Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Man these new fangled samurai flicks look so anime-ish.

John Wick speaks Russian & Italian along with sign language. :lol::smokin This scene was funny... Asking if Wick was in Rome to kill the Pope...

Last edited:
Hotel Artemis was one of the best movies I’ve seen in years. So LIT. Best part was not knowing a single thing about it, other than my boy Charlie Kelly was in it.

Great acting all around. Most original story I’ve seen in a while. Comedy, action, gruesome parts, twists, good backstories, excellent cinematography.

Basically The Dark Knight, Escape From LA, John Wick, Pulp Fiction all rolled into 1 movie.

If it had a better score, I could give it like a 7.8/8
But I’ll go 6.8

Lotta gem quotes sprinkled in there too.

“Getting outs always tougher than getting in”

“You work with what you got, not with what you hoped for.”

For us 80s heads... :lol::smokin
D67E5C3D-ED0C-46AA-9BF5-98214BBC40B7.jpeg
phleu29uw42qbwe.gif

Hotel Artemis was one of the best movies I’ve seen in years. So LIT. Best part was not knowing a single thing about it, other than my boy Charlie Kelly was in it.

Great acting all around. Most original story I’ve seen in a while. Comedy, action, gruesome parts, twists, good backstories, excellent cinematography.

Basically The Dark Knight, Escape From LA, John Wick, Pulp Fiction all rolled into 1 movie.

But I’ll go 6.8

Damn G, I haven't even seen the movie and I give it 7.25/8 just based on your post.

YOu being greedy with the 7-8's or what?

a-friend a-friend haha not being too generous my dude. 6.8/8

That’s a solid B rating. Wanted to give it more but the music was kinda lacking. Coulda used a bomb Tarantino score to put it over the top but they went generic action movie music

But I’ll go 6.8

Wow you really liked it.

I felt it was missing something but it was good for what it was.

The Sisters Brothers 5.8/8. Saw it today

A pretty good western.

Reilly, Phoenix, Gyllenhaal, and Ahmed really shined in their own ways for this story. Phoe is and Reilly were in their wheelhouse. Especially Joaquin.

Soke good laughs in this.

A nice story overall with a ****ed up (but realistic) conclusion to the main plot and then a pretty nice albeit possibly underwhelming ending.

Look forward to watching it again.

This new Camping show on HBO reminds me a bit of Togetherness. Dont think it'll last long.

Farmer's character is unbearable. Hope she isn't like that as an actual wife cuz I'd drink too.

Anyone see 22 July yet?

Just finished 22 July. Pretty heart wrenching and intense. The actual shooting scenes of the kids at the camp is shown in way more detail than I anticipated. Much of the story is focused on the shooter and his legal defense too, so be prepared to be furious and disgusted. Thankfully, the survivors angle is redeeming and balances out bleakness in the end.

6.2/8

Loved Hotel Artemis!!!!!

Really liked Bad Times at El Royale
All the characters had sooooooooo much backstory that wasnt there. You knew the basic story but it coulda EASILY been a series on Netflix cuz you could do a couple episodes on each character.

Bruh...Hemsworth haves way to much fun makin movies :lol:

Loved the singing.
I Liked this more that Hateful 8 and i wanna see more of what happened before everybody got to El Royale.

The backstories woulda been better than the movie they were so intresting

The Sisters Brothers 5.8/8. Saw it today

A pretty good western.

Reilly, Phoenix, Gyllenhaal, and Ahmed really shined in their own ways for this story. Phoe is and Reilly were in their wheelhouse. Especially Joaquin.

Soke good laughs in this.

A nice story overall with a ****ed up (but realistic) conclusion to the main plot and then a pretty nice albeit possibly underwhelming ending.

Look forward to watching it again.

Didn't realize this was out already. I need to catch it.

Slice 2.5/8 - Very campy but they own it. A few 80s horror call backs with the music. The plot was weak and the characters uninteresting. Chance the Rapper was a bright spot.

Bad Times at the El Royale, 6.5/8

Movie was all up in my wheelhouse and was just a delight to watch. Only real complaint is they could have chopped off a couple scenes and shortened the film overall to flow a lil better.

Didn't realize this was out already. I need to catch it.
Bruh, dont know where you at but catch asap.

First it was only showing in the city in only 3 spots (at least in my range of travel); 2 AMCs and another spot. I waited too long and AMC pulled it. Just caught some new movies this past Friday that I posted about that weren't showing Sisters Brothers and I was like I'll catch it next week but then I saw they was about to pull it too. So went on a Sunday.

Anybody watch Mandy ?
This movie had potential... a lot. :smh:

The pacing and writing ruins it

First movie I’ve ever walked out of the theater from. 45 mins in or so. I was sort of on one though so I might give it a second chance. Def NOT for the casual film goer :lol:

First movie I’ve ever walked out of the theater from. 45 mins in or so. I was sort of on one though so I might give it a second chance. Def NOT for the casual film goer :lol:

Alright, I thought it was just me. I watched it at home and I was ready to get up too. I checked the time and over 30 mins went by and barely anything happened.

Idk where all the positive reviews are ccoming from but maybe i'm just missing something.

Did any of y’all who have seen Sisters Brothers read the book? I loved the book and honestly didn’t even know they were making a movie :lol: but wondering how much they deviated from the book.

Watched Game Night over the weekend - 5.8/8. Good performances all around, that really made it. Jesse Plemons was great and my dude from New Girl needs more of the spotlight.

Took my boys to see First Man and we all enjoyed it. It was interesting,exciting and a little movie. My only problem with it was the handheld vintage look got a bit tiring after a while.

Back
Top Bottom