Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Damn, haven’t seen it since it was in the theater but there are tour de force performances from everyone in the cast of Fences. Denzel May do a lot of big Hollywood projects but he always reminds people that he’s still got that range... He was such a monster to his son Corey. His monologue about Troy being a shadow following him everywhere...

The Terminal is an under rated movie IMO. My mother in law loves this flick to bcs in part how A Great Day In Harlem is woven into the story... Ahe has a large print of the famous photo in the hallway of her home. It’s an awe inspiring photo especially for someone who loves jazz like our family does (me included).

The meds/goat scene is awesome.

This scene had me craving a whopper.

Wind River was okay.

I honestly don't see the difference between that and The Snowman.

Whoa derrrr...wind river was outstanding
Seemed pretty simple and straightforward to me.

Nothing about it amazed me or blew me away.

Can't think of how it was better than The Snowman other than it having Olsen in it.

Sicario 2 was solid until the final third of the movie & then the ending. An example when someone should've had a solid writing partner to help finish the story strongly.

I liked Wind River & Hell or Highwater to. Very solid movies. Introduced them to my father in law on one of the Saturdays where he hangs out for the day at our place for breakfast, coffee, flick or 2, coffee, lunch, coffee, & then dinner... He loved both of the flicks.

Although severely flawed, I liked Sheridan's Yellowstone show. I love the world he created but I think he'd do well to get a creative partner to help flesh out his stoy lines & to add more detail.

6.8/8 The wifey & I watched the new Netflix doc on Quicny Jones co-directed by his daughter Rashida. Loved it. Even though he has extensive history, I didn't realize how long it was going to be. It clocked in just over 2 hours. It covered the broad strokes of his career thus far & didn't provide details but it didn't bother me because I already knew a lot of his history. My wife also thought they should've filled in more details to.

I loved the behind the scenes family footage of him puttering around. At then 82, he travels the world more than most people have traveled in a lifetime. My favorite segment was the focus on Off The Wall & Thriller sessions featuring so many uber talented engineers & musicians along with song writer Rod Temperton.

I loved seeing the session musicians from both albums getting back together; John Robins (drums), Paul Jackson (guitar), Paulinho Da Costa (percussion), Louis Johnson RIP (Brothers Johnson fame - bass), & the incomparable Greg Phillinganes (piano, keyboard, songwriting).

The cameos were cool too but my favorite is when he came to visit Herbie Hancock & Chick Correa.

For any true music heads like me or anyone curious on the life he's lived so far, I highly suggest the doc. It was a fun watch.

Last edited:
Sicario 2 was garbage.

Everything was rushed and nothing was developed.

A lot of scenes were sloppy and although I followed, I bet plenty of people were lost (at least initially).

I also didn't like the fact dude somehow develop feelings for the girl.

And i was ******* mad as **** when dudes on helicopter are calling for two minutes ETA and it's dark AF and two minutes later when they catch up it seems like it was midday. Once Sicario woke up dude walked put the ditch and found the car that looked like was going about 70 to 80 miles FOH.

Damn, Imma have to see this. 3 American treasures... Redford, Sissy Spacek, & m****rf*****g Tom Waits... Was very lucky to see Redford speak years ago at a lecture of his & even luckier to have seen Waits perform twice. Once with just him with either an acoustic guitar or piano & another time with his full band with guitarist Marc Ribot.

Back
Top Bottom