Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

tumblr_pgb1x8pwqA1qbksez_640.jpg

tumblr_pgb1o5v0Zv1qbksez_640.jpg

I had the pleasure of attending the premiere of "Mid90s" last night at The NY Film Festival and a Q&A w/ Jonah Hill and cast afterwards. I really enjoyed the film. I won't go into too much detail but after the first scene, you do feel like you've been time-warped back to the 90s. Also, the music used in the film is spot on, esp the hip hop. I was jamming to the excess Wu records being played throughout the film. Besides the authentic 90's feel, there's a big brother / little brother dynamic in the film that's very profound. Something I can relate to personally.

There's going to be some LadyBird comparisons but while I do think Lady Bird is a better film overall but I felt more connected to Mid90s. I encourage everyone to see this film when it hits theaters on 10/19

In the Q&A, which was too short imo, Jonah said he started writing the film 4-5 years ago. Said after attending last year's Lady Bird premiere at the NYFF, he was hoping his film was good enough for similar premiere. It is.

7/8

Very nice, I see myself in that audience pic
:lol:

Agreed that it was a solid film, the audience was also great in their reactions

How many films has Mahershala Ali been in where he raises another mans kid? Off top of my head

Ben Button
B7931AE4-A639-44BB-A4DA-9D3CD1C357FE.jpeg

The Place Beyond the Pines
1AA8871D-0042-4D5F-BB26-283127948813.jpeg

Moonlight
79022F23-0845-4F69-8502-860A3D88A53F.jpeg

Firstly. How many works has he been in? He's one of those actors that pop up everywhere despite his skill set.

Pines was a VERY good film in my opinion. A lot a people that didn’t like it, expected something different, based on the first 3rd of the movie.

Starts out as kinda like a heist The Town type movie. If you thought the other 2 parts of the movie were gonna be that, then you prob didn’t enjoy the film as much. That’s not what it’s about.

In its entirety, I think it’s a brilliant film.

I liked Pines a lot. It's kinda got a dry feel to the movie so I can see how people wouldn't like it.

I've loved everything Mahershala Ali has been in. I remember seeing him in House Of Cards for the first time & said to myself this dude is going to be a star.

He & the yakuza dude were my favorites in the 2010 Predator movie with Adrien Brody...

:smokin The yakuza dude went out like a champ to. That dude was in Bourne Legacy too. Wish he was in more stuff.

Pretty impressive stuff from Peter Jackson. Looking forward to seeing this when it's available. I love a good doc...

Pines had like one of the most misleading trailers of all time. First time I watched it I was disappointed. Then a few years later I checked it again and enjoyed it

If we talking that 3rd act I can see why ppl might not like Pines.

Those sons were not it.

Damn I didn't realize they had 5 Avatar movies already in the works. Wonder what the hell kinda story they plan to have unfold.

All 4 elements. Then a fire nation film. So long as Ozai hits Zuko with that spinning flaming dragon pimpslap, I'm good.

Man, I understand you guys loved Sorry to Bother you, but my wife literally walked out the room last night and I was like wtf is this BS about. Didnt find to much humor in it and i completely understood the metaphor, but still couldn't rock with it.

Back
Top Bottom