Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Mid90s tomorrow.

Maybe finesse it and catch The Hate U Give. Not really much new this weekend or anything I want to see.

Last edited:
watched revenge. it wouldn't have been the same movie with better actors, a bigger budget, and better production. if you can get past the characters surviving despite losing gallons of blood, it's a great ride. it's rape revenge. it's grindhouse. it's watch it at the drive in kinda movie. i really enjoyed it. 6.6/8

watched revenge. it wouldn't have been the same movie with better actors, a bigger budget, and better production. if you can get past the characters surviving despite losing gallons of blood, it's a great ride. it's rape revenge. it's grindhouse. it's watch it at the drive in kinda movie. i really enjoyed it. 6.6/8
Loved Revenge. Saw it in a run down hot *** theater made those desert scenes intense.

On episode 7 of The Haunting of House Hill and this show makes me wanna blow my brains out. Probably the most frustrating show I’ve ever watched. The flashbacks to THE MAX. the painfully slow story. The whypeepo first world problems.

The acting is top notch. Great visuals as well. Kinda cool all the little things that are easy to miss that they throw in. I wanna throw my tv through the wall though with this story. Just give me a god damn linear story. Each episode has no less than 20 flashbacks. 5 minutes in the past. 5 minutes in the future. 5 minutes of 1 month prior to the future. It’s rediculous and I’m just watching because I’m already 7 eps in and I might as well just finish it

On episode 7 of The Haunting of House Hill and this show makes me wanna blow my brains out. Probably the most frustrating show I’ve ever watched. The flashbacks to THE MAX. the painfully slow story. The whypeepo first world problems.

Just give me a god damn linear story. Each episode has no less than 20 flashbacks. 5 minutes in the past. 5 minutes in the future. 5 minutes of 1 month prior to the future. It’s rediculous and I’m just watching because I’m already 7 eps in and I might as well just finish it

Agreed to the max ... I stopped watching after 2 episodes.

Netflix has so many duds lately, the last show that really had my attention was Mindhunter.

Mid90s 7.3/8

Great movie.

I really really enjoyed this. The subject matter of random topics discussed, the early sexual experiences, the awkward moments, some serious topics about life, the big brother stuff.

A lot of other stuff you can relate to or empathize with. Humor was on point.

Music was very on point. Hip hop wose naturally but also slipping in to the 90s. Its accurately mid 90s with the other music you here in different locations.

I wasn't on that skateboarding tip but it's mostly a vehicle to get the kids out and about. I was definitely not on that white ppl hurt yourself steez either but I took it as something that some of them just do.

This the kind of movie that kinda slides right next to Kids almost effortlessly.

The Hate U Give 5.7/8

Movie with a good message but it was pretty much what I expected story wise with.

Main character wise, this is a movie for mixed kids. Every half black kid that feels theyre caught between two worlds this movie might just be for you esoecially if you're still struggling with that.

Story wise you got your young black male murdered by a police officer that grts no justice, outcry from community, riots, added drama of the witness steppong forward and speaking up on behalf of her dead friend. It was a little too preachy for me at times but it was bearable and okay overall.

Got your racist young white kids, white supportive bf, changed ex-convict father, protective mother, black cop uncle, Issa Rae as the person rapping the BLM movement although its called something else.

Last edited:
Got damn. Loretta Devine brought this monologue to life... :frown::stoneface: :smokin She’s been in a lot of projects from TV to movies. An under appreciated actor..

Anyone else has reviews on Holloween?

I keep hearing it might break like an October or Holloween box office record.

Damn you guys lettin’ the thread slide... This is one of the most satisfying scenes in a movie I’ve ever seen. Everyone whose was supposed to “got got” & got it like they should have. :pimp:

Damnit I can’t click on that clip until I rewatch Dances. It’s been like 15 years since I last watched it and I saw it’s on HBO on demand right now. Its gonna be like watching it for the first time again :lol:

Saw El Royale last night, was pretty good, and the cast was decent, but not enough for me. Unique grouping, but not a big enough star to carry it, kinda weird I felt that way, alas....

5/8

Too many damn shows coming.
I can’t keep up
Netflix
Hulu
Amazon
And then cable shows.

Seems like everyone gets a show now :lol:
Julia Roberts, Jim Carey...

Was Skyscraper any good? Joints in my YouTube recommendations

If you've seen one Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson action film, you've seen them all.

Typical ridiculous action movie. Nothing special, if you like that stuff, you'll like that movie.

The Hate U Give 6.5/8 - Thought I wouldn't like this because it felt like one of those straight to DVD Christian movies that come out all the time but its good. Emotional and well acted. I'm not sure if the THUG LIFE acronym has any real truth to it but it made a lot of sense within the scope of the movie.

Back
Top Bottom