Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Happy 50th Birthday to Will Smith.

giphy.webp

I’m 6 eps in & migjt just stop. I understand what’s happening but the story is too convoluted when it doesn’t have to be. The writer is using some of the concepts in Inception for the story line in here & doesn’t do a good job of doing it. This didn’t even need to be a 10 part series. It would’ve been better served as a movie or perhaps 3-4 eps at the most. I think it’s the same writer as HBO’s the leftovers which I didn’t like at all...
thanks for the warning. i'll keep going until i lose all interest. i liked parts of the leftovers and i enjoyed the ending. there were lots of chunks that seemed to drag on and the acting was hammy most of the time but the scene where carrie ****s hires the prostitute to shoot her while she blasts slayer is probably my all time favorite scene about dealing with grief. for some reason, the excessive cigarette smoking got to be quite irritating for me though.

how many remakes have won an oscar?
my mom and dad loved the original. my mom especially is a big barbara streisand fan :lol:

Star is Born is quadruple remake... This is the 3rd remake of the original from 1937 starring Janet Gaynor.

I love Kris Kristofferson... Dude was a Rhodes Scholar, true rebel, & he got into a shouting match with that in bred hick toby keith & was going to beat the crap out of him... My man...

:smokin:lol: There used to be a vid of it but his label had it taken off the internets because it was bad for dude's image. Get tossed up by an "old man"...

Kris' quote about dude was hilarious too. He said, "They're doin' to country music what pantyhose did to finger-f****ng." :rofl:

Last edited:
Yeah, they were at some event & Kris was with none other than Ethan Hawke (among others) headed toward the stage & the inbred hick said something like he didn't want Kris spewing any of his liberal ish on the mike & Kris tossed up dude. I think he even split dude's lip too.

To his credit, Kris wouldn't talk about it & when the press tried pressuring Ethan about it, he wouldn't name toby but confirmed it was a big country star.

Then the mutant inbred hillbilly opened his trap all about it saying it never happed & then later that day someone dropped the vid.

Yeah, they were at some event & Kris was with none other than Ethan Hawke (among others) headed toward the stage & the inbred hick said something like he didn't want Kris spewing any of his liberal ish on the mike & Kris tossed up dude. I think he even split dude's lip too.

To his credit, Kris wouldn't talk about it & when the press tried pressuring Ethan about it, he wouldn't name toby but confirmed it was a big country star.

Then the mutant inbred hillbilly opened his trap all about it saying it never happed & then later that day someone dropped the vid.

YOOOOOO if this is true, Kristopherson is by far the coolest dude of all time in my book.

I’m generally super cool with people who tend to spit liberal ish in general, but then to call out one of those douchebag “country” pop stars is golden. Multi millionaire fake tough guys pandering and trying to come off as poor backwoods good ol boys.

Then to actually run the fade? I’d vote for him.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

This was a recent one I loved. Kinda of a Korean Braveheart. It’s called the Admiral about the true story of Admiral Yi Sun Sin who in 1597 defeated the Japanese navy of apprx 200-300 ships with only 13 ships. Perfectly encapsulated the grit of the Korean people or the Han...

Lethal Weapon. :smh: :frown:

I'm just gonna buy S1-2 and pretend the rest never happened.

Can't believe they're doin this to themselves.

2 episodes in on maniac and I really like it SO FAR. Some great acting and an interesting story. Reminds me of a mixture of a TON of movies and shows. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Westworld, 2001 Space Oddessey, etc.

One thing that I wish there was more of so far is better explanations of certain ways the mind works. I want to LEARN some things I never knew.

My wife got me hooked on This Is Us... I must say it's done very well... I don't think there has been any show or movie that does cutting back & cutting forward in time better than this show.

If anyone's familiar with the show, S3 premier continued the flash forward with Randall (Sterling K Brown) & his daughter this time calling Toby saying it was time to see "her". No one knows who this "her" is yet...

It's crazy how simular the vibe is with this & the 80s show Thirty Something right down to the atmospheric guitar playing. I used to love Snuffy Walden's guitar playing & his scores... The use of Ray Charle's Come Rain or Come Shine was flames...

He doesn't do the score for this show but it's weird the lead actor from that show Ken Olin is the exec producer of this show.

Snuffy went on to do a lot of pivotal work like The Wonder Years, My So Called Life, West Wing , Drew Carey Show, George Lopez, & Friday Night Lights (tv show) to name just a few projects he was the composer/musical director for.

Last edited:
emma’s worst day ever is heartbreaking. jonah's is horrible too.

Hers really is awful because she was so mean to her sister that day. I was so confused at first why she was telling everyone she was going on a trip to see her sister, then later we find out what we find out. Then, ohhhhhh right the “A” pill gotcha :lol:

Back
Top Bottom