Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hotel Artemis was one of the best movies I’ve seen in years. So LIT. Best part was not knowing a single thing about it, other than my boy Charlie Kelly was in it.

Great acting all around. Most original story I’ve seen in a while. Comedy, action, gruesome parts, twists, good backstories, excellent cinematography.

Basically The Dark Knight, Escape From LA, John Wick, Pulp Fiction all rolled into 1 movie.

If it had a better score, I could give it like a 7.8/8
But I’ll go 6.8

Lotta gem quotes sprinkled in there too.

“Getting outs always tougher than getting in”

“You work with what you got, not with what you hoped for.”
Ouch .....

Just finished the movie and although it was not a horrible movie, it was definitely not a great one either.

For me it was below marginal ....

Something that I'd put as background noise.

Nothing noticeable stood out and although it might seem like an original concept, for me it was like a fork of John Wick Monaco hotel.

Dont know if it's early or what but I haven't come across any great amazing acting performances or a lot of this is the best type of movies either.

Hope that changes soon.

hateugiveheader1.jpg

I'm glad to see she's branching out. This is an English language remake a very solid Mexican flick from '11 starring Stephanie Sigman. I saw it back then & liked it alot.

Starz's Counterpart S2 starring JK Simmons is coming back Sunday December 12th.

Shout out to who ever brought up Hotel Artemis.

I just finished it and enjoyed it a lot. Solid movie, everybody played their roles well, especially Jodie.

Sofia Boutella being typecasted as the femme fatale badass in movies is growing on me too.

Shout out to who ever brought up Hotel Artemis.

I just finished it and enjoyed it a lot. Solid movie, everybody played their roles well, especially Jodie.

Sofia Boutella being typecasted as the femme fatale badass in movies is growing on me too.

Her character is the only one I didn’t like. Seems to only have the mean mug in her acting arsenal, which I can’t stand. Jodie KILLED it. As did Bautista :lol:

“Do you see this badge? That means I’m a health care professional.” :lol: dude had me dying. Him and Jodie’s relationship was golden

Bruh, dont know where you at but catch asap.

First it was only showing in the city in only 3 spots (at least in my range of travel); 2 AMCs and another spot. I waited too long and AMC pulled it. Just caught some new movies this past Friday that I posted about that weren't showing Sisters Brothers and I was like I'll catch it next week but then I saw they was about to pull it too. So went on a Sunday.

I'm in Brooklyn with obvious access to Manhattan. I'm searching and see a few theaters nearby are showing it. May have to catch it this wknd.

I'm in Brooklyn with obvious access to Manhattan. I'm searching and see a few theaters nearby are showing it. May have to catch it this wknd.
Similar to me.

Its crazy cuz my regal app just alerted me today they got the Sisters Brothers now but when I go look it's Staten Island and New Rochelle :smh:

Right now only know of it showing in Williamsburg as far places local in BK.

spy who dumped me. wow. another crappy movie that i actually finished. 3/8.

about 1/3 through revenge. that one is shaping up to be a good one.

Walk the Line first time last night, 6/8. I definitely enjoyed it, but no joke, I think because I just saw A Star is Born last weekend, that I found myself comparing the two.

Last edited:
Walk the Line first time last night, 6/8. I definitely enjoyed it, but no joke, I think because I just saw A Star is Born last weekend, that I found myself comparing the too.

I can’t think of a better music biopic off the top. Ray was decent. Selena was decent. La Bomba was decent. I really liked Great Balls Of Fire but I’m prob in he minority there. I think the J Cash one might be the best but I’m prob forgetting some.

Ps, now that you’ve seen it you gotta watch Dewey Cox Walk Hard :lol:

I can’t think of a better music biopic off the top. Ray was decent. Selena was decent. La Bomba was decent. I really liked Great Balls Of Fire but I’m prob in he minority there. I think the J Cash one might be the best but I’m prob forgetting some.

I love Johnny Cash but I couldn’t bring myself to watch Walk The Line yet. >D

I’d definately put Compton in the all time great movie biopics...

Also gotta mention Sid & Nancy along with Amadeus to.

It’s not a biopic but I really really love Round Midnight. It’s not about saxophone great Dexter Gordon who plays the lead role magnificently. It’s a loose composite of Lester Young & Bud Powell.

Love the Scorcese cameo to. Interestingly, Gordon also appeared in the Robin Williams & DeNiro movie Awakenings...

Oooh Sid & Nancy was a good one I forgot. Pretty underrated. I actually thought Amadeus was wack and overrated but it did win an Oscar so it’s prob actually good and I just didn’t get into it. Haven’t seen Straight Outta Compton yet :nerd:

Oooh Sid & Nancy was a good one I forgot. Pretty underrated. I actually thought Amadeus was wack and overrated but it did win an Oscar so it’s prob actually good and I just didn’t get into it. Haven’t seen Straight Outta Compton yet :nerd:
It's been a looong time since I watched Amadeus but I do remember liking Tom Hulce has the lead & how well a POS F Murray Abraham can play. Maybe it's not as good as I remember.

Upon thinking about it more, I really liked Control, a biopic on Ian Curtis (the lead singer of Joy Division), La Bamba, & What's Love Got To Do With It. Lawrence Fishburne should've won a Golden Globe & an Oscar for his performance (as well as Bassett of course). Cadillac Records was serviceable.

Looking forward to watching this.

Caught it last Saturday afternoon. Definitely some heart stringing moments, especially the very end. Just felt it was a bit too long.

I haven't seen Dewey Cox in years. Definitely need to revisit that :lol: .

Caught it last Saturday afternoon. Definitely some heart stringing moments, especially the very end. Just felt it was a bit too long.
Funny you said it was a bit too long. After watching the trailer, I said to myself I bet that movie runs a lil longer than it should be. :lol:

Bad Times at the El Royale 6/8 - Good tension and screen time for each character. Setting and camera shots were awesome too.

How to Talk to Girls at Parties 3.5/8 - I couldn't get into this one. There's better English punk movies and the Dude Where's My Car? cultists were uninteresting.

Back
Top Bottom