Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sorry to bother you ??/8

Wow. That was... an experience.
Like I enjoyed myself and that sharp as **** left turn it made.

Had to look it up but that was Rosario Dawson as the elevator voice.

At one point in the movie, I had to ask “Is this in the same universe as Idiocracy?”

Took the family to see Wasp/Antman last night. Enjoyable summer action flick. 5.8/8.

Marvel flicks have become so monotonous. Thank god for this & Black Panther for adding new elements to the Marvel Universe.

Mike Mike Pena is a gem. He’s not in enough movies (including dramatic roles).

:lol: At the Baba Yaga reference... :rofl:at the truth serum. The security crew should get their own movie. They’re kinda like the babershop guys in Coming To America. This wasn’t a stellar movie by any means but an affable - enjoyable one much like Paul Rudd & Mike Pena are like as actors.

Posting in here bcs that Marvel thread is a big circle jerk group think thread that’s grown to be cultish... Them dudes are creepy in there & hav their own david koresh... :stoneface: :lol:

Die Hard opened in theaters 30 years ago today. It's one of my favorite films ever.

latest

I'm just going to ask the question that needs to be asked...

Is Die Hard a Christmas film?

To many including myself, Die Hard is considered a Christmas film.

That & Trading Places are part of my movie list of must watch during Christmas time...

Die Hard opened in theaters 30 years ago today. It's one of my favorite films ever.

latest

I'm just going to ask the question that needs to be asked...

Is Die Hard a Christmas film?

The greatest Christmas film ever made, just ahead of Lethal Weapon.

Die Hard is really really good. Everyone copies from it, for good reason. Rickman was a great villian.
I liked 2, but 3 was even better, Simon was :pimp: . 4-5 don't count.

Took the family to see Wasp/Antman last night. Enjoyable summer action flick. 5.8/8.

Marvel flicks have become so monotonous. Thank god for this & Black Panther for adding new elements to the Marvel Universe.

:lol: At the Baba Yaga reference... :rofl:at the truth serum. The security crew should get their own movie. They’re kinda like the babershop guys in Coming To America. This wasn’t a stellar movie by any means but an affable - enjoyable one much like Paul Rudd & Mike Pena are like as actors.

Posting in here bcs that Marvel thread is a big circle jerk group think thread that’s grown to be cultish... Them dudes are creepy in there & hav their own david koresh... :stoneface: :lol:
Eh, we'd welcome that review.

Nothing controversial in it that anybody would respond to it.

I mean it's Ant-Man & the Wasp.

And that thread has been far from a circle jerk for like 2-3 years now :lol:

Who's DK in the MCU thread?

I'll check but Showtime overhyped their secret show.

Its just Sacha dressing up as somebody else and fooling republicans and conservatives AGAIN :lol:

Mr. Holmes 5/8

This was cool. Older Sherlock. Ian was solid. Nothing special though. Not touching Elementary or Sherlock as far as engaging mystery. The game aint really a foot with this one.

This is another introspective looks at Sherlock's flaws and how he's failed others just being himself not caring much about other ppl's feelings. Added in with him being old and forgetful.

Love & Mercy 6/8

Dano and Cusack were really good.

Banks was looking like a snack.

Got so many shows to finish and catch up on, but I just started rewatching Sopranos Season 1 instead :lol:

Still the GOAT for me :pimp:

That SBC Who Is America? show on Showtime was nasty funny :lol:

Got some crazy lady's pubes for art.

Claimed to make his son sit down to pee and daughter stand :lol:

Only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good kid with a gun :lol:

That SBC Who Is America? show on Showtime was nasty funny :lol:

Got some crazy lady's pubes for art.

Claimed to make his son sit down to pee and daughter stand :lol:

Only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good kid with a gun :lol:

Gonna check it out tonight. Just saw on Good Morning America it's getting backlash (as expected).

Emma Roberts taking a L.

:rofl: totally looks like a 2005 romcom. Talking pre-Hitch type flick.

Gonna check it out tonight. Just saw on Good Morning America it's getting backlash (as expected).
Given this climate, it's ridiculous that is to me.

Dude is just playing extreme versions of conservatives and liberals to a hilarious effect.

The Robin Williams doc was well done. So sad that he had Parkinson's & Lewy body dementia. What an extraordinary talent. Dope they played Good Will Hunting after the doc.

I really liked what his son, Dave Letterman, Billy Crystal, Bob Goldthwait, & everyone had to say about him.

You can tell Crystal & Goldthwait had a very close & loving relationship with Robin. The voicemails Crystal provides from Robin over the years are hilarious. Dude was always on. I bet he was a really fun & loving dad when he was around his kids.

I especially liked the input One Hour Photo director Mark Romanek provided. The story of how he'd like Robin do his schtick between takes with the other actors which would allow for Robin to have a confidence in his performance (a certain glow) while filming. Romanek said that gave Robin's character in the film a extra added creepiness.

One movie I really love of his is The World According to Garp, which was adapted from the John Irving novel. Its when I first discovered what a great actor Robin was. It's a very bittersweet movie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom