Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Old Man & The Gun ---- 6 / 8

- This was such a happy, feel-good movie with an incredible soundtrack
- Redford and Spacek have great chemistry -- he's as charming as ever
- Felt like this was his final film (the montage was awesome), but the ending left it up in the air

Going for 6 this weeked:
Blindspotting
Hold The Dark
A Star Is Born
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Incredibles 2
Suspiria

My body is ready...

del toro is amazing. pan’s labyrinth is in my personal top 25. we need him to do that hellboy 3.

2 eps into the haunting of hill house. good and creepy so far. i love that the kids are really good actors.

Last edited:
Blindspotting 7/8 - Really well done. Daveed Diggs did his thing.

Incredibles 2 7/8 - Almost as good as the first movie. Jack Jack steals the show. Tons of laughs and interesting side characters. Well done Pixar.

Bohemian Rhapsody was really good, but why be in accurate with dates/events? That is just lazy to me.

I guess they dressed it up a bit but to me that lessens the quality.

Overall it was good, well shot/produced, wish they would have tightened the script detail tho.

Rami was incredible tho. He did GREAT work honoring Freddie. Live Aid must have been insane, especially in 1984.

6/8

My dude Carlton doesn't age at all.

He hosts AFV now.

Haven't seen that show in years.

Ridley Scott has a horrible track record as of late, especially with continuing the Alien movies. I don’t feel confident about a Gladiator sequel at all.

Just came from seeing Mid90s. I love coming of age films so I really enjoyed this. I wish it had just a little bit more depth with the characters. A lot of it was left for fill in the blank. But great film regardless.

Had a bit of a KIDS (1995) vibe to it. Just not as intense lol

Bohemian Rhapsody was really good, but why be in accurate with dates/events? That is just lazy to me.

I guess they dressed it up a bit but to me that lessens the quality.

Overall it was good, well shot/produced, wish they would have tightened the script detail tho.

Rami was incredible tho. He did GREAT work honoring Freddie. Live Aid must have been insane, especially in 1984.

6/8

You stole the words right off my fingers. I agree 100%. I was ready to give it a 8/8 to be honest, but when I got home from watching I wound up checking out the IMDb Trivia page and came to learn of two major timeline inaccuracies that turned me off.

The movie veers the furthest from reality in the build-up to their 1985 performance at Live Aid. There's a dramatic scene where Freddie reveals that he's signed a solo deal behind their back for $4 million and that he wants to take a long break from the band. The others are absolutely livid and they all go their separate ways. The truth is that everyone in the band was burned out in 1983 after being on the road for a solid decade. They all wanted a break. The movie makes it seem like they didn't speak to Freddie for years, but they actually began work on The Works in late 1983 and were never estranged.

In the film, before playing on Live Aid, Roger Taylor says it's been years since the last time the band played together. In fact, the last concert of Queen before Live Aid (July 13, 1985) was on May 15, 1985, at the end of The Works Tour, less than two months prior to the charity concert.

In the movie, the group isn't even on speaking terms when they get the offer to play Live Aid in 1985, and they hadn't done a gig in years. It never mentions that they released The Works in early 1984 and then toured it all over the world. The last show of the tour was just eight weeks before Live Aid. They were extremely well-rehearsed by the time that show hit, but the movie shows them having to make peace with each other and get back into playing shape.

Was it really necessary to go against the reality of what really went down?

Rami was incredible tho.

Ridley Scott has a horrible track record as of late, especially with continuing the Alien movies. I don’t feel confident about a Gladiator sequel at all.
Disagree. The recent Alien movies are mediocre but All The Money in the World, The Martian, and The Counselor were dope to me. Ridley still a god.

Interested, I am.

49397406-979E-4076-B2CE-277177B9D16D.gif

tentatively excited but man please dont mess this up

I read or heard somewhere recently that the original idea behind the Gladiator sequel was Maximus traveling through time or something like that :rofl:

Suspiria (1977) 4/8 - I couldn't get into it. No scares. Really poor editing I respect what it is for the time period but it was a long hour and 38 minutes...

The Night Comes for Us 6/8 - Super dope. Iko is the man. Check this out on Netflix even if you don't like fight movies.

I watched John Wick: Chapter 2 tonight.

While I thought it was good and the action scenes were just as good, if not better than the original, it didn't have the same WOW factor as the first.

I can't wait for John Wick 3: Parabellum though.

So either way I'm seeing Prospect and Bohemian Rhapsody tomorrow but which additional two movies should I also see:

Overlord
Girl in the Spider's Web

Or

Front Runner
Private War

??? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom