of it has been pretty good though and i like having options of stuff to watch.
Yea they come with it, and then come with more.( I was on Cinemablend looking for next drops and ended up watching some previews to shows I've never heard of like Runaways)
It also led me to Amazon in which I found an alarming amount of content, as well.
Just started a show called Absentia, on Amazon Prime.
Had to chill on the NETFLIXAC thing for a moment.
This Stana Katic is really easy to look at, if this show is just half assed good, this should be a decent ride.

So you agree with all that?

Boring *** movie ... seen it a bunch of times and there was nothing ground breaking. Every single situation was predictable .......

Bah ....

Usually I blame my taste in movies, but this **** was wack.

annihilation was great! wish i saw it in the theater but oh well. the bear scene was tense. acting was pretty good. story and concepts were nice! 7/8

Back
Top Bottom